Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I have....how lame is that? That, of course, was WAAAAAAAAAY before I found this forum. *sigh* money wasted....

(In other news, I'm doing quite wonderfully in Tiny Tower; no real $ needed!)

2. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I liked Pearjets and got a bunch of them at lvl 1x. But since I got sequoias, I've ditched Pearjets for sequoias. I like the speed of pearjet, but the cost of flying it is terribly high.

The reason why we adore sequoias is because amongst the big planes (class 3), it has the lowest cost of flying. In general, we try to aim for the 25% bonus. However, when we go for the bux strategy, a bux plane is sitting there collecting bux jobs for all sorts of cities, so it's extremely unlikely to get 25% bonus when you eventually fly it somewhere.

Let's say you fill up a sequoia with London, New York and LA jobs, originating in Tokyo. The profit is going to be much less than if you fill it with LA jobs (i.e. 25% bonus), but there's still some profit. If you do the same with say a pearjet or cloudliner, you may end up with very little or even negative profit. In fact, you will still run a negative profit flying a cloudliner from New York to Chicago with 6 or 7 Chicago jobs -- it is that expensive.

I suggest you decide on which airports that you want to keep on a semi permanent basis and close down the rest. My airports are fairly spaced out so that wherever the global event is, I have a good chance of reaching it. I have 9 permanent class 3 airports that have at least 1-3 planes each sitting there collecting bux jobs. This means that at each job refresh cycle, I only need to check 9 planes for bux jobs and not all 46 planes that I have.

It took me several tries (lasting several global events) to settle to my current strategy. Now I can take the global events more or less in stride. Jiayou !

This event is extremely competitive. :p

WOW! 7k+ jobs is impressive considering that the lousy advertising.

LOL ! You've certainly worked very hard given that you have 11 planes. Well done !

3. callme_jc

callme_jc Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Never on Tiny Tower, but I previously bought Pocket Planes bux to show my token appreciation for a bug fix.

4. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I was hoping to get 10k jobs on this one (and no_kitano's rush to try to take 1st place from me really kicked my efforts up), but it just isn't going to happen. 30 minutes left and I would still have to deliver 500 jobs. Oh well.

5. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    #11045 RLangley91, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    Not too bad for me (having done over 750 jobs). Just a bit peeved that I only got 5 Mystery Parts during the event - none of which were bodies. :/

As for Alyssa's question - nope, never paid for Bux for either this or Tiny Tower. (That might be because I'm Scottish - and therefore tight with money.)

6. Standardization

Standardization Active Member

Aug 30, 2012
    United States
    #11046 Standardization, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    I know how you feel... :(
    EDIT: Whoops, I posted this without explaining
    The last two mystery boxes I got were bodies. I only received controls and engines until today.

Attached Files:

7. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

do you need KK parts? private message me if you do!

8. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    send me a private message if you need KK parts...

9. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Been offline a few days due to no data connection, Dantt99 I sent you a few things :)

As for the prize button issue it still exists, in a few minutes we shall find out if we get hosed on this event or not.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas!

10. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Snowbird, so what was in the mystery box you got for Christmas? We're still in suspense here!

11. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    new event

Dino Theme Park in San Jose!

12. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    You run too fast for me, North :)

13. Standardization

Standardization Active Member

Aug 30, 2012
    United States
    Dino Theme Park in San Jose...
    Didn't we already have this same exact event back in June? I vaguely remember it being the first global event I participated in.

14. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    It was late June, but yeah. And that one had better BUX awards.

15. thecyberprince

Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks. I have since trimmed down my airports to 14 from 24. Decided to hold off till 22 for the Sequoias and for the interim purchased a few more AeroEagles to fill in my 14 plane slots. It's working out getting paid around 7-9K per job from LA/NY to Manila/Beijing/Shanghai/Tokyo. Which isn't much but I guess at Level 19 is good enough.

Am just curious prior this I got a wave of BUX passengers that paid 7-9 BUX per person, so much so that today I grew my BUX to 600 easily. It seems however that after reducing my airports and going for longer flights, I don't see these BUX passengers anymore. Did I do something wrong? Or am I just not taking that many flights (I used to have plenty of Birchcraft planes flying minor routes - but it was time consuming and tedious) so I don't see them anymore?

16. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    ok, I'm doing NY to San Jose. Should I send my class 1 planes on a roundtrip journey?

17. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I fell from 14th to 17th overnight! And totally slept in today because "Santa" was up way too late the night before getting things ready for the little one :) Yesterday was fun but man was I tired. Not even coffee helped lol.

I managed 40 mystery parts with 2380 jobs. Not bad considering I didn't get to play nearly as much as I wanted to. :)

Here is my Holiday Cloudliner to add to the collection of Mystery Part planes :)

Attached Files:

18. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I spent like a minute zooming in looking for a level 1 airport near san francisco :)

Anyway, now i have to figure out how to do this one, I've got a Sea Knight and 1 (soon to be 2) Kringle Kruisers out and thats all that can fly to San Jose!

It would have been much easier in california :)

19. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Apparently.... it's still in transit! What was supposed to be in the box didn't make it in time for Christmas, so I too am in suspense.

I'm hoping for a KK body because even without the engine or controls I could at least take the body out and ride it like a sled. :D

20. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I don't think it's money wasted. Consider it a thank you to the developers that made something you enjoy so much :)