Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Here too!

2. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Hello folks!! I hope you all had a wonderful Xmas and great new year! :)
    Currently in London waiting on my flight back to Scotland after maldives. I have read about 80 pages on here to catch up! Good too see everyone doing and Sharing alike :)

I missed the KK event
    Hopefully Vic sorting me out ;)

I'm totally looking for concordes so if anyone has anything.... Pm me

I agree with the newbie this is TA thread why don't we have a TA1 thread?

All in favour say aye and ill start one.

Happy flying and let this year be better than last

Much love PT

3. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    I was wondering that myself. Not to be unfriendly to anyone in the forum, new or old, but perhaps new people would find things less confusing if there were a separate thread for TA1. Gets my vote.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #11424 vicsark, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    Hey mate, welcome back!

Nay!
    I'm not in favor of splitting the PP forum at all ;)
    We are a TouchArcade team, just a more dedicated and competitive one I guess.
    And we're happy sharing tips and all here with everybody from TA or TA1.
    Tbh almost every active PP forum member has joined TA1.

I kept you a KK, but they put KK parts at the end of my 500+ parts list and it takes forever to scroll down. So if anyone else in TA1 could send it to you, I'd be glad lol!

5. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Me too.

Congrats to all the players who got rare planes during this generous giveaway. I didn't get anything rare, what I ended up with was a Tetra-C, Bearclaw-C and P, two Birchcraft-C, two Mohawk-C, 2x40 BUX, 2x20 BUX, and the other days were 5 or 10 BUX. Since I'm trying to get BUX (at 23k and SLOWLY rising) the 40 BUX days were probably the most valuable to me, but I might put the Tetra to work on a cargo only event.

6. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    My parts list is much shorter, I'll send PT a Kruiser.

7. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Aye. While we may all be TouchArcade and TouchArcade1 players, were still all one. Though this makes me think that there should be two different threads. This thread may continue to be for the standard TouchArcade players and the TouchArcade1 will obviously be for the TouchArcade1 flight crew.

8. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    I agree that it can be a bit confusing for newbies, but they are supposed to join crew TouchArcade first. And later if they participate or read this thread, they'll find out about TA1 so... It was kind of the point to get ppl wanting to join only if they're motivated and not just lurkers I guess. But it's an open crew!

9. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012

Is there someplace I'm supposed to add you (or any other mobage players) to a friend list before gifting/sharing things?

10. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Thanks buddy, I hear you and what you say yeah we are like a sub branch of TA but after reading 80+ pages lots of peoe are confused or so I think.

I think ill be doing some major trading for Concorde here once times up :)

How was ur Xmas and new year buddy?

11. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Any other regulars who were away and missed the KK? LMK and I can send one over.

I'm all in favor of a separate TA1 thread. People can still post in both with questions or information. New people can still be free to read it and join the crew, but I think it would make things generally less confusing. When I was new I took the time to read through pages, and pages (and pages) of posts. I think that there are too many now except for the highly motivated. You have to search way back to understand the branch off.

Happy New Years to all! I hope that 2013 brings health and happiness to you and your families.

12. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    I agree with Vic about not splitting the thread. It's nice to have TA1 for those who are interested in participating, not just good at Googling. Even when I'm "not really participating" in an event such as this one, my job count is still 500 or more, 10x over the minimum. And many do even way more than that, even during bux only events.

13. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Just started the Paris event with my alt game, we are 144 playing for Toucharcade1 transporting mimes, champagne and horseguards :)

Btw, I had to "lay off" 20+ GC friends, because I had to send some parts to someone who didn't appear anymore on my friends list anymore. :mad:

You may only see 100 names highest level come first.
    I hope they'll increase that in the next updates.

I tried to discard only non playing TA1 members, but if you don't see me anymore in the leaderboards or as GC friend and are active in TA1, please add me again (GC Vic Sark) ;)

14. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    About Splitting this Thead in Two

There was some talk, a while ago, in the PF thread about beginning a new thread because it was so long (currently 2628 pages). I was concerned at the time that, when searching, people tend to go to the most recent thread. History, tactics, ideas, the zeitgeist of the group would be lost to the newcomers at best, confusion from two virtually identical threads would arise at the worst.

In the end, if I recall correctly, the sysop weighed in saying there couldn't be two threads on the same topic so that was that.

Here it seems the issue is separating the heavy-duty gamers from the newbies & dabblers (kind of like me at over 100 jobs on TA1). Although the idea might fly, depending on the NAME of the thread, it's one of those decisions where you can't be certain of the consequences & how it might ultimately affect your team.

I can definitely see why many here like the idea; it has the fun, cohesive elements of a "club." Just don't know if this would help or hurt your crew in the long run.

My 2 cents.

15. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    You can drop dantt99 if you haven't I don't have my iPod anymore :)

16. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Thanks for the KK Jmac :)
    Much appreciated

PT

17. Geebeeweebles

Geebeeweebles Active Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Hi, I haven't been active on these forums for a long time and there's thousands of posts to trawl through! I missed you guys! I've still Ben running my air line though! Two things:

1; just to catch up, what is toucharcade1 or more to the point, what is the purpose of it. I regularly participate on events- would it be a good idea for me to join that flight crew?

2: lucky me got an iPhone for Christmas and I play PP on our iPad at the moment, but my current game won't sync. It's really frustrating, the sync is enabled, but when I load the game on my iPhone it says it's getting stuff from iCloud but then just pops into the tutorial. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ways to make it work?

Thank you very much and happy new year!

18. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    FWIW, I think we should only have one TA forum thread (for all the reasons previously stated).

Could someone explain why they couldn't create GC for Android?
    Sad how we can't all friend each other and share parts.

19. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Follow the directions exactly!

http://support.nimblebit.com/customer/portal/articles/659647-icloud-syncing-help

I had the same problem several times, but these methods work, from least intrusive to most.

20. Squint17

Squint17 Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Is GC a good thing in Apple's eyes? I would say yes so anyone who agrees would be forced to buy an Apple device to participate in it, as it is Apple's property. That and I heard that Steve Jobs hated Google, and that sentiment is still likely in Apple. I don't know though if Nimblebit would be able to come up with a solution, but I imagine it would be expensive for them.