Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Yeah I have to agree with Chewbacca here. When I saw your request to Faye it came off as incredibly tacky. We're all here to help each other, but not be taken advantage of.

What's done is done and the best advice I can give you is what I (and others) have already said. Play hard, and earn your way up, rather than asking for handouts.

A footnote for not just you alyssacroacia, but all of us:
    Looking to make fair trades? This is the official PP trades thread.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=139281&page=397

2. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    On a brighter note, something I've been working on for a long time now... I've finally filled a cloudliner with Mystery Parts! With a Santa pilot and holiday paint job, of course :)

I took a screencap, but am off to another family (dys)function so I'll have to figure out how to post it later. I too am not seeing the link to attach images in the TA app. May have to do it the old fashion way on the computer later.

Happy Holidays everyone! :)

3. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I sent you over an engine so you can build one right away for Christmas. Lmk at the end if you need balancing out.

I have both London and Paris. I have London fully uploaded and use it to collect bux. I could probably let go of Paris at this point, but I like to use it to launder bux with London.

4. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    If you can only open one, I say go for London, but try to open both eventually, as then you can park a Seq in each place and start hoarding BUX. When one of the planes get full of BUX, just swap the planes and drop off the layovers for later delivery.

5. sdo62

sdo62 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    IMPORTANT WARNING RE BUX EXCHANGE!!!!
    =================================
    I just tried to do an exchange of 75000 bux and noticed there was some sort of limit around the 65000 bux mark where the exchange rate started going down again and the total coins to be gotten stayed the same. I exchanged at the maximum coins of around 2,147,000,000 and together with the coins I already had (around 17 million, I think) that, too, must have hit some sort of limit and I ended up with ZERO coins and 65000 less bux!!!

Currently trying to work out how to restore my game from my iTunes back up ... just thought I should post a warning in case anyone else was looking at doing a large bux exchange.

6. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    On no!! Thanks so much for the heads up. Try contacting Nimblebit too for help maybe?

7. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    EEK!!! I hope it gets sorted out for you! Thanks for the warning.

8. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Just wanna say a few things:

1. THE FAYE/CLOUDLINER/TACKY BEGGING issue is OVER AND DONE WITH! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! :mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:

2. Thanks for your input, but like I said, I decided to open London instead of Paris.

3. Merry Christmas, all. I'm getting OFF THE COMPUTER!

:)

9. Standardization

Standardization Active Member

Aug 30, 2012
    United States
    #10929 Standardization, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    :eek:
    You should definitely shoot Nimblebit an email at their support site!

I guess that sort of makes sense, since 2,147,483,647 is the max integer for 32-bit. Using the BUX conversion rate, I did the math and found that trading over 65,037 BUX will bring you over that amount (assuming you have 0 coins).

10. sdo62

sdo62 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    OK, have successfully restored to an iTunes backup from a few days ago so now have 71000 bux and 16 million coins again (lost all my KK parts - but plenty of time to get more - and a few days progress in Tiny Tower and Pocket Frogs as well, but that will teach me to do a backup beforehand next time, I hope). Will now carefully reconsider how many bux to exchange and try and figure out what the maximum coins allowed might be (I'm thinking 2,000,000,000 might be safe) - what is the maximum bux anyone has changed / coins anyone has reached ???

PS Please don't send me KK parts, I'm sure I'll build up an abundant supply again over the next few days (although I probably wouldn't say no to a Mapple part or two ;) )

11. sdo62

sdo62 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Yes, as an ex-programmer (from a long time ago), I was thinking it was probably something like that.

12. Standardization

Standardization Active Member

Aug 30, 2012
    United States
    That was the first thing that came to my head when you said 2,147,000,000 and 65,000. ;)

13. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #10933 CastlePage, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    You want to save bux to buy sequoias for your long haul flights. I have my permanent cities in LA, NY, London/Paris (my twin center hubs), Tokyo, Lima Kinshasa and Jakarta. This way, wherever the global event happens I have an airport relatively nearby. My permanent airports are upgraded to lvl 3. Other people have opened permanent airports in places.

A word of advice ... you must have heard us talking about bux exchange. One bux is worth a lot when you exchange a large amount (check out the bux calculator in the spreadsheet). But until you are able to amass a sufficient large fleet to apply the bux strategies, you need to be prudent about which city to open and what planes to buy/upgrade. My recommendation is that you invest in sequoias (don't need to upgrade them as of yet) because they are the cheapest to fly long distance. Have some patience to fill them to earn the 25% bonus (which is quite a lot for long distance). I think most if not all of us work our way up with sequoias roughly this way (details probably vary).

LOL cloudliner is very ex. The cost to buy is even worse. But your cloudliner was really well done along with all the little santas. Very pretty pic. :D

Many thanks for your warning. I'm so happy to hear that you managed to get your game restored back. :) Just to confirm, all things are well now PP-wise?

14. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    This advertising agency in Chicago needs to be fired.

15. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Totally agree. LOL do you think Nimblebit will take action if we complain to them? Afterall they were the ones who recruit the employees ....

16. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Hi everyone :) merry christmas to all!! Anyway, TA1 crew has really grown a lot, i must say. Was climbing up from the bottom after starting the event a day late, and there are more than a hundred people in the crew! There were lots of blank names though. So if you haven't added your GC to the TA1 spreadsheet or added everyone on the list, please do so, so that we can put a name to the numbers on the leaderboards :)

I've been receiving random parts and bux daily from nimblebit, no concorde/hercules in sight at the moment. To those who've received the rarest planes in PP, congrats ;) you must have been really good guys/gals this year for nimblesanta to send you those gifts ;)

Cheers to all :)

17. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Merry Christmas everybody

And, advertising department, you're fired.

18. Adsbol

Adsbol New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    student
    Denmark
    Do you still only need to complete 5 jobs to get the prize or is it 50 now :D

19. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    50. .

20. Adsbol

Adsbol New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    student
    Denmark
    Fuuuck it's going to take a little bit more time then expected :)