Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    So, are you saying you send your planes on a roundtrip?
    from Jakarta to Geraldton back to Jakarta? with no stops?

...that's a good idea...

2. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    Or an aeroeagle, thats fine too.

3. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Yes that's exactly what they're saying. It'll be 2015 by the time you fully load your plane back to Jakarta, even if you advertise Jakarta & fully upgrade Geraldton. Send your planes on round trips, they'll be empty on the return trip.

4. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    What Quiver was referring to is the TA1 spreadsheet enumerating all our GC IDs. I looked in there earlier today and did not find you listed. Please add yourself do we can all friend each other in order to see each other on the Leader Board and for efficacious parts gifting. ;)

5. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I got it. GREAT idea for now and the future.

6. henryb1990

henryb1990 New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    I love this game and Tiny tower, I never bought bux and Ive gotten far in the game, Ive got a lvl 30 airline, value is 5.5 million, miles flown 10 million and Ive got 19 planes. Recently though I got this problem. I have 4 cloudliners and one of them has 4 passengers stuck on it that never get off or pay any coins. they don't have any eyes or yawn like the others, they just sit there with no face. when I checked the list of passengers, on the list theres 4 empty lines, it doesn't say city, name of passengers or coins, nothing just 4 empty slots on the list. Ive tried holding the load and unload button to empty the plane but it just removes everything except those 4 passengers. i removed the airplane form service and took it back out from the hangar wasting a lot of bux and the plane came out empty but as soon as i got passengers on board same thing happened 4 of them got stuck, didn't pay coins or leave the plane when it landed. also airports like Paris and London often gets a couple of empty lines in the jobs list. I've checked if there's any layovers causing conflicts but nothing, i don't know what to do and I don't want to reset game and lose everything :( I'm playing from an Ipod touch 4 generation, its not jailbroken and the app has all the updates installed, what should I do?? thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry about typos.

7. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    #10627 alyssacroacia, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    Gotta thank everyone for the help. By sending my Jakarta planes on roundtrip flights (load: Jakarta - Geraldton - Jakarta: reload), I have a lot more action going on. Sure, each flight takes about 28 minutes (x7 planes), but I'm earning a lot more bux (5 so far). I can't tell if my coin amount has changed drastically or not, but I've gone back up from rank #60 to #51 and I am now #47. Thanks again for the tips and support.

Having such a large forum with 1,063 pages (AND COUNTING) can be frustrating if you lose your place, but overall it has been incredibly helpful.

8. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    LOL Faye, I just checked the distance via rusty snowman's trusty calculator. Geraldton is 713 miles away from Jakarta. Maybe it's faster for the passenger to swim there (distance wise, not sure the open sea condition allows this). At one mile per day, it takes less than 2 years to get to Jakarta.

Someone once said that our class 1 pilots are slave-driven to fly without taking breaks. Well, the traffic controller (i.e. me) has no breaks either. Vic Darth Vader rallying us to overtake TA has produced some tremendous results though:

#1 59108
    #2 49171
    #3 21795
    #4 12712

While we're some 10k jobs lesser than TA, we have more than double the jobs of Nimblewiki ... never had we such a large margin.

To those who are having problems with the advertising agencies ... are your airports upgraded to lvl 3? (Not geraldton, but Jakarta and the others that you're collecting blue jobs). Jakarta is one of my permanent airports and is upgraded to lvl 3. I've quite a healthy number of Geraldton jobs per job refresh cycle.

9. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I see you at 39 at the moment.

10. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Yup I just updated the spreadsheet.

11. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    HAHA! I just sent a Kangaroo-C on a roundtrip and they're flying upside down! :D

12. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    What's this?

Oh, cool!

I'm checking out the TA1 Flightcrew Leaderboard on PP. I can see that I am ranked #39 with 221 jobs delivered.

I also see that TFRICHARDS92 is right behind me, ranked #40 with 221 jobs delivered as well.

Cool! None of my real-life friends play PP...(so lame)...so for the longest time I didn't have any PP or TT friends. And I'm not sure who tfrichards92 is, but HEY! I SEE YOU! :p

lol

13. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #10633 PondusFM, Dec 22, 2012
    Hello Henry. The 4 passangers your talking about is called 'Ghost passangers'. It's a glitch in the game, hopefully waiting to be fixed. Not sure why it happens, and I only know about two possible ways to fix it. One beeing what you allready done with putting the affected plane in and out of the hangar, costing you bux. The other one is to send the affected plane to EVERY airport you have, wich can be impossible if your affected plane is a class 3 and you still have class 1 and 2 airports. If you only have class 3 planes and airports tho, try sending the affected plane to all of your airports, and the 'ghosts' should hop off on one of them, costing you only coins in fares. If none of the above works and the 'ghosts' keep comming back, then I would ground the plane and wait for an update with the right bug fix.

Hope this helps!

14. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I've got almost 20,000 flights and still haven't seen the upside down plane.

15. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Add me on GC and I will send you a Pearjet. I'm in the database for TA1.

16. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I saw the upside down plane three times the first couple weeks Pocket Planes was out. Them once more a couple weeks ago. That's it! I think it's hilarious :)

17. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

I've had it happen 4 times, 3 of which I have pictures of.

- 6,536 total flights
    - 6,943,624 miles flown
    - 10,252 passengers
    - 10, 395 cargo

level 23

18. henryb1990

henryb1990 New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    #10638 henryb1990, Dec 22, 2012
    Thank you for taking the time to answer! For now I'm going to wait for an upgrade, it really bothers me, that this keeps happening, not only these "ghost passengers" but also "ghost jobs" as the list of couple of airports is glitched as well. I'll wait for now and only focus on completing events. Happy Holidays!

19. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    For those updating the spreadsheet, if you add a date/time, please make sure you are entering it in GMT+0. Do not use any :'s in the format as Google Docs likes to mess with the format and a few of us OCD folk can't take it ;)

20. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Add your details and GC name to the spreadsheet then people will be able to add you and send you parts.