Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

huh? who? what? if you had a mystery box right now, wouldn't it be a KK since that's what the event prize is?

2. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    That's going to cut down on some time. Thanks for the tip.

3. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Top 5 crew leaderboard stats at 1am UTC 26/12/12 (19 hours left)

Crew: TOUCHARCADE
    Jobs: 588,245
    Players: 6,250
    Jobs/Player: 94.12

Crew: NIMBLEWIKI
    Jobs: 123,785
    Players: 1,040
    Jobs/Player: 119.02

Crew: TOUCHARCADE1
    Jobs: 117,169
    Players: 137
    Jobs/Player: 855.25

Crew: JAYISGAMES
    Jobs: 96,175
    Players: 600
    Jobs/Player: 160.29

Crew: POLYGON
    Jobs: 55,378
    Players: 550
    Jobs/Player: 100.69

Jayisgames have fallen back and it's now Nimblewiki holding off TA1 for second place. The jobs per player is a very telling statistic though. Go TA1!

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Who knows... maybe there is a KK part in there... take a look see what you think? :)
    (see attachment)

Attached Files:

• mp.jpg
      mp.jpg
      File size:
      419.4 KB
      Views:
  5. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Just noticed Android hasn't updated to add KK. How will we get it? Lol

6. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    #10986 bgrim2day, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    I can send you some parts if you like.

Never mind. It just clicked that you're on android. I can't help you out. Maybe someone will chime in and be able to help.

7. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks for offering. Hopefully Mobage figures it out.

8. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

I hadn't seen that picture!!! Somebody actually sent you a REAL mystery box?! What? How is that possible?! Like, can you buy them at stores? I'm so confused....! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

9. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Merry Christmas, all. If anyone wants any KK parts, please let me know and I will send them your way - I have entirely too many from this event!

10. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    finito

Alright, y'all...I'm hangin' up my hat and putting down my iPod. Finally closing Chicago after:

- 2,338 jobs
    - #3 in crew (had a tough battle with #4 who will overtake me soon)
    - 11 planes working around the clock

WHEW! I'm DONE!

*tosses iPod on bed and throws up deuces*

11. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Woohoo! New PB! Just passed my previous best of 5,105 in the last San Diego event.

Now to see if I can claw back enough ground to finish top 5.

12. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    Nice job!

On a side note, I'm level 12 on my new game and should be back to competing in global events in a week or 2.

Cheers

13. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    My suggestion is maybe you can try to open Tehran, and later one of the airports in Asia (Tokyo, shanghai, seoul, etc. Take your pick). I have Tokyo as my permanent airport; I think Vic Sark picked Shanghai or Seoul. Anyway, Tokyo-Tehran and Chicago - London is about the max distance for sequoia with no upgrades. Have fun loading up say Tokyo jobs in Chicago and watch how much money you can make per trip :D;)

I will send you a bunch of airvan and other parts (thanks to Nimblebit's random gifts) that you can sell them for coins :p I will also send you a sequoia-M to fly (not sell). I hope the parts sale will help you towards buying Tehran ... after that, money should come in faster to buy say Tokyo. For a longish distance, you can try flying LA-NY-London-Tehran-Tokyo (I think 14,xxx coins per trip on Sequoia inclusive of 25% bonus).

When you are quite established in your long distance route and coins are not so tight, you can consider upgrading your class 3 airports. BTW, I have only class 3 airports on a permanent basis. I open class 1 and 2 airports if the global event require them, and close them after the event. Upgrading airport increases the number of jobs generated so that it takes a shorter time to fill up the plane for the 25% bonus.

Cyclones are the faster version (speed wise) of sequoias. Sequoia-M is 5 cargo/5 passenger while Cyclone-M is 6 cargo/6 passenger. Cyclone is faster and therefore more expensive to fly. I invested in a fleet of sequoia-M until I saved up to 25,000 bux. I exchanged 25k bux for 325m coins, expanded my plane slots and have swapped half of my sequoia-Ms for cyclone-Ms. (I totally skipped Tetra).

Update: OK, I've sent you the plane parts. Last plane sent is the sequoia-M. Sorry for crashing your PP .... one crash per part received :)p to Nimblebit). Hope to hear your expansion into Asia soon :D

14. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oh snowbird, such a sweet present. Yes, we're ALL envious. What's in the mystery box? Don't keep us in suspense :D:):D

15. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Excellent! :)

16. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    WOWZA! :eek:

First of all, thank you for the tips!! I'm utilizing them as we speak (even though I said I'd put down the dang game) :p

So, I got all that. Thank you. But how on earth do you save up 25k bux?! I take it I was extremely stupid when I spent real money on this game? :confused: What level are you? I'm nearing 24 now. I've never worked so hard on a global event since I got this game!!! And I'm not interested in planes; why is this game so darn addicting?!

ANYWAY - Man, I'm afraid of giving up hard-earned bux for some coins. But, I'm going to take your advice, save up 25k, (OY!!!!), exchange them, then buy more slots and sell my Sequioas for Cyclones. (that means I need enough bux to buy them!!)

1. how many slots do you have?
    2. how many bux did you have after the great exchange?

17. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Wow, thank you! I got everything except the Sequoia-M. Maybe it's late...since the game crashed like 10 times! lol

18. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    castlepage

I'm looking at my map...the Sequoia's range from London goes far beyond Tehran....why did you recommend Tehran and not Delhi?

19. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    More of a straight line?

Go for Delhi if you want, nothing wrong with that. Then keep heading sxpanding in that imaginary line. If you end up with Tokyo and LA you'll be seeing jobs worth 9 bux. Just keep sending your planes from one to the other and you'll soon rack up the coins and bux.

20. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    With Tehran you can also use Aeroeagles from London which is a very good class 2 plane that I refuse to take away from my fleet.