Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011

Wow, still?
    I didn't know you guys kept so much steam in TA1.
    Happy to know that :D

Every now and then, I open PP to look at the event, and it's always a lame 35 Bux, no mystery parts. Boring, so I turn it off without playing :(

2. kickasslee

kickasslee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    Keeping the momentum going... If there does end up being a sequel, I hope that TA1 will be ready to roll from the start. Anyway, with a fleet as big as yours, flinging a few planes for an hour or so every three days would be a big help Vic...

3. Mindtornado

Mindtornado Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Faye - thanks for the parts. ###

4. kickasslee

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    What do you need? I'm sure I have some things I could part with... Incidentally , I think I want to throw a few Sea knights into the next class 1 event if the range is right. So if anyone has those parts they aren't using, I'm sure I have something I could send in return... Got going on Cassablanca late, but should be able to send a few hundred jobs out... Won't catch Faye or our mystery player though!

Have a great 4th everyone!

-Jeff

5. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Don't forget to add one or two Kangaroo P planes to compensate for the uneven Sea Knight 2P/3C. Otherwise you'll end up with a plethora of stranded people in your layover city.

6. kickasslee

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    #19226 kickasslee, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Yes, very true... I'll put a few in the air for the next L1 event and see how well it works ( Thanks for the parts assist!).Probably sit a few maples. On an unrelated note, should you still play Dragonvale from time to time, if you would be willing to switch out your cooperative breeding dragon that would be awesome.... Game has gone through a few recent upgrades, just started a new 90 day event where friends dragon diversity is important...

-Jeff

7. Mindtornado

Mindtornado Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    We have a veritable Who's Who on the Detroit event leaderboard.

Gus
    Faye
    Merlionine

Lee
    Harmon

8. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I haven't wandered through the forum for a while but yes, I'm still playing. There are a few blank spots regularly appearing on the leaderboard so I figured it was time to find the newer folks! I don't play every event (I'm newly obsessed with Tiny Tower Vegas - code 4GLM9 for those playing) but try to hit most of them and of course, always aim for top 10 if I play.

9. PocketPlanes1991

PocketPlanes1991 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I feel like I'm missing out ! :(

They had to close down the Android version of the game, I put blood, sweat and tears into that game although I only had 20 planes going, I found myself doing remarkably well and at times, I pretty much closed off everything else and I focused on the game.

oh well, going through these posts makes me teary !

10. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I'd like to fill in the blank spots too.

I am playing Pocket Planes a little less now. Got sucked into Clash of Clans, which I have to play using a different GC acct (since the kiddo started COC earlier using my PP GC acct). I'm not sure I even show up on the TA1 leaderboard when I play with the new GC acct cuz I always get a popup saying achievements won't be counted until my original GC acct logs back in. How does this work? :confused:

11. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012

Bummer. I had no idea they discontinued Pocket Planes on Android. Why did they do that?
    I hope they don't do that on IOS.

12. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    I believe Mobage who ported the game over to Android shut down their servers so the game couldn't continue.
    Quite pissed, I had an old iPod touch and while I waited for Pocket Planes in turned out it wasn't compatible but on my tablet it was a good combination, the larger screen helped and at times I won events by pretty much not doing anything else !
    I'm contemplating buying another iPod !

13. kickasslee

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    Never too late to start over, come join the party again! I doubt they will shut down the iOS version. Still fun to fling planes around although admittedly I get less motivated when the events are not at class 1 airports which is why I've barely broken the 50 mark with Paris. That being said, I too would like to know who the missing players on the leaderboard are. I'm missing current #1, 8 & 9...

14. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    I guess I'll have to invest into another iPod then ! It's going to take ages just to get back to speed, can the game be played offline ? As in if I was away from a WiFi source, lets say I completed 100 jobs, when I reconnect to a network, would my account be refreshed with those jobs or does the game have to be played with WiFi ? I can't seem to remember off the top of my head.

15. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Who knows how any of this works? :p You're still showing up on the leaderboards and I'm still chasing you in vain most of the time!

At this point in the Paris game, there's a blank spot at #1 (with nearly 2900 jobs) and at #5 (I'm at #4). Agreed about the Class 1 events being the most tempting, which is why I still keep those Kangaroos ready for deployment.

I'll bring out the Mapples as well, and even the Mohawks if it's a really long stretch. I've considered running leaner with cities but still can't quite give up my close pairs (London/Paris, Istanbul/Tehran, and Seoul/Tokyo). Mustn't be so sentimental about cities, but at least I did finally drop Jakarta as an always-open.

16. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    So..... I've just bought an iPad. Time to get back in this.

Just waiting for the darn thing to arrive

17. kickasslee

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    Excellent! We await your arrival on the Toucharchade1 leaderboard! Assuming you are starting from scratch, I'm sure A few of us can help you out with some planes/parts....

-Jeff

18. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    Thanks, I've gotten it so in order to kickstat my memory, I decided to start in the same region, it's taking time but I'm getting their ! I just bought a Class 3 city and my coins are nearly depleted :D
    game Centre ID: ProfessorFH1991

19. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Did they make a change to Global Events?

They used to end at 1pm in the day or 1am at night (Pacific time). And when the time changes in the fall, this would change to noon and midnight. It has been this way for a while.

Lately, for the past two events ending at night ... Instead of ending at 1am, I noticed that the Global Event city would change to some other city during the last hour (that is, from midnight to 1am).
    I don't know if it has been doing the same thing during the last hour of the daytime end time because I am usually unable to check Pocket Planes at that time.

I was surprised last night when I launched Pocket Planes after midnight and found that the active global event city was no longer London. There was a different global event city that would show up as blue jobs. London jobs went back to white.

20. PocketPlanes1991

Feb 25, 2015
    #19240 PocketPlanes1991, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    At what point should one start to participate in Global Events ?

I've recently got back in the game and I play it tirelessly, I've lost my job so I figured I need to keep my mind busy (God Bless Pocket Planes). I'm currently at Level 17 (nearly hitting 18) I have 10 slots with just over 700'000 in coins and over 500 in bux. I started in Asia but with the currently event in Rome my expansion pretty much there should I start to participate in the event ?
    My worry is I'll be taking planes off routes which are earning me money but then again I'll be earning money in Rome well.
    I'm quite with how quickly the bux have been piling up. I figured I'll use my Kangaroos to pick up bux jobs and the tally rises at a nice rate.

I would heavily appreciate it if anyone would be kind enough to donate parts or heck even a plane ! I'm thinking many long terms players here can pretty much buy a Sequoia with petty cash whereas I'm waiting levels here !
    Game Centre ID: ProfessorFH1991