Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

I just thought about something: the Concorde SST isnt actually supersonic (faster than sound)...on EARTH. Since there is no medium for sound to travel in space (meaning zero speed), would that make our Concorde supersonic? Then again, by the same principle, moving our gand in space can be considered "supersonic" as sound cannot move without a medium like oxygen, carbon, other assorted gasses or liquids. I'm teally overthinking this game :)

2. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012

Open now :)

3. CJJ

CJJ Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Student
    Hawaii, USA
    So after looking at all of those strategies that some very helpful person posted a couple pages back, I still have questions?
    #1) Do these bux collecting strategies only work with global events where the bux jobs are increased?
    #2) Do you want more or less airports for these bux collecting strategies?
    #3) When doing these strategies do players stop doing coin jobs completely? Furthermore, do they stop putting coin layovers in nearby airports?

Hopefully someone can help me! >:D

BTW if anyone wants to trade their Concorde Body just send a PM my way. :3

4. johnwinning

johnwinning Member

Mar 7, 2011
    1) Bux collecting works anytime.
    2) Less airports. I had 12 Class 3's for most of my collecting.
    3) I stopped doing coin layovers. I only picked up regular jobs to fill out flights. I had a couple seq-m's that were floaters that I used to make long-distance trips. This helped keep my coin balance even.

5. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    You've got a clear case of pocketplanitis. Pour yourself a stiff drink and go to bed.

Cheers,
    M.

6. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Concorde

OK - I know I already asked this question, but I didn't get a clear answer - at least, I can't remember anyones' answer....so, here goes:

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL WITH THE CONCORDE PLANE?!

- WHY DOES EVERYBODY WANT ONE?!

- WHY DOES NO ONE (OR SO FEW PEOPLE) HAVE ONE?

- ARE THEY REALLY THAT SPECIAL?

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?!
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    For me I love that is can go SO far. LA to Paris (upgraded) in one shot. And it's fast, but can still make a couple thousand coins on a trip. The only thing I don't like about it is the very uneven split. 6P/2C makes it hard to be useful.

8. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    You're not missing anything. Trust me. Any spare parts you have, let me do you a favour. I'll take 'em off your hands so they won't clog up your warehouse. Deal? :D

Cheers,
    M.

9. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    My pleasure.

For bux planes, you'll have to wait very LOOONG if you want to fill a bux plane to 25% bonus. I just fill mine to 80% full and pad the remaining with coin jobs and send it off.

I suggest that you have a few coin sequoias doing LA-Tokyo coin jobs for the 25% bonus while the bux planes sit and wait for bux. Get your coins up :)

I have 489,653,830 coins, from bux exchange. My next plane slot is at 85,514,525 coins, so I really can't buy many more plane slots. But yes, I can open and close airports as I please :)

1. I think global events have nothing to do with bux jobs. If you upgrade a particular airport, you increase the number of jobs generated (including bux jobs) during job refresh.
    2. Sure, the more airports, the more total bux jobs generated (say each airport generates 1-2 bux jobs on average.) But do you have enough time to cycle through ALL the airports checking for bux jobs?
    Plus, the more airports opened, the more planes you need (assuming that you want to collect at every airport.)
    For myself, I have 9 class 3 airports permanently opened, fully upgraded (for maximum jobs generated and layover slots). Each job refresh, I cycle through these 9 airports ... more manageable.
    3. It's up to you whether you want to continue the coin jobs. There's no hard and fast rule.

10. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Ahhh, okay so GREAT DISTANCE is one reason. Thank you, Snowbird. But, how does it make so many coins? (I'm sure I know the answer but my mind is blank; it's midnight where I am)

11. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    An Elvis impersonator with a glow in the dark beard!

Attached Files:

12. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    I was flying my Concorde from Los Angeles to Paris during the Paris event. If I left one empty seat it was negative profit. Had to completely fill to make a profit. The speed and distance were nice though.

13. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Great event team!

Turning in for the night with about 13 minutes to go. Looking forward to next event.

Attached Files:

14. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    #11754 thisisina, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    'Cause it's rare and looks cool. Well, that's my reason why I want it. :D Too bad I don't have much of value to trade. Anyone want hot air balloons and Huey's for a Concorde part? :p

The reason so few people have one is because it hasn't been a full plane prize during an event yet. So people either have one (precious) part and have to trade for the other parts from those who are not interested in the Concorde, or if they were lucky they received one from NimbleBit during the free gift time.

Hope you're feeling better. If you do have to go to the ER tomorrow, tell them your doctor told you to go if your BP dropped below a certain level, not just that it's low. Hopefully you won't have to go though.

15. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Las Vegas stats in Spreadsheet

I just filled out the TA1 spreadsheet with crew ranking and member ranking.

I need some help filling in the "## Crew Members flying with TA1 as of ### remaining" part (the comment in cell 1I)
    How do you find out the total number of TA1 members working the Las Vegas event?

16. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Send one job and see the ranking :)

New event is another bux-only event at port elizabeth!

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Hey Faye, it's only possible with a second iOs device that does one job for TA1 (and is either not iCloud synced or has a different GC).
    That's how we can do the intelligence reports: change the crew name. Hard exit of the app, reopen, do one job, wait a bit for the ipdated leaderboard, see your rank. Rinse, repeat :)

18. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nice job counts guys! Who are the missing names?

19. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #11759 Faye Valentine, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    But I can only see the people around me and can only report there are 10 participants. :(

Port Elizabeth is almost like the Cape Town event we did back in July. Guess I better re-open Kinshasa again ... the residents in Kinshasa are probably pissed off at the number of times I've opened and closed their airport. :D

I filled in #1 through #9 on the spreadsheet.
    #10 is blank on my end .... who is this?

Ah, ok. Then I'll leave it to someone else to gather intel. :)
    Cuz my husband would prolly think I'm weird if I told him I needed to install PP on his phone.

20. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Renaissance Faire in Port Elizabeth for 30 bux... time to finish up Madagascar...

/sigh @ this event