Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    Very solid advice there.

2. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Not totally inspired to add 2 new airports to make a 90 degree detour off my main flight path to port elizabeth - especially as it will cost more to open the airports than the prize is worth :) my top 25 streak may end here.

3. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Or ... you may look at it as time to open a permanent airport at Kinshasa :D If your coins/plane slots allow it.

My permanent airports are: LA, NY, London/Paris, Tehran, Tokyo, Lima, Kinshasa, Jakarta. So wherever the global event, I have an airport quite close by. For the San Jose global event, I opened Mexico City (closest class 3), but I fly global event jobs from LA and NY to Mexico City.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    @Aly : follow Castlepage 6 points advice to the letter! ;)

So who is first for TouchArcade1 by a big margin?
    Android player or someone I haven't yet on GC
    I added te last few members that signed up in the members list, if I forgot you, please add me
    GC Vic Sark
    Welcome y'all, let's fly some friggin' planes together :)

Attached Files:

5. MacSym42

MacSym42 Active Member

Jan 3, 2013
    France
    Need an advice please :)

I'm lvl 40 and I've got only 20 planes slots. I've got around 10 000 000 coins that I want to keep if I need some coins in the future.
    I'm doing bux and I am actually at 92XX. I use 16 planes for the bux collect so it allow me to use only 4 planes for the event. :( Should I exchange my bux when I will have only 15k bux, to have more planes slot faster, or wait to have a better rate of exchange (So 20/25k bux) ?

6. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    All I can do to keep 4 Kangaroos supplied to Johannesburg.

7. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    I would do a Bux exchange as soon as possible. 20 plane slots is too low at your level. A good target would be 25 to 30 plane slots.
    With a 10k exchange you would get to 29 slots (look at the Bux Calcs spreadsheet for scenarios, link in my signature)
    It will change your gameplay considerably.

The rest depends on your number of airports.

I wouldn't also keep 16 Bux planes, around half that is enough. You could either have less airports or leave a few center ones without Bux sitters. Use bigger M planes as sitters if you have more than one plane per airport.

And use your 10m coins, keep only a few millions. I don't see how you would need more for sthg else than airports and upgrades.

Don't forget to keep a few hundred Bux for plane parts and upgrades.

Let us know what u do anyhow ;)

8. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Hey guys. I've plays PP for a long time but never posted in the forums. I'm level 33 and just looking to get a concorde or a c130. I have the concorde controls from the last event but need the rest.

What I have to trade

1 - Cloudliner M
    3 - Cyclone C
    3 - Cyclone P
    2 - Sequoia P
    1 - Sequoia M

9. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Why do you need so many bux? I just mix the bux and the coins in all loads and always get the bonus.

10. MacSym42

MacSym42 Active Member

Jan 3, 2013
    France
    #11790 MacSym42, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    I'm using a train bux strategie with Cloudliners P and C, inspired by Slightlynorth.

I've tried the pair airport strategie but I don't like play like that. So I want to keep my 16 Bux Planes even if it´s a lot :D

I think I will exchange my bux when got 15k bux.

@PocketDaddy45 : I think coins are not important at my level. It´s too long if I concentrate my fleet on coins. The bux are better than coins when you exchange a lot in the bank.

11. johnwinning

johnwinning Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Argh

I thought I'd join TA1 because of all the activity on the forum, and after about 300 jobs, I realized it's TOUCHARCADE1. :( I guess I have some catching up to do...

12. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #11792 vicsark, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    Ok it makes more sense then. 16 was way too much for Bux sitters but in a train loop, that's less a problem as you don't need regular planes to get the layovers from A to B.
    I would still do the exchange soon, because with 10 more planes you'll be getting those Bux back more quickly than you think anyway.
    And the relative value of the Bux depends also on your actual number of plane slots. Between 20 and 30, plane slots are still (relatively) cheap, after that you definitely need massive Bux exchange.
    Allez, au boulot! ;)

lol, too bad because with 300 jobs you would have been in top 10 easily (on this one)

Yes the crew name is indeed TouchArcade1
    TA1 is the acronym

13. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    How does this bux train work? How do you gather them?

14. wllmtwd

wllmtwd New Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Seattle
    trades

I'm new to this forum but i've been playing since the beginning (just hit level 46). I joined the toucharcade crew to get as much stuff as i could. I have 18 planes flying, 23 slots, and 19 cities open. 3693 bux and 19,838,025 coins.

Interested in anyone who wants to trade for the obvious planes (bobcat, P-40, mapple, concorde, C-130)... i have multiples of almost all of the other planes and a huge amount of parts... My gamecenter id is wllmtwd.

Cheers!

15. goffy3

goffy3 Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I have a Cloudliner-M for sale. Now taking offers!

16. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012

My fleet is still mostly Aeroeagles & Pearjets so my permanent airports are LA, NY, London, Tehran, Shanghai as well as honolulu and jakarta.

I really don't see what additional i would gain adding kinshasha permanently, as most of my fleet can't even get there, other than branching off due south from london/paris

17. MacSym42

MacSym42 Active Member

Jan 3, 2013
    France
    I have got 8 permanent following airports : Tokyo - Teheran - Paris - NY - LA - Rio - Kinshasa - Jakarka. My loop is the same :
    Tok => Teh => Par => NY => LA => Rio => Kin => Jak => Tok => Teh ...

I use Cloudliners P and C but you can use Sequoias or Cyclones, it´s not a problem.
    They sit in an airport and I load them with bux jobs only. And when one is full, I send it to the next city of the loop.

For example, a Clouliner C is full of bux Jobs in Paris, I send it on NY. Arrived in NY, he wait to be full again and go to next city, LA.

It´s very simple.

The advantage is that you have a lot of city aound the world that you can use for events like hub or feeder.

If you play a lot, you can make a lot of bux easily.

18. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thanks for that great explanation. I may try that for a change. So you just cash in some bux when you get low on coins then. Makes sense.

19. Andsomeskittles

Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks for adding me! I probably won't participate in the current event as it's a bit far away from my current route. But i came 28th in the vegas event, anyone who hasn't please add me on GC benzilla666 If another Concorde event comes up though I'll go out of my way to do it.

To the person who wanted to know what was so special about it, to me I miss it soo much I couldn't even explain. I live on the heathrow flight path, right by the heathrow turning beacon so Concorde used to go over my house twice a day and if I was lucky it would have to circle round again before landing. I used to run outside and watch it go over every day and my life long dream was to go on it. It was a stunning bird to watch and hear, it's been a decade and I'm still just as gutted its no longer in service.

20. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Clarifications

I stay off the forums for less than two days and there are ten forum pages and lots of questions! :)

* The Concorde truly isn't that great a plane. But it's super fast, has a great range, and most of all, it's rare. It costs way too much to fly to make any kind of profit with it. Even one empty slot runs you negative, as others have noted.

* When we say "the other planes deliver them" the idea is that about 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 of your planes (typically Seq-M) are on bux-collecting duty. The rest of your planes, whatever you have, Aeros, Seq's, etc., actually delivery them, filling up to 25% bonus with coin jobs usually. For convenience sake many color their bux-collecting Sequoias green, and they usually end up nicely at the top of the plane list as the others are constantly in the air.

* With this strategy, people pick cities super close: Sao Paolo/Rio; Shanghai/Seoul. When SanPaolo bux collector is full, both it and the Rio plane move. They land before the next refresh cycle is even over. Rinse. Repeat.

* When you deliver the bux, even with a bonus, you lose money. But when you are able to grab a few thousand bux, you cash them in for far more than what cash jobs would get you.

* All that said... Castlepage's advice (to build up slots and hold off on bux runs) seems very good for where you're at right now :)

Hope you're feeling better soon!