Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Tiggs2000

Tiggs2000 Member

Sep 13, 2012
    #11341 Tiggs2000, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    Its possible to get Concorde parts or a complete plane as part of the daily giveaway. Its how people were also able to get C130 Hercules parts/planes as well(no event ever for them as well).

Will happily trade anyone for their Concorde parts if they don't want it for any other rare planes.

2. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I'm trying to keep up but I don't think I have nearly as many plane slots open as everyone else :)

Added a nice cloudliner-m I got from dannt as a leaving-apple gift to increase my deliveries for this event , though now I'm trying to stay as bux-focused as possible for future fleet expansions as i dropped down to about 60 bux after spending the bux to build it :)

This is the longest I've stayed in the top 10 but i'm sure it won't last

3. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    *Game Center*

Add me on GameCenter if you havent
    Taylorpunk17

4. Squint17

Squint17 Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Hi everyone, been lurking here the last few days, recently started playing this game again.
    What I did to help with getting Concorde parts was create another 2 gamecentre IDs, one on my old iphone and one on my ipad. To get PP to stop asking for my main ID I had to relog on the new gamecenter account and remove and reinstall PP on those devices.
    Didn't take too long to get 50 jobs done with a fresh start in Europe.

As for the event on my main account, I bought some new airports to bring more jobs in, but I found it too tedious and I missed those moments where all planes are in the air and I can relax. I'm looking at you, London-Paris!

So now I'm just on my same old route, LA-NY-PAR-TEH-SEO-TOK, as I level up and start replacing those fogbusters with Sequoias and Cyclones (I'm partial to cyclones.)

So add me as a friend on GC so i don't see so many no-names on TA! (I'm gonna start adding some of you too)

GC: Squint17

5. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
  6. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Jackpot!!!

Woo! How awesome!:eek: :D:D:D:D:D

I have the airports NY, London, Paris, Tehran & Tokyo open.

I just woke up to find event going on in:

London = Elvis Convention
    Paris = New Years Celebration
    Tehran = Air Show

SUH-WEET!!! :cool:

7. Squint17

Squint17 Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Hmm, just noticed from that wiki chart that last Paris event was a Mime convention. Looking at the outfits of these bitizens it appears that some of the mimes are tremendously late.

8. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    You're absolutely right. Even if one had 3 iDevices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) each with its separate game, there's not assurance that one would get all three parts. It would give you a shot at it, but not a great one.

So let me play Devil's Advocate for a moment. Many people who built all the floors they wanted in TT, found Dream Jobbers, & got too far ahead of the game rarely play it. I use myself as an example. I pick it up now & again but not much.

If NB were to release ALL the new planes in an easy fashion, maybe someone who had completed the Airpedia would have a similar feeling: I'm done. On to the next game. OK, Devil's Advocate statement over.

Personally, tho' I've received basically low value gifts from them, I think they are trying to keep the interest in their games & trying in an inventive way. I'd prefer to think of the things I *wouldn't* have gotten if NB hadn't been especially generous with PP players.

Does that help? Even a little?

Happy New Year & may you get the Concorde (via trading or other means) that you desire.

9. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Keepin it interesting for a new year? Sometimes they released a part, a few weeks later, the full plane would come out and thats when the Mystery Boxes come out. :)

10. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Guys...we're in 3rd place. Behind the 2nd place team by almost TWENTY THOUSAND JOBS. What's going on??

11. seattleheli

Nov 28, 2012
    I am. Helicopter Flight Instructor. You can imagine how happy I was to finally receive a Sea Knight. ;)

I was an aircraft fueler at a really busy FBO and have to say - the caravan is a BITCH to fuel. I liked the Falcons a lot though. Which models did you/do you fly? The 7X is monstrous. We parked a Falcon7X next to a Falcon20 on the ramp once and it was hysterical.

Ever fly into KBFI?

-Lindsey

12. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Nice! Caravan is a pain over the wing for sure. We had a few with single point but it was always MEL'd lol.

I flew falcon 20s, Lear 35s, barons, vans, chieftains, and currently PIC on the Phenom 100/300 :)

What helicopter do you fly? I always wanted to get the rating but never had the spare money. Went up a few times though and loved it!

Never been into BFI surprisingly, im sure one of these days the richies will request it :)

13. seattleheli

Nov 28, 2012
    Phenom, eh? How ya liking JetSuite? ;) Seems like a good company actually. Unless you're one of the few non-JS Phenom flyers.

I fly the R22, R44, and have flown the S300. Primarily the R22 though. Love it. It's small, but it's incredibly nimble and you can land almost anywhere because of its small size. It's also the hardest helicopter to fly, and the challenge is what makes it fun.

Get your add-on! It's true, though, it's not cheap. :(

14. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Not jet suite, executive Airshare :) its a decent jet but it does everything for you! I miss my steam instruments haha. Heard good things about the r22, heard it's a great trainer!

15. seattleheli

Nov 28, 2012
    It's definitely great!

I suppose we should end the threadjack, but I'm surprised there's not more actual pilots on here - it's perfect in between flights! (and for you airplane guys, in-flight).

16. seattleheli

Nov 28, 2012
    Question for all -

For the Elvis Convention in London, do both the Elvises (Elvi?) and the guitars count, or only the former?

17. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Should be both

18. seattleheli

Nov 28, 2012
    Roger, thanks.

19. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    For those with 20+ planes, do you find it takes forever for the app to start up if you left it with a bunch of birds in the air which have since landed? My last two start ups took 35 and 32 seconds.

20. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I totally agree. I have 177 floors, some 134 dream-jobbers with a skill of 9 in their respective field; (still having a hard time people who want to work at the 5 new floors). I am completely comfortable w/ 1500-some bux and 60million coins. I do pick it up every day, but I definitely don't play it like I used to (24/7 like I now play PP).

It's both. Go here http://pocketplaneswiki.com/List_of_Events to look up any PP event to see if it's a people/cargo event, just people, or just cargo. Very helpful, indeed.