Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Mobage

When did PP become available for Android?
    I started playing on Android like 1am this morning.

my Mobage name is: baptized1128 please feel free to add!:)

2. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Sending an engine to glippy and lewis! All out of engines now (other than the one i need to make my kruiser :)

Thanks for the quick response!

3. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Ack, so many layovers left in Jarakta. At least it has all of the leftover layovers, so no more unnessesary Aeros and Seqs. Nearly done with sorting everything out too, Seqs and an Aero in Eurasia, and everything else in America.

As for my current even strategy, Class 1 are covering my northeastern cities, a Birchcraft is sorting out Honolulu, and Aeros are moving things around.

4. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

Right that's it the plunge has been taken and I've finally updated to 1.1.1

So Santa Nimblebit, if you're listening, all I want for Christmas is a Mapple or two. :D

5. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

Finally plucked up the courage and updated. The only stats bug seems to that plane travelled distances have all been multiplied by four, which seems a bit weird. It does indeed crash on gift receipt, but that's not too bad just go back in and the gifts still there. Other than that, so far so good.

6. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Pocket Planes 4 Experienced N00bs (old)

Sounds weird, right? Well, here's the deal:

I've been playing Pocket Planes for some time. It's totally addicting, but I don't know why; I'm not a fan of aviation! Maybe it's because Nimblebit is so awesome. (btw they sent me 10 bux and a Concorde engine today!)

ANYWAY, right now I am working on the MAGIC COMPETITION IN IQALUIT. I have completed 135 jobs, and at the time of this post I rank #144.

Even though I'm level 23, I have only 3 airports open: Iqaluit, Goose Bay, and Washington DC, which just finished up a Biz Meeting. I have 51 airports available to be built, but I only have three. And at the moment I have 8 airplanes in service:
    - 2 KANGAROO-Ps
    - 2 KANGAROO-Cs
    - 2 KANGAROO-Ms
    - 2 SEA KNIGHTs

The above planes are my favorites. Usually when I do a global event, I'll open the event city, plus two more cities (usually close enough that my Sea Knights can fly to) that are usually in a triangle. However, when I read everyone elses' posts, they talk about having like 10 airports open with several class 1, 2 and 3 planes flying all around the world. I don't quite get it.

The reason why I usually have only 3 cities open at a time is because when you have 10 cities open, it's so hard to get jobs from, say, LA to Dallas. I keep my cities close by because I almost exclusively use Kangaroos and Sea Knights. In my hangar I also have: 2 Pearjets, 1 Fogbuster, 1 Starship, 1 Hot Air Balloon, 2 Hueys, 1 Blimp, 3 Mohawks (for the Easter Island jobs), another Sea Knight, and 3 more Kangaroos.

OKAY, HERE'S THE POINT OF THIS ENTIRE POST (LOL):
    Can somebody PLEASE tell me/teach me/show me if/how I can maximize my Pocket Planes experience? I have 6 PP friends, and in all of my stats, I am 5/6 or 6/6. Dead last! I have no problem getting the minimum 50+ jobs required to earn the global event prize, but I would like to progress FASTER in this game and enjoy it more. I'd like to expand my airlines and get bigger/better planes to service more people. I like saving my bux, too, but right now I earn 1-2 bux every so often. Once I had my Starship in service and even though I lost 3,000-5,000 coins each trip, I gained 5-20 bux. I currently have only $123,079 coins and 425 bux (I spent some real money). Can you guys help a sista out? I need some help becoming better and more effective at Pocket Planes. ​

Which planes should I use? Which airports should I open? Which airports should I KEEP open all the time? Do I keep certain airports open, then open and close certain airports for each global event? Which airports do you have open for the current event (MAGIC COMPETITION IN IQALUIT)? Which planes are you using?

LEVEL: 23 (JUST got to level 23)

AIRLINE VALUE: $409,312
    AVG DAILY REV: $51,532
    AIRPORTS: 3 of 51
    POP. SERVICED: 5M
    TOTAL FLIGHTS: 6,377
    MILES FLOWN: 6,766,400
    PASSENGERS: 9,946
    CARGO DELIVERED: 10,053
    LONGEST FLIGHT: 5,084 MILES
    MOST PROFITABLE FLIGHT: $3,770
    BUSIEST CITY: GOOSE BAY
    BUSIEST REGION: ASIA

Thanks! I appreciate all the help!
    GameCenter: alyssacroacia
    Mobage: baptized1128

7. Glippy

Glippy Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Got it. Thanks for sending.

8. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Glippy that means you need the body? I'll send it if I get it in the next mystery part delivery

Thanks.

9. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I updated. It's worth it.

10. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Anybody here on the TA (not TA1) flight crew?

11. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Are you playing on Android?
    I got the same problem there, not sure if we even can get the prize and mystery parts. (at least I haven't seen any so far)
    Maybe our version is outdaten and doesn't contain the Kringe Cruiser, idk...last update from play store was a long while ago thou.

Nimblebit really seems to only care about the iOS versions of their games, they got the Mapple, presents the days before christmas, Kringle Cruisers aviable... :(

12. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    iOS doesn't get mapple :(

13. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Nope.

14. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Well, you don't get it directly, but trough Apple Computers or trading with people getting them that way, for Android it isn't possible since we can't trade with iOS users ;)

15. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I would say for starters have a little patience. Many of us have played since the day the game came out. In time you will level up and progress. The more you play, the faster you will level up.

There is a slew of game strategy in this gigantic thread. Use the forum search tools for strategies posted by vik sark, captain browncoat, Faye Valentine, etc etc.

Learn to balance out saving coins/bux before spending them. If you are low on coins, don't run your starship. Use planes like the Aeroeagles and when you have them available, the Sequoia. Those are the ones that make the most coin. Make use of layovers to fill your planes with all the same destination cargo before delivery for 25% more coin income. That's about all there is to it. Once you have saved up bux, think about upgrading your planes to be lighter (therefore bring in more coins) but if you choose to upgrade speed, it will cost more to fly and the flight will net a lower profit.

You also have the option to purchase some bux from Nimblebit, a nice boost if you don't want to wait and also a great way to thank the developers for a great game.

I'm all for sharing and helping and such, but remember that most of us got to where we are by nothing more than good old hard work. :)

16. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Um.. TA1? We're in third by a couple hundred jobs. Let fly!!! :)

17. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    #10797 alyssacroacia, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    Thanks. But everything you've mentioned I've already learned/done. What I need help with, is what airports should I open? At any given time I only have 2-3 airports open, including the event city. This is because the jobs are concentrated, but I'm missing out on so much. Can someone tell me what airports you have open?

Like, I heard LA - Dallas - NY, etc. was good...

P.S. I'm level 23 so I work hard too...not very effectively, but I def work hard...

18. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    The best way to learn... is just to fiddle around and figure out what works best.

Its a game, we're all playing for fun, just have some fun, mess around, and see what works best - for you - to get enjoyment out of the game!

There is no "secret solution" - its not a puzzle with one way all the pieces go together and hundreds of people just trying to find that one solution, there are infinite ways to enjoy the game, and its up to *you* to figure out what the best way is for you to do that :D

19. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I advertised Chicago but I'm not filling up my planes! (with blue OR regular jobs!!!) :confused:

20. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    #10800 Snowbird, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    Right now you have just started to enter the world of Class 3's. You should have only Class 2 and 3 airports open with the ultimate goal of having only Class 3 airports (aside from Event cities). It doesn't matter where you put your airports, however to generate more income, the best layout is as straight a line across as you can make it, with the least number of cities needed to reach across, as the farther each point is, the higher the coin fair. Coin fair is determined by straight line distance, not travel distance.

For example:
    I have LA - NY. I want to expand east. London and Paris are a toss up, but when you're at your level I found London easier as it's just a little closer. Use this tool to help you see which planes will reach which cities:
    http://www.therustysnowman.com/proj/pocketplanes.php

So now you have LA-NY-London... going east I can choose Cairo or Tehran. Lots of Class 3 cities going east along that line so just pick your route. It doesn't really matter as long as you're going in a line. Class 3 cities will always offer more jobs, so you will be able to fill your planes faster.