Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Geebeeweebles

Geebeeweebles Active Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Thanks, I found the problem with the syncing- logged on to different iCloud accounts on each device, as the iPad is a family thing. Ugh, it's a pain because I can't change it. My tiny towers synced no problem though, I wonder why this is? Anyway- sorry if I'm going a bit off topic !

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #11442 Snowbird, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    For those with dedicated bux collecting planes, what is your average bux gain per day? I am finding about 1000 bux/day on the days I have time to play. Just curious how that compares to others, debating opening a few more airports and adding more bux planes. Currently I have:

7 permanent class 3 airports
    2 temporary class 3 airports
    1 permanent class 2 (Honolulu)

and 12 bux planes, 2 stationed at each of the permanent airports, except for London/Paris which get one each to switch places when full :)

3. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    *Plane/ Bux Xmas Giveaways*

Just wondering what different people have received from nimblebit over the holidays. Currently I have received an Airvan-C, an Equinox-P, A Sequoia-M, and the rare Bobcat, and about 50 Bux, which isnt too bad, maybe tomorrow I will get a concorde, but probably not, what have you received?

4. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I believe today is the last day.

I received:
    17th Airvan-C
    18th 5 bux
    19th 10 bux
    20th 10 bux
    21st 5 bux
    22nd Bearclaw-P
    23rd 10 bux
    24th Cloudliner-M
    25th Anan-P
    26th 5 bux
    27th Kangaroo-P
    28th 10 bux
    29th Bearclaw-C
    30th 5 bux
    31st 5 bux
    1st Supergopher-C

5. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #11445 Dudley1uk, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    Anyone got a cloud liner p body and engine please? If I wait any longer for nimblebit the game will become obsolete, lol

Dudley1uk GC many thanks in advance.

6. ktc24

ktc24 Member

Dec 4, 2010

I had received a Concorde but sadly my device had a major crash and had to restore it from a backup that was before I received the Concorde. I have not had any success with iCloud sync working on my device.

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Aeroeagle or pearjet?

8. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    My haul is listed above.

9. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Anyone?

10. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Snow bird

I am doing 2000 bux a day usually

11. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #11451 Jmacjmac, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

I'm only getting about 500 a day, maybe a 1000 on weekends when I have a little more time to play. My setup is 10 airports with a Sequoia-M in each and a plane swap when I get a plane with 5 BUX jobs of one type. The pairs are LA/MEX, CHI/NY, LON/PAR, TEH/CAIRO, and SHANG/TOK. I used to use LA/NY but opened Chicago and Mexico City for the same reason your thinking about expanding, didn't notice any increase in my BUX, just a little longer to search for jobs.

12. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    anyone what?

13. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I quoted my post.

Aeroeagle or pearjet?

14. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    what are you talking about? what about them?

15. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Which one should I get?

16. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    aeroeagle

17. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Interesting I too have Chicago and Mexico City as temporary Class 3's, mostly because of the recent Chicago event. I was seeing about the same as you without those two cities as well, 500, or 1000 if I have a little more time to play.

My permanent Class 3 cities are LA, NY, London, Paris, Tehran, Shanghai, Tokyo.

18. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Hmmm I guess I could still make improvements to my game then :)

19. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    #11459 Gus172, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Working on two different bux strategy guides to post in a few days. But here is one for now. How I currently operate.

All the bux collecting planes are green $$$$.
    All airports are fully upgraded.

When the jobs refresh I always start with the green planes. They are also normally at the top of the screen. I always have time to do all the green plane's and then start moving delivery planes to there destination.

LA two Cloud liners - M and P they run to chicago just to drop bux and back to LA. When they move an orange plane covers the spot so I don't miss any bux.
    NY/CHI one cyclone M each city. Fully upgraded speed and fuel. When full they swap places.
    Istanbul. No planes

Now here is the biggy.
    Beijing, shenyang, Seoul, Tokyo and shanghai. One cyclone M fully upgraded speed and fuel in each. When one is full in this group they all move clockwise to deliver.
    I plan on opening xian shortly to increase the big bux collection.
    The other 20 cyclones are for delivering bux and doing jobs and they are orange and two are black.
    The black ones are ONLY for delivering bux and do not play world events.

My theory on this strategy is minimum airports in the middle. Istanbul is strictly a pass through airport. The only time I land there is when I collect a full cyclone of bux to land. If you collect bux as far as possible from each other it is worth more.

Hope it helps.

20. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Thank you for sharing. It's so interesting how all these different strategies come to life as we each try and figure out what works best for us. The rest of my week is busy but I'm hoping I can sit down Friday night and have a couple hours to optimize my little world of planes.

Someone (I think Aly?) asked if anyone renames their planes. I do. All my bux planes are called BUXLA, BUXNY, etc. for where they are stationed. My event Class 3 planes I recently named KKLA, KKNY, etc because of the Kringle Kruiser event, and haven't gotten around to renaming them yet. Might just leave them that way. When I fly them in, it's super fast to see what I need to reload them with to go back for more. I also color code. For me even planes are red as they are #1 priority if there is a good prize, otherwise bux planes get loaded first. My bux planes are pale colors (LA pink, NY orange, LA/Paris Yellow, Tehran Green, etc..) but I may have to change that because that was when I only had 6 pairs of cities with bux planes.