Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    But all three of those had different events, while San Jose had Dino Theme Park on both occasions.

2. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    I'm kinda disappointed in my effort for this event. Despite having roughly 34 planes (300+ jobs slots) working on this event, I only ended up with around 2100 jobs. I've completed more jobs on previous events with fewer planes!

I suspect it is because most of my planes get stuck in Chicago while I wait to fill them up with a 25% bonus before sending them back out to another city. More planes in the airport, fewer jobs to go around, and planes are on the ground for longer! The 25% bonus is a habit I just need to learn to let go of...

3. wretched281

wretched281 New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    USA
    #11083 wretched281, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    oops. i posted my parts request in the right thread now.

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I just got my KK as well.

I've updated the spreadsheet for San Jose. Unfortunately I missed getting a screencap before the event ended so I don't have global stats.

5. figment

figment Active Member

May 8, 2012
    I bought bux in both Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes. Whenever I play a free game that turns out great, I always make an in app purchase. I want the good developers to make money so they keep developing.

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I have the same problem, find it hard to fly without a fully loaded 25% bonus. I had 24 planes running (although 12 on bux jobs, so only 12 dedicated to Chicago), and the first two days I reloaded them all back. Yesterday I decided to send planes back partially filled or empty to try and up my jobs and I ended up losing about 150,000 coins lol. My total jobs was 2380 I think.

7. figment

figment Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Anyone need Kringle Parts? I have 7 extra controls and 3 extra bodies. Misfit parts looking for a good home (no trade needed).

8. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I've got 6 kringle kruisers on the San Jose gig. Will be slowplaying this one to experiment with my main routes :)

9. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Nice job Slightly North! My goal was top 5 and it was a lot of fun (and a lot of work) to finally finish 4th. Was a close run thing!

I collected a total of 63 mystery parts (19 body, 19 engine, 25 control) during the event. My parts list REALLY needs trimming now.

10. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nice job count guys :)
    That was a 10k possible event, you were not that far!

My game crashed after a gift and I did not get my last standing nor TA1 rank :(
    did we finish third? I was at about 3k jobs I guess and got 40 MP. KK is in my hangar.

I thought I could sneak out and play a little bit but couldn't at all in the last 48 hours so I still have dozens of planes half full of Chicago jobs everywhere lol what a mess!
    and it's so worse with 50 class 3 planes o_O

I did send a few planes on my other game today though, we were 140 in TA1 crew! That's a new high :)

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yep, more planes means a big bottleneck in the event red city.
    If you want to achieve more jobs, you got to send some planes half empty or worse to the nearest cities.
    I had dedicated paired Cloudliners P/C in Ny and LA and paired Cyclones in Mexico. I did send them back immediately from Chicago with whatever jobs I found there.
    The Cyclones and Sequoias M were doing all the other farthest destinations. I waited for the 25% bonus for them. Sometimes I had one taking jobs for each of the other 8 cities I had and more waiting.

I'm pretty sure we will finish doing round trips with Cloudliners too at some point ;)

12. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    REALLY REALLY need a kruiser engine. although i'm sure everyone else needs it too.

13. Mxboyles

Mxboyles Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I've got a spare engine, add me on gc (mxboyles) and ill send it through :)

14. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Any Androids not seeing blue jobs to San Jose?

15. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I think this event doesn't work because android doesn't have the Kringle Kruiser
    Edit : disregard ,wrong event.

16. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    o_0

Darn, wish I had set up my android to play before hand ;(

17. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    Yeah, but the current event isn't even working on android right now

18. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Hey did you receive the planes I sent? Sent 3 in total, first time trying so hoping it worked!

19. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    Yes, I did. Thanks a ton! Are you having the samr issue with this current event?

20. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    If you still have a spare kringle control, I'd like to have one please :)

Vic, before I went to bed, you were at #12 with 3k+ jobs. I rmb #13 was still in the 2k+ range and thinking we'll never catch up with you (I was at #14). TA1 was in 3rd place with quite a big margin betw TA1 and #2.

I think the top 10 in the leaderboard did a marvelous job. That advertising agency is not doing its job at all. This morning when I was clearing up the layovers, there are more chicago jobs generated without advertising (more than one areoeagle) than when I had advertising (sometimes a mere 3 jobs, not even enough to fill a KK).