Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Patchy710

Patchy710 Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Editor
    New York, NY
    Long shot...

I, like most, desire the concorde!! I ended up with a Concorde body in the last event. Anyone have the controls and/or engine to trade? I've got a starship, cloudliner passenger and mixed, blimp, sea knight, hot air balloon, huey, and a variety of other more common planes to give away!

Many thanks, even if I'm being laughed at right now. : P

--Anth

2. goffy3

goffy3 Member

Jan 2, 2013
    How good is the Concorde? How much does it make?
    Thanks.

3. Patchy710

Patchy710 Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Editor
    New York, NY
    Updated request!

I was able to trade with someone and now just need Concorde Controls! I've got a Mapple, Cloudliner P & M, blimp, hot air ballon, and other common planes still available. The starship and sea knight are gone.

Thanks!

4. goffy3

goffy3 Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I have the Concorde controls you need! Add me on gamecenter: KEVSTEVTRE

5. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
  6. Geebeeweebles

Geebeeweebles Active Member

Jun 22, 2012
    #11626 Geebeeweebles, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    Hello!
    I'm determined to be more active on the forums as you're all so friendly and have some good discussions.
    I'm a Level 23 at the moment, with 26/51 airports. (Moscow, Los Angles, Chicago, New York, London, Paris, Lagos, Kinshasa, Cairo, Istanbul, Tehran, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Bangkok, Jakarta, Xi'ain, Tokyo, Chengdu, Nairobi, Khartoum, Recife, Caracas, Miami, Boston, Las Vegas)
    I'm never sure whether it's better to have lots of airports, or just some main ones, and ones you need to link your journeys. I try to get rid of the ones I don't need, but they all seem to have a purpose; My Lagos>Reclife>Caracas>Miami, is a way of getting my lower range planes from Africa to America.

I have 16 planes:
    4 Fogbusters (2 m, 1 p, 1 c)
    4 Aeroeagles (2 m, 1 p, 1 c)
    1 Sequoia P - Seems like a really efficient plane? I'm saving for another one,
    4 Pearjets (1 m, 1 p, 2 c)
    2 Birchcrafts (1 p, 1 c)
    1 Sea Knight - my favourite little plane, I use it for events that are 1st/2nd Class airports.
    For events with 1/2 class airports I usually buy the closest 3 class airport, have big planes feeding the goods there, and the sea knight going back and forth picking them up. Like right now I have Las Vegas and Los Angles, that it's bouncing between. I'm #50 in the Touch arcade flight crew at the moment!
    I'm thinking of joining TA1, that is, if you'll have me!? I'd love a few more friends on Game Centre, (add me! I'm Geebeeweebles) and the competitive side to it is fun.
    Question: If you move flight crews in the middle of an event do all of you contributions move to the new Flight crew or stay with the old one?!

I don't really have planes for specific jobs, except the Sea Knight. I always fill my planes to get the 25% Bonus, and just send them on what ever journey has the most profit to be made from it.

So, I would love any advice you have to give me, on what to do next, how to make my airline more effective/ your opinions!
    Thank you!
    Gee x

7. Geebeeweebles

Jun 22, 2012
    Boo hoo. I want a Concorde, it lookes super awesome! Hope it doesn't crash! I have a Concorde Body. Hope some more events to get parts for it will be coming out soon!

8. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Your fleet is very similar to mine, almost exact, except i have more sequoias than fogbusters.

I like the Sequoia's better than the fogbusters myself, and I'm not a huge fan of anything bigger because i don't like waiting to get things filled up. I use the cloudliners when there is a Level 3 event but other than that, my fleet is made up of Aeroeagles, Pearjets (Though I am going to start phasing these out possibly) and Sequoia's to ensure the 25% bonus.

I also have a kringle kruiser that i use for level 1 events that I like.

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #11629 vicsark, Jan 3, 2013
    I'm pretty sure that we'll have a full Concorde event or Concorde part event soon.
    That's how it went for the other rare planes ;)

And....
    AT LAST she's flying (stats with fully upgraded range and speed o_O)
    Thks to all I traded parts with (ifwhalescouldfly, jmac, MxBoyles and a few others)
    And a special mention for nokitano. I remember the first day of TouchArcade1 when he was the first to join me up there ;)

10. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Sorry for the double post, the Concorde screenshot didn't upload :(

Attached Files:

11. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Paris<>LA in one jump and 23 minutes o_O

Attached Files:

12. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Great idea, CastlePage! Not only are there freshly-minted newbies but there are also people who simply want to play the game at a more leisurely, less competitive pace. They still seek to play "smartly," they still could benefit from the basic strategies other more advanced forum members already take for granted in terms of best planes to save up for, how to determine cities to buy, etc.

IMO, like the PF Forum, this PP Forum is the ideal place to nurture & encourage players of any level. Some may join your team & become avid players/contributors to TA1 or not but all would be grateful for your guidance.

13. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

This game isn't dead yet? That's...AWESOME! I'm back in! Had to start all over from level 24 though :(

14. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    #11634 KitFisto22, Jan 3, 2013
    With a new year brings new responsibilities. I'm already reorganizing my Tiny Tower and its inhabitants. Reorganizing my Sims for Sims Freeplay (which everyone should go install for the fun of it :p) as well. Now all I need to do is organize my fleet, parts, and hangar contents. Think I'll start taking inventory.

Curse my laziness or I would've done this faster!

Help! My iPhone says "Loading from iCloud". What does this mean and what should I do?

15. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    What did you miss? We can send you a few planes for the come back ;)

Btw where are you Teodor2004? I saw you were still doing a few jobs, but I guess it's been a long time no see here :(

16. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

I think I can manage. I played a little during the events to get planes.

I was listening to the Red October theme on loop while playing, then I saw a passenger from NY to London named J. Ryan. lolol

17. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #11637 Snowbird, Jan 3, 2013
    I updated your GC name in the spreadsheet :)

Also - I have updated my signature. The second link now points to the Strategies page in the spreadsheet, so that it can be easily updated over time.

18. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    That happened to a friend of mine. Annoying!! Here's Nimblebit's advice:
    http://support.nimblebit.com/customer/portal/articles/659652-stuck-at-%22loading-from-icloud%22

19. Geebeeweebles

Jun 22, 2012
    Question: If you move flight crews in the middle of an event do all of you contributions move to the new Flight crew or stay with the old one?!
    Thanks!

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011

you lose the jobs already done. I'm not sure they count at all btw
    It's best to wait for the end of an event to move AFTER you got your prize (if you move before, you'll lose the prize)
    Your call ;)