Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Cyclones and Cloudliners - what level do these become available?

I was just looking at the airpedia and drooling and wondering.

David

2. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Cyclones - Level 26.
    Cloudliners - Level 28.

3. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Anyone got a spare Cloudliner or Cyclone?

LOL tacky question I know but who knows...worth asking.

At this point would make some difference in my delivery abilities. I keep clogging up and it takes me three times longer to clear.

Well if some kind hearted level 40 or above would be willing let me know.

:)

4. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I don't understand clogging up and taking time to clear?

5. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I got a tetra-C.

Does anyone want to trade this for a C-130? *dreams*

:D

6. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Nice one mate, Kudos!

7. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Clogging up and clearing..Roto Rooter?

:DI basically have Class 1 aircraft in a few areas that do rounds and bring back the blue event people/cargo and the greens as well to one class 3 airport. Then I have class 2 (Aeroeagle or sequoia (class 3 that I don't have enough of)) aircraft move the blues and greens to the neareast Class three airport next to the event and then usually (since the event airports so far have been class 1) I have 2-3 class 1 planes disperse to the event from there. My problem is that it takes a lot of $ to move them from each focal point to the event airport so I'm not maling a lot of coin though I do move quite a bit of event cargo and people. If I could get a single aircraft that could fly between all the focal points and gather in one trip it would increase the events stuff (I think) that I could collect and minimize the coins I need to spend to get them there. Anyway I tend to get a lot of build-up and the event airport and I have to stop and get the class 1 aircraft to move them out (I have upgraded the airport once but hesitate to spend the coin to upgrade Jakarta again). Anyone have a better way to lay this out?

BTW, thanks Nokitano for the part, I appreciate it! 2 more and I'll fly that baby yet.....:)

8. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    What I'm doing, and I'm not making much in the way of coins. I'm breaking even if lucky but just for the sake of getting a lot of jobs to Geraldton. I have 4 Cloudliners and 6 Aeroeagles gathering jobs. So one Aeroeagle transports from Seattle to Chicago. One from SF to Chicago, one from LA to Chicago. Then when I get 34 jobs in Chicago saved I make a trip to Jakarta with a Cloudliner P and a Cloudliner C which deposits 34 jobs in Jakarta.

I also have 2 Cloudliners going between Tokyo and Jakarta being fed by 2 Aeroeagles. I have an Aeroeagle going between Shanghi and Jakarta. And 3 Cyclones-going from class 1 airports to Jakarta. I usually have 60 jobs at Jakarta and a bunch of Kangaroos and Airvans going steady.

9. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Did you only receive one part? I sent you 6 parts :confused:
    Nimblebit is eating my gifts :mad:

10. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I have a cloudliner-m in my hanger that I will never fly again. It's yours if you want it.

11. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Finally

Cannot wait till the next global event, I'll finally be in a position to partake in one.

12. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I would love a cloudliner lol ;-)

13. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I have this image of boss saying that to you and you saying, "thanks!" then proceeding to your desk and sitting and playing planes all day :-D

14. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Basic tips for events

Here are some very basic tips for those new to events (or Pocket Planes) - see other posts by Vic Sark for higher lvl tips :) In particular, these are key things to think about with a Class 1 event city (like Geraldton)...

* Get the best nearby large city as a "base city", preferably Class 3 (like Jakarta, or if poor, Class 2 Singapore)
    * You'll be using high capacity class 1 planes as shuttles (Kangaroo, Sea Hawks, Mapples). Match your P and C slots, or use M-planes.
    * If those shuttles can't reach the destination from the base, add an intervening small city in as straight a line as possible. It can be tiny; you'll never stop here.
    * Your class 1 planes will fly around the clock, never stopping at the event city. It will have so few jobs you'll never fill them all for return trips, so don't bother trying -> Send them on a round trip from your base city.
    * Optional (if you're feeling competitive, and only if you have a lot of extra bux): After they reach their destination they will keep flying back to base, empty. You can use 1 bux to "boost" them. This effectively doubles the number of class 1 planes in your fleet, but it's not cheap if you do it often.
    * The larger planes in your fleet will bring boatloads of event jobs to the base city and lay them over there. To get as many as fast as you can, open up nearby class 3 cities and fly large planes from those to and from "base". At lower levels where you can't afford to open any class 3 airports, it's fine to bring them in from a greater distance.
    * Advertise the event city (don't upgrade it). It's only 10K-15K for a class 1 city and will significantly increase the number of blue jobs you get at other airports for the event city.
    * If you can afford it, especially if you think you will keep your base city, upgrade your base city it for extra layovers (don't advertise it). This isn't cheap, and not a good idea for lower levels.

Nothing new in the above that others haven't said, but hopefully in enough detail to make sense to newer players.

15. ltbaxter

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    That's exactly right, Snowbird! :D
    I did stop and get a coffee first.

16. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Really cruel world. You had to close London.

17. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    How often do the global events come up? Is there always one going?

18. ltbaxter

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    All the Time

Yes, there is. Twice a week, 3 D 12 H each (Sat night and Wed afternoon, typically). We don't know what they will be in advance. Many are class 1, fewer class 2, and not too frequently a class 3. The ones with a full plane as a reward also have a cargo called "Mystery Part", colored yellow, which will yield you a plane part when it gets delivered to the event city.

19. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Best. Work. Day. EVER! :)

20. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thank you for that info! :D:)