Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Any of you have any spare Blimps? I want to start on my Nome-Wellington trip.

Full Wallaby today, got a full Aeroeagle-M yesterday. The Aero has been put to shipping things to Jakarta.

2. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    #10682 dantt99, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    Hey guys! Just got an Android. I'm going to try build back my planes on Android, and meanwhile continue events on iPod. Cheers!

3. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    OK, it appears that TA1 won't catch TA this event, but we tried. Based on Vic's observations of each teams players, I can surmise that TA has an average of ~73 jobs per, Nimblewiki has ~80 and TA1 has ~662. WE STILL ROCK.

4. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    This event, we've proven we are the best crew. Some of us fancied a challenge so we went for it. The fact we are closer to TA than we are Nimblewiki says a lot about our efforts. We have nowhere near the numbers TA has, yet we actually gave them a good run. A day or so ago we were only about 2,500 behind.

Top work. Best crew on PP!!!

5. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    My GC and Ign is Dsolender. The email is [email protected]. what do you want me to add myself too exactly.

6. Dsolender

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    I need the link to the TA spreadsheet cause i'm on TA, not TA1 and the only link I can find is the one for TA1

7. Dsolender

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    Actually I changed my mind, I'll switch to TA1 for the next event and stay. unless the first place prize is really good in which case i'm sorry but i can't pass up good opportunities.

8. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Well here's the link to the TA1 spreadsheet, in my signature =).

9. Dsolender

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    already did it

10. Dsolender

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    can all you guys in TA1 add me in game center

11. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

I heard that it's NOT worth upgrading speed becuz faster speed = less $$$.
    Is this true?

12. FebruaryXVI

FebruaryXVI Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Sorry TA1... I just got done with a 15 hr 2 day drive through cell tower dead zones all through the desert. So i havent contributed for almost 2 days.

Great effort on all crew members.

13. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Yes, it's less profit/coins. But I was wondering whether it would be worth it from a global event/number of jobs standpoint.

14. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #10694 seattleheli, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    Sorry guys, sat out the last couple events because I've been busy - until now. I'm READY to roll on the next event that starts in 2.5 hours. I'm set on being in the top 5 in our crew, even though I'm only level 18.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the announcement of the next event location!

By the way, I'd really appreciate any high-capacity planes people could send my way! Level 18 doesn't yield too much. :p

15. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Anybody thinking strategy for the next event? I'm guessing a Xmas celebration in Nome for the Kringle Kruiser. If its up that way (Nome, Barrow) I think I'll open Seattle and feed from NY, Chicago, LA, and Mexico City. It will be different than a typical class 3 hub, but I think it will save on the Class 1 plane turnaround time. Thoughts?

16. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    what is "Class 1 plane turnaround time?" I'm not new to PP, but relatively new to this site/forum and definitely new at competitive/strategic PP play

17. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I'm talking about how long its going to take my class 1 planes to shuttle global jobs to the destination city and back. For example, a Kangaroo with no speed upgrade takes 13 mins to fly from LA to Seattle. So assuming the event is in Alaska, sending a Kangaroo on a round-trip from LA to Nome will take 26 minutes longer than sending collecting jobs and sending them from Seattle. The trade off is that I can only send jobs 6 at a time via an Aeroeagle to Seattle instead of 10 at a time via a Sequoia to LA. Is that clear as mud??:)

18. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Would be nice if it was Nome, I already have it open from the Nome-Wellington flight. Didn't realize Barrow was up that way as well, might as well plug away at it to finish my achievements out. Just got the 10,000 flight one today, so Barrow is the only one left!

19. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    The challenge is to deliver a bag of gifts to every city in the PP map, all bags originate from Nome... Oh and no other jobs are available, since it is Christmas and only Santa works then o.o

20. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Well for the lack of time I had this round, I'm happy with making it to 20th!
    Not bad considering I was stuck at a family function (or is that dysfunction :eek:) for the better part of today.