Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    ifwhalescouldfly is sending me KKs...I don't why; i can't remember if we've ever spoken here!! So I kinda feel your pain.

2. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    As someone already said, it's range/speed plus the novelty of what it was in real life, a supersonic civilian airline basically.

3. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Remove her/him from your GC list. Problem solved.

4. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Can you unfriend them to stop them?

5. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Hey there! Did you get to play for a Kringle Kruiser, or do you need one? LMK, I can send one over if you missed out.

Thanks for compiling that post, guys! As soon as I can figure it out, I'll add it to my signature. The brain's slow this morning. ;)

6. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    wow...a supersonic civilian airline? So...is this like the fastest jet a civilian can ride in?

7. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Short of paying for a ride in an old military fighter, yes. Sadly though the concorde was retired a few years back so it's just a museum piece now :-(

8. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    I have never flown a plane due to the fact i am 14, but I have been on a cloudliner many times (Boeing 747-400) and the cyclone many times as well (Airbus A340-600). The Fogbuster (Airbus A330-200) is an aircraft I have never been on.

9. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I'm doing surprisingly well in this event even though its early.. I expected more people to participate which means more competition. It may be just a Concorde part but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Currently running:

2 Clouliners
    1 Kringle Kruiser
    5 Sea Knights
    4 Hueys

I have no plan but to do u-turn from the starting point - Paris - orginak starting point.

10. zekeamf

zekeamf Active Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I just don't have that name in my friend list.

They seem to have stopped for now anyway.

11. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Why Hueys instead of Roos? Just curious. And why class 1 planes?

I like it when the global event is a red city in the middle of the map. I switch to all my Class 3 planes, then I just drop off both bux jobs and event jobs, then distribute the bux jobs to their respective cities with the 25% bonus.

Wish the prize was the full Concorde though.

12. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    This.

I remember once seeing the Concorde fly overhead when I was a kid. Was so excited.

13. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Starship controls. But no problem either way

14. jamesfish30

jamesfish30 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Wow, this afternoon I have broken my records twice with two four seater planes, I first came up with a 6hr 19m flight, and then I came up with a 5hr 40m flight.

15. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Already got enough jobs for my concorde part. Now to figure out how we'll get the rest of the parts in the future :)

16. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Also, anyone know whether the achievements bug that counts only passengers has been fixed? I want to tackle the Barrow achievement and get it all over and done with.

I've also noticed that there seem to be more bux jobs for Class 1 cities, particularly if they are far flung e.g. Nome. Anyone else notice this?

17. jamesfish30

jamesfish30 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I have seen Concorde a few times in years gone by, as it was beginning to head towards Heathrow, from around the Gatwick area. I have lived only about 3 miles away from Gatwick all my life, I often can sit up in bed in the mornings, and see about 2-3 jumbos landing from my bedroom window. Sometimes it's more than that.

18. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Parts and Planes and Concorde stuff

LOL - wish someone would send me dozens of parts

I can scrap them for coins pretty quickly :)

hehe

No one answered, is the event award a random part or everyone gets the same single part? I'm guessing the latter.

So unless the next 2 global events are the other Concorde parts this is pretty much a wait and see how long before you ever see the other parts?

19. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    *all I want for New Years is the other 2 concorde parts* --- Come on' nimblebit I don't need any more Bearclaw-P's!

20. Hirusan

Hirusan Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Photographer
    Japan
    I see TIMO on the top 40. First time I've cracked it with TA1. I'm jasohill on it.