Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I wonder who they are also.
    I'm still playing Pocket Planes however i haven't been able to devote as much time to it now that I have recently gotten sucked into Clash of Clans. This has turned out to be a very addictive game!!

2. Mindtornado

Mindtornado Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Hi Faye. Not sure if you remember me, but I downloaded planes again and have started building my fleet from scratch

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    o/

just reinstalled, the TinyTower update had me nostalgic. Working with nimblebit support because while the game remembered my membership in toucharcade, it dosent remember the rest of my 15 aircraft fleet and airports running from south america across the world, all max pop heh. Ahh well, worst case scenario I get to rebuild from scratch. Which oddly feels satisfying in this game.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

I've seen a few tweets hinting at a possible sequel for Pocket Planes in the future. \o/

For now they'll focus on TT though.

5. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Yes, B, I remember you! :) Gosh, it's been a loooooooong time. I can't imagine starting over from scratch. Oh my, the grind!!! Are you playing smarter this time around? :D

I haven't been able to play Pocket Planes as much lately because I started playing Clash of Clans. This strategy game is really addictive! Unfortunately, I couldn't start playing COC using the Game Center acct I use for Pocket Planes, because my daughter had started playing COC a year or so ago with my GC account. So after some frustration, I finally figured out how to configure a second GC account just so I can play COC, too. It has been a pain to switch GC accounts when I want to switch between Pocket Planes and COC. I may just start playing Pocket Planes with my new GC acct, however, this means I can't see anyone's names on the TA1 leaderboard. :mad:

6. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I had no idea there was a Tiny Tower update. And my daughter was playing that while we were waiting at the doctor's office earlier today. Will have to go update it.

Oooooh, a Pocket Planes sequel sounds interesting. Wonder what will be new. And I hope it isn't anything like the trains, cuz I got bored of all the micro-managing in that game.

Still waiting to see if Pocket Planes will ever have a Global Event to Kalgoolie (in Australia). I remember we used to have a PP player here (in the early days, player named BlueBear who has long since quit PP) who wanted a Global Event in Kalgoolie. There have been many repeat locations over the years, but never one in Kalgoolie.

Gotta go, phone just buzzed to let me know my COC gold mine has finished upgrading. Gotta go put my builder back to work and do a little raiding before heading to bed.

7. Mindtornado

May 30, 2013

1. I've forgotten so much, I'm probably making the same mistakes as before. I am however setting up straight flight lines.

2.. I am completely addicted to clash of clans. I run a family of four claims and 10

3. You me o get your hay day in order / you never have anything to sell m.

4. I 'll be in you six before you know it

8. Mindtornado

May 30, 2013
    Faye - priority on upgrading airports or upgrading planes? I cannot remember.

9. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I UPGRADE:

I upgrade all my permanent class 3 (red) cities. This allows me the max number of layovers, plus a better number of jobs to choose from.
    (Current fully upgraded airport cities: LA, Chicago, NY, Mexico, Lima, Rio, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, Lagos, Kinshasa, Cairo, London, Paris, Moscow, Istanbul, Mumbai, Dhaka, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Bangkok and Jakarta.)

I upgrade all my airplanes.
    My setup hasn't changed in years.
    When starting out and Bux is low, try upgrading planes you will keep and use permanently. Don't waste it on something you're going to put away in the hangar and rarely/never use again. You can always upgrade those later when you have Bux coming out of your ears. LOL

I've had years to work on this and remember it was a slow grind to build up at the beginning. I think upgrading airports first would be better so you have a larger pool of jobs to choose from, therefore better and easier chance of filling your planes with same destination jobs for the extra cash bonus. All those little extra coins will add up. However, ALWAYS pick up Bux jobs (preferably 4 Bux and up) when you can and drop them off as layovers somewhere to be delivered later if necessary. You need more Bux to upgrade stuff. I used to have airport "hubs" to collect Bux and other jobs. Some people wrote some useful strategy guides about that and they were all listed/linked in a resource page that is in my signature (does it still appear there?).

I DO NOT UPGRADE:

Any temporary cities I open up to help my class 1 planes hop from here to there. (I only use class 1 planes for Global Events in class 1 (gray) or class 2 (blue) cities. I don't even bother swapping out my planes for Aeroeagles in class 2 Global Events.)

I don't upgrade any class 1 or class 2 Global Event cities. That's cuz my planes don't stop there to pick up jobs.
    For example, in the current Global Event, my Kangaroos pick up jobs in Kinshasa, fly to the global event city, drops off the jobs and makes a u-turn to its final destination which is Kinshasa.
    All my class 3 planes drop off event jobs in Kinshasa.
    I have to admit that I can't remember what that city name is. I haven't looked at PP in over a day. It is a pain having to switch GC every time I switch between PP and Clash of Clans. And I tend to stay in Clash of Clans these days.
    Is there a way to transfer my Pocket Planes to my new Clash of Clans GC?

10. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm in the same clan as my daughter. It helps me keep an eye on what goes on in clan chat. ;) she's smart enough to kick out anyone who thinks COC is a dating site. You know, when someone joins a clan and the first they they post is, "any girls here?" Kick. LOL

My daughter is the one who plays Hay Day. I don't think she looks at it as often as she used to. Everyone here is addicted to Clash of Clans.

11. Mindtornado

May 30, 2013
    Thanks for the advice Faye and big THANKS for the cloud liner part

12. Mindtornado

May 30, 2013
    Who is currently second in jobs? I'd like to add them

13. kickasslee

kickasslee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    It might be me although at the time of this posting (around 4 hours left in event) I am in first, but heading to bed so I doubt I will end up there. I agree with Faye as far as upgrading. As a general rule, airports might be the priority, but pretty rare that I would upgrade anything other than a class 3 airports. I don't rotate my fleet much anymore either for each event as right now I am diverse enough to drive numbers a little regardless of class of event, all of my planes are fully upgraded. I imagine I have several parts hanging around that I am not using that I could also send you if you are needing anything in particular...

14. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I meant to send you more. I need to check the Market for parts. Cloudliners aren't as useful as Cyclones (my opinion), but I thought you might be able to sell them for a few coins, each one sells for something between 9,000 and 10,000 coins. Forget how much exactly. Sorry there is no way to gift Bux. That would have been a great feature since I'm sitting on 120,000 Bux right now.

Just logged back into my Pocket Planes GC and discovered that I have only managed to deliver 40 jobs to Mahajanga, and there is 2 hour left on this event. I only have 12 Kangaroos and 1 Mapple in Kinshasa right now (the rest of my class 1 planes are still in Seoul!) ... plus 16 Cyclones grounded in Kinshasa waiting to unload event jobs. I think I'll spend most of tomorrow cleaning up layovers. LOL

The Leaderboad at the moment shows:

1. 624 Kickasslee
    2. 377 Gus172
    3. 256 Mindtornado
    4. 191 Bervie18
    5. 40 Me

In previous Global Events, there were some unknown/blank names on the Leaderboard. Wish I knew who they were.

15. kickasslee

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida

I have sent request to both Gus172 and Mindtornado to add, so hopefully they will accept. I wonder if our mystery player is back for this event as they are already at over 800!

16. Mindtornado

May 30, 2013
    Added you kickasslee.

17. kickasslee

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks! Any idea who is #1? I don't have them, but they must either have a huge fleet or a lot of spare time on their hands!

18. Some dude

Some dude New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Hi Faye, I'm new here at touch arcade and I saw you helping and sending some plane parts for some players. Could you please help me and send me some aeroeagle parts please? My GC is D.a.y.Z.

19. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Just chiming in to say I was #5 on the Houston event. I hadn't played PP in a few years but am back and starting from scratch. If anyone would like to add me, my GC is snippygal1.

20. kickasslee

Jul 17, 2014
    Gainesville Florida
    #19220 kickasslee, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Snippygal1: You need to join toucharcade1... We are smaller (but much cooler. ) ... Only about 10 of us, but we constantly finish 2nd or 3rd...