Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I think a lot of us are seeing this. Some refreshes are producing NO jobs on my upgraded Class 3 airports. That's not right :-/

2. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    This too.

3. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks, I accepted your request. I'll pay you back sometime :)

4. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try. Do you know how many coins I'll get if I close Philly? Right now I have 25,255 and I want to close Philly to open a Class 3...but I don't want to close it unless I'll have enough coins to open Philly.

LAME! Is it worth it to spend Bux to manually refresh jobs? Is anybody doing this?

5. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I believe you get half the cost of the city back in coins. Looks like Philadelphia costs 30,825 so I would think you would get back 15412 coins.

It costs 8 bux to manually refresh jobs with no guarantee you will get much better on the refresh. I would say no.

6. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I don't remember how much it cost to buy...lol.

7. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    You only get back half of what you paid for when you close an airport. Keep Philly open for now, anyway it's a class 2 airport that will help you make that trans-Atlantic leap for higher air fares.

8. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

Even though I only have Philly & Chicago open?
    I now have some 31,000 coins...getting close to opening a Class 3 like NY

9. figment

figment Active Member

May 8, 2012
    I always thought you could see the mystery parts in the terminal building screen but just had a couple that were not on that screen but were in the jobs list. Bummer. Makes for a little more work with my parked planes waiting on mystery parts.

10. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Guys we need to get moving we are in 4th place at this event!!! Oh and by the way, you probably know, but the prize is a KRINGLE KRUZER so get moving. Or should I say, flying [pun intended]!

11. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Happy Weekend

Woohoo for a Kingle Kruiser event :)

I'm relaxing, looking for Mystery Parts, after going non-stop for the last event in Geraldton. I was just a few jobs short of 5000 - with only 20 planes I don't expect to repeat that number anytime soon. So far in Chicago I've found several Kringle Body's and Engine's, but only one Controls.

Well done TA1 on Geraldton and thanks @Vic Sark for encouraging our crew to jump in :D

@Perfect Trumpet have a great trip!

12. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    500+ Chicago deliveries and only 1 mystery part. I must be doing something wrong? I'm using a variety of airports, scrolling to the bottom of each job list...any suggestions? I'm sad. :(

13. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Yes! You need a few more airports open. Can your Kangaroos reach LA from Chicago? I can't quite recall, but right now that would be a better buy for you than NY since its further away.

14. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    They say the average spawning is 1/100 jobs. In the past I have seen this number fairly consistently. Now with a bux plane parked at every city I am finding there can be a dry spell for a few hundred jobs, then 3 or 4 mystery parts show up in various cities all at the same time..!

The last couple Mystery Parts events though I have collected less than 1/100.

15. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I found 4 parts before I broke 100 last night and this morning I am at 257 jobs with no more parts in sight. I don't expect to see anymore for a couple hundred jobs but I'll keep looking!! :)

It was fun to go to bed in 5th place last night! I woke up this morning to find myself in 30th :(

HEY TA1 we are still in 4TH!!! C'mon let's fly!!

16. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    That was epic dude!
    To be only a few thousand jobs behind TA was a great team moment for TA1 crew:)
    i'll check the last standings, didn't know you pulled 5000 jobs, impressing mate!

Sorry, I couldn't play the last day or so, too busy, finished 4th in the 3000's.

Don't worry for the imbalances, we'll trade parts, but I guess it's better to wait the end of the event.

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #10817 vicsark, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    Dude, I am! ;)

For this event, I opened and fully upgraded Chicago (advertised of course) and Mexico, I had NY and LA already.
    I do as usual, ie paired Cloudliners P and C in NY dedicated to Chicago jobs. I don't fly them back empty, but I usually don't wait more than one refresh to send them back.
    The same in LA.
    And paired Cyclones P/C in Mexico also.
    I replaced the dozen Mapples from Geraldton with my old Hangared Sequoias M.

It's a good rest to have an event in a red airport, no need to babysit layovers. :)

I don't really focus on MP, too many planes to fly to go through the Bux sitters, but I got 25 MP (7B,10C,8E) for 2000 jobs.
    i don't expect to have much time to play, but when I am, I'm sending a few hundred jobs at once.

I guess it's 1/100 for cargo parts, so it's more 1/200 jobs
    but as we tend to focus on them, on the long run, it gets close to 1/100 jobs (that was the case for me on the full plane events where I had more than a thousand jobs.)
    Some also focus only on MPs, not on flying the planes.
    i'm not sure we need more than one or two KK in our fleet, but they're fun.
    A bit disappointed they don't have a specific sound though :(

Attached Files:

18. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Thanks! I guess I'll keep looking and cross my fingers and toes. :)

19. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I found 1 mystery part and I have about 237 jobs completed so far. UGH this is painstakingly slow!!

What do you mean by "bux plane?"

20. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

I got 3 engines and a body sat around, controls zero. Seems to be a stock out on the KK controls