Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Hey guys - loving the effort on this event. The amount we've bridged the gap is crazy!! Sure, TA won't have many bothered with it but incredible having so few crew members in comparison!

And so far clear of Nimblewiki it's crazy!

Probably can't contribute much on the next one but that depends how boring my parents are tomorrow evening and Christmas Eve..!

2. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks again, slightlynorth! I am flying my very first Mapple right now -- love the speed on this thing!

Speaking of speed, is it worth it to upgrade speed on my Seaknights to use in a global event?

Have you sent friend requests to those in the TA1 spreadsheet? That way you'll see more names on the leaderboard, which is part of the fun in this crew!

3. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Airports

Just wondered what the general consensus was on upgrading airports? Is it really worth it?

4. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    The longer you intend to have the airport, the more worthwhile it is. If you just have a class 3 to feed Jakata for the event but intend to get rid of it, probably not!

5. Batdive

Batdive Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Lol well I was just in front of you but now dropped to 39 over night. Time to,get the planes in the air

6. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Great to see the competition across the whole leaderboard :) helps us all keep up our form!

7. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    I'm the same as you hun, 23 planes and struggling for top 20

8. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    It's more a time thing than a plane thing. I've only got 17 planes and i'm soon to be 2nd! Basically because i've been ill and have loads of free time!

9. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Nimblebits sent me a Hercules C-130! :):D

10. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    That's not fair - how come you lot are getting rare planes and I'm getting either crappy ones, coins (as happened today) or bux?

11. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Don't worry you're not the only one! Only decent thing I've had is a tetra part I don't need!!

12. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    They sent me a Super Gopher a week ago and some bux. Be patient:)

13. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Same here :)
    After some pretty crappy gifts, a very nice one

Attached Files:

14. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    How on earth? I get a couple of bux if I'm lucky.

15. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Was going to say the same thing. Only 20 planes but when I got in to work boss said To take the day off... Merry Christmas. Been playing kinda non-stop, which won't likely happen in future events :)

16. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    I definitely would do that. Typically the class 1 planes determine your rate of job delivery. 15% upgrade in speed will get you up to 15% higher job delivery event, great for global events.

17. Batdive

Batdive Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Lol I'm jealous although for level 18 they sent me a cloud liner cmwhich is nice but takes awhile to fill and I keep forgetting it only goes to class 3 airports

18. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Only 5 bux for me today... :(

19. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I have 4 Cloudliners, 3 Cyclones, 6 Aeroeagles, 6 Kangaroos and 2 Airvans all in the effort! :):D

20. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Oh, wait... you only have two airports open - Geraldton and Jakarta? In that case, you don't need to advertise because there's nowhere else for jobs to go! In that situation, I'd skip advertising and maybe upgrade Geraldton once so outgoing planes will fill a little faster (unless you decide to run a lot of round-trips). If you had more cities open, then you would want to advertise the event city. In this case, save your coins!

I've fully upgraded my always-open airports. If I have to open a new airport as a layover point for an event, I'll fully upgrade it as well knowing that it's a short-term investment. When you close an airport, it does not retain its upgraded status; if you re-open it, you'll have to pay to upgrade it again.

Wish I were getting rare planes. I've received two Birchcraft Ms, which I would have appreciated about 30 levels ago!

Regarding plane upgrades, remember that more speed = higher operating costs = less profit. You can balance that out by also doing a weight upgrade that lightens the aircraft, but on small planes you're not really losing enough profit to make the bux expenditure worth it. I'm not sure the speed increase is worth it either, though. A Mohawk with no speed upgrade will make the round-trip from Shenyang to Tiksi (via Yakutsk) in 58 minutes. If you buy the maximum speed increase, that's shortened to 50 minutes. Might be worth it if you're babysitting the planes, but otherwise that doesn't save a lot of time.

Range upgrades, on the other hand - all of my planes get those.