Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Most of those in the TA flight crew only do the minimum 50 jobs, then call it a day and wait for their prize to come. (Well, that's my theory anyway.)

2. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Wait. You have 300 bux that you could be cashing in for coins, but asked Faye to send you more schwanky parts to liquidate instead? :mad: That's mad tacky.

And you're still TA and not helping the TA1 crew?

3. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    So *This* is how "Santa" does it!!!

So I've fallen out of the top 10, to which, I probably won't recover (As has been the trend the last couple of challenges)

So now its time to have fun with it :)

Santabit gave me a Cloudliner-P for Pre-Christmas (*crosses fingers for a C-130 or Concorde*...) - So I decked it in holiday colors (As I will do for any other gift I receive this holiday) and loaded it up with Santas!

Though, the fee just to put it in the sky nearly bankrupted me. Felt like a devious gift that way :)

Attached Files:

4. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Yeah that's not cool...

And a word of warning, if you switch to TA1 now, you will lose all of the global event jobs you've done so far.

5. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    3wapp...that made me smile. I love it! The little pleasures in life.

6. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

Wow, my bad, chewy. Calm down. I'm a n00b, remember? Sheesh.

YES, I am in the TA flightcrew. Umm, if you recall, the name of this forum is Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade!!!

And that's precisely what I did. What's wrong with that?

Don't worry, green_paper, I have no intentions of switching flight crews. Are you kidding me?! I'm #9!

7. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't consider level 23 newbie status. Besides, rude is just rude. Newbie or not.

8. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

I agree. Rude is just rude.

9. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    I've got a Kringle Kruiser and some parts. Does anyone need anything?

10. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

Hey guys were all on the same team here, ultimately. Sure there's a rivalry between TA and TA1 but within reason. This is a game, sure it's a major game game and gives us all a nice release but seems to be a bit too much anger here. Asking for a cloudliner to scrap is wrong but it ain't worth going overboard about. Lets all remember why we're here, for a shared love of the game and enjoy it, TA or TA1. A now with my preaching over and expecting somebody to shoot me down I will just offer all the Touch arcade family holiday greetings and retire to a glass of the Christmas spirit. :D

11. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    Faye had already generously given her a cloudliner to scrap. Asking for another when she has over 300 bux she could have cashed in is just shenanigans. You're right though, it is just a game. TA and TA1 are both awesome. My original comment was referring to the fact that she was asking for more parts and she wasn't even on our team. All are welcome though, so...I'll just mind my business.

Have a glass for me too, sir! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.

12. sir_robert_72

#10912 sir_robert_72, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    Hey Chewbacca you are entitled to you're opinions on here, as I hope we all are, I just wanted us to remember why we were here in the first place, enjoy the game and indeed enjoy the TA v TA 1 competition, but most of all enjoy the game for what it is. I should say for what it's worth If
    somebody wanted to scrap on of my hard earned cloudliner a Iwould not be a happy camper but best thing is to say no move on and enjoy this game. I have never been a gamer but have been draw in by these little planes as obviously have many other guys, and girls, out there. Shame to spoil the fun. :D

13. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I agree, sir robert. So I made a mistake. My bad!

So, I'm ready to expand a bit. Should I open London, or Paris? Can't decide...:confused:

14. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Wow things getting a little heated over here! Think it is a tad harsh to basically ask for money when you have about 200k worth in bux though...

Anyway - how we all doing leading into Xmas? Not had much time for this event plus had a route re-jig too. Managed to get 5 x body and 2 x controls and NO engine for the KK but hopefully luck will change on the mystery parts!!

Merry Christmas one and all!

15. sir_robert_72

Yeah it was a mistake but that's what I was saying, it's a game lets all enjoy it that's why we are all here isn't it?

Back to game strategies, every hand I've played for good or bad has has its hub in London. Perhaps that's a uk bias but its always served me well enough.

16. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    So, as London as one of your permanent airports, have you upgraded it to level 3? How about advertising? Do you only advertise the event city?

17. sir_robert_72

Still got an engine of two going begging. Let me have you're game centre I'd and I ll get one over to you.

18. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Go for Paris, its slightly farther south, and closer to other airports.

19. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    I'd say the opposite, as London is slightly closer to NY so shouldn't need upgrades on planes to reach.

Personally I have both Paris and London, but I have a couple of Tetras that still can't reach NY from Paris has haven't upgraded them, hopping over to London makes me able to get them over. (they can reach Cairo withouth the upgrades)

20. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    2 for London, 1 for Paris; I'm gonna go with London, thanks!

In other news, I have spare KK parts if anybody needs some. i havw 1 kk; i could build another, and i'm going to win one more. how many does a person really need??