Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New to thread. Looking to get rid of Concorde engine for a full mapple. GC iD is bumactor13

2. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Also looking to get added to TA 1

3. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    First of all, I would like to publicly thank CastlePage for gifting what I indirectly asked for in the threads: Sequoia-P and a Sequoia-C! Now I can try ltbaxter's (and others') strategy. Thank you, CastlePage! <3

4. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

hey bumactor, are you sure that's correct? I tried to add "bumactor13" and it won't send. Is there a space or something in your GC name?:confused:

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm sooo impatient. I upgraded my bux-dedicated sequoias for speed and weight. Kind of regretting not using Cyclone-M's for bux but at 12 planes I'm too heavily invested in Sequoias to change them all out right now. Maybe later :)

I've started bringing in a couple Cyclone-M's. The speed and weight I upgrade right away, and distance as needed.

When the Kringle Kruiser event was on, that's when I bought my first Cyclone-M, to do Mexico City-Paris direct once I looked it up on TRS's Calculator.

For those who don't know about it:
    The Rusty Snowman's Airport Distance Calculator.
    http://therustysnowman.com/proj/pocketplanes.php

I LOVE this tool so much. I am holding out hope one day he will be interested in PP again and add the new plane data.. :)

Go to the Flight Crew details in your game, and change your Active Flight Crew to #TouchArcade1 to join TA1.

Also go to the spreadsheet linked in my signature and add your info. There you will find a list of GC's playing with TA1 and you can start adding them in Game Center so you will see their names show up on the Leaderboard.

Aly that BP sounds soooo low still. Please take care and go to the ER if you need it. Hope they find a medication that works better for you soon!

6. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I meant to post this some time ago:

Elvis Convention!

Attached Files:

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    You should do that again and name the plane Elvis :)

8. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Running them bux and jobs

I agree with Castlepage. The LA-Tokyo full plane (25% bonus) jobs are going to work very well. Let the money come from the long+bonus runs and try to bring in event jobs from much closer with smaller planes.

When sitting for bux you grab any and every bux job, and when the sitting plane is full you hop it to the nearest big city (for good layovers) and dump them all. Other planes come by and deliver. Those delivery planes will try to get full to one destination (the dropped off bux plus random cargo/passenger jobs). Only at higher lvls where coins become irrelevant would you fly all over dropping one at one city, 3 at another.

Please do watch your BP Aly. I'm not a medical doc, but below 70 gets in the dangerously low range. One chart suggested blackouts (and blanked out vision, as you noted) are common if it gets to 60, and coma around 50. Follow the docs/nurses's instructions very carefully. If it's right on the edge, rest, give it a while and see if it comes back up. If not, get in to the ER.

-- Larry

9. Andsomeskittles

Dec 30, 2012
    Hi, another noob here. I started out playing on a team with a couple of friends, there was only 3 of us though so a tiny crew, we did ok considering but my 2 friends have stopped playing now so after doing the same as many others seem to have I have I joined toucharcade, read this forum and jumped onto TA1 a few events ago. I've added myself to the spreadsheet my GC name is benzilla666.
    I use my bf's account so I'm actually a girl and not called Ben as my GC name would indicate.

Oh and very jealous of anyone with a Concorde. Want want want! One part so far and fingers crossed another event with it as the prize in the not too distant future!

10. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    This advertising is worthless!

#fireSeattleAdvertisingAgency

;)

11. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Aly,

First things first: take care of yourself!

Re pocket planes: if you fly a plane full of bux jobs to the same destination you will get the equivalent 25% bonus in coins to help defray the cost of the plane run.

12. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I think the advertising has been pretty good for a change. I hope it keeps up if we have a full plane event.

13. Geebeeweebles

Geebeeweebles Active Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Faye Valentine
    Thank you very much for the sequoia!

Just hit level 24, wondering whether tetras are any good?

I can't wait to move into TA1 when this event is over. I've been adding lots of you on GC, need to do more! Feel free to send me a request!

14. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I would say skip Tetras and keep buying Sequoia's

15. dannyblunts

dannyblunts New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    #11735 dannyblunts, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    i didnt back up my game save and i lost all my data yesterday when i had to restore my iphone :( if anyone can spare some parts id be greatful, gamecenter: shumpdogg.
    i really need a seqouia or a cloudliner if someone can spare, thanks in advance
    -danny

16. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah sorry. It's just BumActor. No 13

17. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    update

Don't worry - I will! 70/46...I'll go to the ER tomorrow morning. I don't feel bad at all - haven't fallen, haven't had trouble seeing, haven't been so lightheaded I had to sit/lie down. How long do you guys think I'll have to wait to be seen at the ER? Usually it's chest pain so I get seen right away. But tomorrow I'mma be like "my blood pressure is low." How low? "60/30." How do you feel? "Just fine." Ok, have a seat and wait for 12 hrs. :eek: lol

I don't understand. If I fly a Sequoia with 10 bux jobs, and fly from LA to Tokyo, won't I get a negative profit? Cuz bux like, takes away from coin profit. right?

I can send you a KK?

18. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    You can sell 1 bux for 500 coins though.

19. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Are you kidding me?

So with 3 1/2 hours to go, Chicago closes with 50 Vegas jobs setting and more inbound to there. Grrrrrrrr

:mad:

20. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Come on Ump, it's only closed for an hour and your a strong second getting ready to take over first. As for me, I'm going to bed in third place after watching six and a half hours of American football, I hope that when I get results in the morning I managed to finish in the top five. GO TA1.