Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Sequioa

Hold on...to me, it would seem that using an M plane would allow one to more quickly gather bux since some are people & some are cargo.

It seems to me that using a P plane, for example, would take much longer because you'd have to wait even LONGER to get 10 PEOPLE instead of 5 People and 5 cargo.

Am I wrong?

2. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    17 people, and yes it does take a little bit longer, but the trade off is not having to have already filled the plane with people and wait for green cargo jobs while still seeing green people jobs that you can't load. But, in this continuous loop method, you are never emptying the plane when it gets to the next city in the loop. You maybe only have to fill it back up with 5 or so before sending it on to the next city.

3. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    how much money has everyone spent on this so far?

4. Adsbol

Adsbol New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    student
    Denmark
    Do you think there going to be a new year global event.

if yes where????

if no why???

5. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    NB just gave me a cloudliner! Yay! (I'm only level 4)

What's the best strategy for getting more planes? I only have the three or four that you start out with, and three in the hangar. I'm really new and a little lost.

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    ok, that makes sense then to use Cloudliners P/C.
    They are not Bux sitters per se, they're a mix of Bux transports and Bux sitters.
    I like this loop idea and the fact that you're acknowledging we don't need 25% bonus planes and a layovers setup past a certain point (I still use layovers only for Bux jobs and global event jobs).
    you basically turned Pocket Planes into Pocket Train (in the sense of the loop train circuit of my 2yr old lol) ;)

7. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Ooops I missed this one. Thks Sdo62 for the info!!!
    Is evthg ok now?

It makes sense each data is capped from a programing standpoint I guess.

So, the Bux hoarding strategy has a limit (65k) which translates into a little more than 2 billion coins when exchanged.
    This means nobody will ever get more than 70/80 plane slots as the plane slot price is getting higher and the Bux exchange for coins is capped.
    Slot 61 price is at more than 250 millions already. 71 more than 500m and slot 80 at 830m.

I'm even more pleased to have done my 50k Bux exchange that got me to 54 slots :)

8. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    Oh yeah, good point. It IS like a train now. Really the only reason I decided to start doing a loop is because a couple of times I forgot to drop off a few BUX jobs at a transfer city and took them all the way across the world before realizing and taking them back. I decided it would just be easier to always go in the same direction so eventually the job will get to where it needs to go regardless of if I remember it is there or not.

9. Adsbol

Adsbol New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    student
    Denmark
    Do you think there is going to be a special new year global event?

if yes, where??

if no, why??

10. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    lol, same here, My brain froze in awe!

11. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Jumping threads, eh, BW27?

Lots of people in this thread have excellent ideas & can help you. I began playing PP while reading the last 200-300 messages & taking notes. Great help.

All I can contribute is my strategy for getting more planes was time, patience, & ESPECIALLY, initially, reading others' ideas re which planes are worth saving up for & which to skip plus strategy for purchase of cities.

I cede the floor to others way more experienced than me. This is merely my "2 cents" in a world awash in "bux."

12. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

Time and Patience both very good advice, for anyone in the early stages of building their PP airline. I speak as someone who had little of either but learned from his mistakes :) much better to get it right first up though than have to rework as I did.

13. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Yes
    Australia or New York
    Prize : A Concorde because of good game reviews.

14. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Just wondering, I have a cloudliner-P from Nimblebit even though I'm not at the level to be able to buy it.

Its a bit hard to fill but i feel obligated to use it since i paid so much just to activate it.

Just wondering, could the cloudliner-p make it from new york to tehran with no stops if i upgraded the range on it? my current path for aeroeagles and pearjets is new york >> London >> tehran >> shanghai but if i can cut out the middle man by upgrading i might consider it.

15. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    No, it won't reach Tehran. Farthest east it will reach from NYC is Cairo or Istanbul (or even Moscow if you want to go that far North).

16. figment

figment Active Member

May 8, 2012
    #11176 figment, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Same here,

The absolute "most profitable flight" the way the game considers it for the stats page, is a fully weight upgraded Cloudliner filled with Tokyo jobs from Nome. Stop in Seoul. Then hop Seoul to Tokyo. Seoul Tokyo is $49,154 profit.

Or fly em over to Seoul in Sequias (cheaper) and fill your Cloudliner there.

17. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Nope - you'll still need to stop at London on the way.

18. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    In the later levels, with Cloudliners and range upgraded Cyclones, Istanbul is my favorite.
    You can do NY-Istanbul-Seoul in a straight line.
    It feels great feeling a Cyclone in NY and send it to Seoul in one hop!
    Many other asian red cities are reachable.
    And Rio/Sao Paulo are one hop away from Istanbul/Cairo too.

Tehran is good mostly if you want to go to Tokyo.
    Never had Moscow, as it's kind if a dead end in the game.

19. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    Here is what that looks like...

Attached Files:

20. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    It looks like a flock of birds! :)