Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Kahleranderson

Kahleranderson New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    #11681 Kahleranderson, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    I was just wondering if anyone had any birchcraft anything parts that they'd be willing to gift to a new player?

GC kahleranderson

2. Ninjaboy292

Ninjaboy292 Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Game Impressions

Is the parts for cloudliner p and other planes permanent? If it is could someone please tell me where the parts are, that would be great.:)

3. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I assume you mean "If i Buy them in the MARKET (answer to where the parts are)" then yes, you hold them forever. Or, if you want to build the plane, go to the menu and hit "parts" and then "build" and you'll see which planes you have the complete part-set to.

4. Ninjaboy292

Ninjaboy292 Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Sorry I said it wrong, I mean when you buy airports you find a part of a plane, does that part stay with every gamer or just random? If it's permanent then it would be great if someone told me where the couldliner p parts are.

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #11685 Snowbird, Jan 4, 2013
    Ahhh, no those parts are random. Also if you close an airport and open it again, you do not get another part.

6. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    I also suspect that it's random, but I just spent some coins opening random airports to test this theory. If anybody wants to check, here are the parts I just received:

Class 1 Airports:
    Capetown (Africa) navigator M controls
    Beira (Africa) Mohawk-M body

Class 2 Airports:
    Chengdu (Asia) Griffon-C engine
    Hanoi (Asia) Kangaroo-M body

Class 3 Airports:
    karachi (Asia) Aeroeagle-M controls
    Guangzhou (Asia) Airvan-M body

7. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    #11687 Snowbird, Jan 4, 2013
    Confirmed: I found an Airvan-M controls in Beira.

8. Ninjaboy292

Ninjaboy292 Member

Jan 4, 2013
    #11688 Ninjaboy292, Jan 4, 2013
    Bux and plane trading

I know its possible to send planes to each other but can you send parts of planes and bux to other people?

If you can I am buying cloudliner plane parts for 75 bux each.

Body x0
    Engine x0
    Control x0

If anyone could I would be VERY greatful for some people to give me the part. My mobage name is an email: [email protected]

9. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    as opposed to being patient and buying cloudliner plane parts for 73 bux in the market?

and I don't think you can send bux.

10. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    If it weren't school holidays, they'd probably send kids home. The biggest danger at the the moment are severe bushfires around the state that folks are being warned to stay away from.

So, no warnings to stay indoors, but with my pale British skin and low tolerance for that kind of heat, I sure as heck had no desire to venture outside. :)

11. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    No, you can only send plane parts.

12. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    #11692 Snowbird, Jan 4, 2013
    Whole planes cannot be sent in one shot. To send a plane, one must scrap a plane into parts and then the parts can be gifted individually. Gifting a part costs 1-3 bux each depending on what class the plane it is for. Bux and coins cannot be sent directly, only plane parts.

A note to new friends joining this forum:
    We are all here to help each other out with strategies, advice, and at times you will see people gift and trade parts. Please do not come on this forum simply to ask for handouts.
    Be patient. Play the game. Enjoy it. If you're in a rush to progress, consider buying bux to support the Nimblebit. Otherwise, play the game like the rest of us did, and enjoy that rewarding feeling of accomplishing something for yourself. :)

See my signature for a link to some great strategies and tips to help you progress faster. Also linked is the Pocket Planes Parts Trade forum.

13. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    D'oh! Why did I open 6 airports to confirm the fact that the "opening a new airport gift" is random, when one (or two at most) would have been sufficient. :eek:

Couldn't have said it better. :)

14. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Now there's a a familiar name! Nice to see you again! Just tried to send you something but can't find you on my list, is your GC and different from your forum name?

Just sent you a Sequoia C to pair with the Sequoia P you have. I think most people run the P/C planes in pairs.

15. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012

I think maybe once I've gotten perhaps a cyclone part?

Everything else I've ever gotten has been for a level 1 plane, bar perhaps one birchcraft part.

16. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Hey, cool, what happened? I'm starting to see lots of new names here in the forum...:)

What do you mean by 'running the P/C planes in pairs?' :confused:
    I'm like, totally messed up with my Sequoias.
    So far I've got a Sequoia-M flying from Tokyo to LA (with cargo for both LA and Las Vegas), another Sequoia-M sitting in Tokyo with cargo bound for Tehran (which is so often over-looked!) and then one last Sequoia-M sitting in Tokyo with one item: 1 laid-over bux job that needs to go to Las Vegas. Still gathering parts for Sequoia-Cs & Ps.

What do you guys name your large planes? (btw I am finally up to 146,597 coins and 250-some bux.)

17. lemonb

lemonb Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Hi - Newbie here. Been watching this thread for awhile, and decided to join the TA1 crew so my event jobs could have a bit more 'meaning'.

I'm currently in the 30s on the TA1 board during the Vegas event. GC handle is lemonbenson.

Thanks for the great advice and strategies listed in the thread b

18. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Amazing!! There are actually people living in Hobart?? :)

19. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Hi Aly! I name my big planes "JUMBO" (just kidding... I usually name by type, then a number, then cargo type, like SEQ1M)

If you run only P's and C's they're independent and can run where they please. If you also run M planes and let your P's and C's run loose, you'll get heavy imbalances in your layovers. To avoid this with a mixed fleet, a P and C plane will run 'together' - when one moves they both move, to the same destination. Or for example you want to use P's and C's to ship stuff out of a hub to an event city, but you're brining in loads with M planes - if you only had a P the airport would fill up with C-cargo.

By flying from Tokyo to LA with both LA and Las Vegas cargo you lose the 25% bonus. You're better off running just LA jobs or dumping them both in Chicago, then let smaller planes shuttle them over to LA or LV in full amounts for the 25% bonus. At this point with your coin situation, you don't want to miss out on that bonus on such a nice long haul :)

20. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    #11700 alyssacroacia, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Ahhhh! Finally, a gameplan that makes sense! :cool: What's your GC? please add me. I'll get some P & C parts, then I'll try out your strategy. At this point I don't understand why people are using P/Cs instead of Ms, but I have the feeling I'll find out.

btw currently all my Sequoias are named 'QUOIA.'

*EDIT: ltbaxter - what would you call your 11th Sequoia?