Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nice read.
    I don't remember exactly when I started the all Bux strategy (only Bux and events layovers).
    I could find out in the forum I guess.
    Was a bit late I think around lvl 35/40 and about 30 plane slots.
    Should have done it sooner.

The thing is at some point, you'll notice you're raking in coins faster, and that coins are not a problem anymore.
    You'll have all your class 3 airports upgraded, about 25 plane slots and good planes.
    Then it will be the time to focus on Bux and less and less on coins.

Early in the game, I'd advise to have a dual focus on coins (get the 25% bonus) and Bux (take it when you see it approach).
    don't spend too much Bux on plane upgrades or plane parts (focus on Kangaroos and Aeroeagles).
    Do some Bux exchange (I did 1000 and 5000) to get more plane slots.
    Then the game changer is on lvl 22 when you get Sequoias.
    around level 30/35, you should be swimming in coins with a fleet of them.
    Then it's time to take a more aggressive stand on Bux chasing with Bux sitters with the objective of doing a bulk exchange (I did 25k and 50k).
    Because of the exchange formula, Bux is infinitely more valuable than coins as you mentioned it.
    On the trade value of my last exchange (50k Bux) a single LA-Tokyo job of 9 Bux was worth more than 225 000 coins!
    As the price of plane slots also increases exponentially, it's the only way to buy them after the first 30 sthg.
    VoilĂ  ;)

2. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Hello all,

I just sent a plane from London to Paris full of Paris bux jobs and just got the value of the bux. No 25% bonus. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a bonus on bux jobs?

Thanks

3. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    You should still get the bonus

4. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    #11204 ltbaxter, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    You get a bonus on bux jobs, but paid in cash. The bux are valued at 500 gold for this purpose. So if you deliver 4 bux, your 25% bonus doesn't get you one extra bux, but 500 coins instead.
    [Edit: Nope. NomadRichie, below, was correct. I give more detail elsewhere. ]

5. NomadRichie

NomadRichie New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    My understanding is that the bonus for BUX jobs comes as coins, based on the coin value for that job (i.e., what it would have paid if it was a coin job instead of a bux job, jobs seem to remember their origin, an likely recompute their payout value on use, so the game knows what it would have paid for the job as a coin job).

6. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Good feedback Vic, thanks!

I've noticed a few times that coins didn't seem to be a problem, until I looked at the price of the next plane slot. I can see why earlier is better, but only if and when you have a good solid fleet and plenty of cash.

* The class 3 cities with upgrades are important, as you need the extra job for extra Bux's while parked there. You also need the layovers for twin hub swapping.
    * Somewhere near 25 plane slots sounds about right. Doing a 5000 bux cash in (which I now think I am targeting) will get you slots 23-25 way faster than coin runs.
    * I agree that even early in the game you take bux whenever you see them, as they're needed to build up a good fleet.
    * Like you I love the Kangas and Aeros early on. I have tended to upgrade them just because they're going to be around for ages, and upgrading them is cheap.
    * I'm sitting right where you said - full fleet of Seq/Aero/Kanga and no problems with either cash or bux (unless I wanted upgraded Cloudliners, which I don't) So I'm going to start experimenting more with various bux strategies. To avoid complete boredom I'll need some kind of hybrid action - plus some days I'm on constantly while other days very sporadic.

In addition to my main device/account (iPhone) I'm also playing a fresh game on my new Mac Mini :) On the Mini I started in Central America and was laughing hard to find out minutes later that new event was in San Jose! There I'm lvl 12 and almost all traffic with my puny fleet runs thru San Jose.

7. dandtpaul

dandtpaul Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Can you do two events at once?

How can I do the SJ and the Xian event at the same time?

8. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I have 22 planes and started doing the bux laundering around 20 planes. I don't do it on a high scale yet. I'm still needing to chase the coins.

9. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    #11209 alyssacroacia, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    uh....forget that last thing.

so....hey pplz :)

add me on GC if you haven't already!

THE MORE, THE MERRIER

10. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Open San Jose. Open Xi'an. Run San Jose jobs to San Jose and Xi'an jobs to Xi'an. It's as simple as that!

I get bored running just the global event, so I'll usually do the smaller events at the same time if they're conveniently located. Since I had a bunch of class 1 planes already hopping around the Western Hemisphere for the San Jose event, it was easy to divert flights to Dallas, Toronto, and St. Louis for their local events.

11. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Also, the Easter Island achievement can be done with this one. It's just a hop away from Lima...

12. dandtpaul

dandtpaul Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Are the smaller events blue? It doesn't seem to update.

13. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    No, jobs for smaller events don't show up in blue. Only the global event jobs come up in blue.

14. JuniorFahly

JuniorFahly New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Anyone have a spare plane sitting around in their hangar they can give me? My little brother screwed up my game by deleting some things and it frustrated me. If you can that would be great! If not then I might have to restart haha

GC: JuniorFahly

15. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Hey add me on GC alyssacroacia and I'll get some planes to you. Send me a PM to tell me which ones you need! :)

16. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nothing like having 11 of 18 planes grounded thanks to a tropical storm.

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    So frustrated with these gifts! My last 3 :

Navigator
    Bearclaw
    Supergopher

18. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You all were right. It's much better seeing where you are and who's around you.

GC: tfrichards92

19. dandtpaul

dandtpaul Member

Dec 20, 2012
    How do you know what the prize is and how many jobs you've done? I see the global event status under flight crew but I don't know where to find the stats/prize list for the smaller events.

20. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    Unlucky, I have had so far about 60 bux in total, a bobcat, a sequoia-m but also a airvan, some people have received concordes!