Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    I too will be on vacation come sat night... so top 50 would be nice for me :)
    As you said Ill do what I can

2. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Yes potentially 49 slots. I exchanged 40,500 bux with some 250 bux remaining (yes pushing to the limit). So I'm slowly expanding the slots. One constraint though is the market ... it refuses cough up a cyclone-M engine :(

Attached are the pics of the bux exchange and airline value. I did take a screenshot so you can see my airline value (as you had advised after my first bux exchange).

Currently putting 11 class 1 planes to work. I spaced them out rather than bunch them together like you did so that I can use the new job generation and rely less on global event job feeder planes.

no no no no no .... A lot of coordination need :(

3. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    Forgot to attach pics of bux exchange

Here they are. 43 plane slots open so far (I've coins for up to 49 plane slots). The next slot costs 64,041,500 coins. Heart pain. (cast envious look on the 8m plane slot of a few pages ago).

Now i'm doing bux gathering again.

Attached Files:

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Hey, if you want your big cash airline value to stick through GC, you got to wait a few hours before spending evthg.

5. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    I just did a big exchange too - not as many as you guys, but 20,000 Bux to buy slots for more class 1 planes:

Attached Files:

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I have been holding on 1.0.4 as well. My friend just upgraded his device to the current release and the only problem he is seeing is the crash upon receiving gift bug. The main reason I have stayed with 1.0.4 is i find it useful to be able to unload beyond an airport's normal layover capacity. The downside is, I found out the hard way I cannot receive gifted Mapples. Still debating if I want to update or not.

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    less than 2000 jobs spread.
    unbelievable!

TA 20450
    TA1 18490

8. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Engine

Cyclone-M engine showed up first try, so I just send you one for the Holidays :)

Fun event, go TA1!

9. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Snowbird, I really thought I was probably the only one still plugging away in 1.0.4. I really don't feel so bad now. I recon I must have missed a trick though, I may be dumb but how do I layover beyond capacity??

10. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Go go TA1!!!! I'm flinging every plane I've got!

11. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    first of all: right after the event ended I switched from ign to toucharcade. (After, it definitely didn't happen during. Although at the beginning of that event i had not been in a crew, but i went to IGN at the beginning and got my 210 jobs in ign.)
    Does switching while they are awarding prizes have anything to do with it?

Secondly: Given this info, am i going to get my deserved prize?

12. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

You guys can certainly get those planes flying, for 80 members that's brilliant, not sure I can keep up with that standard

13. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    You're probably better off posting on the nimblebit forums to get an answer from their team - they'll know better as it's a fairly rare scenario i'm sure.

14. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    If you land in a city that is full on layovers, you can unload everything anyway as long as you have at least one empty space on the plane. The trick is to load a piece of NON-Layover cargo/person, then press and hold UNLOAD on that same person/cargo to "Unload All".

15. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    #10535 Snowbird, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Unfortunately if you switch teams before your prize arrives, you will likely not be awarded your prize.

See here:
    http://support.nimblebit.com/customer/portal/articles/656748-flight-crews---missing-reward

16. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    This happened to me when the original "Computer Failure" event started back on June 14. I switched flight crews and started sending planes to Singapore before I had got my prize from the San Diego event (the first Starship!). I sent an email to Nimblebit, and they gifted me the Starship directly. I'm not sure if they'd still do that, but it's worth a try.

17. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Got a Mohawk-P today from Nimblebit - obviously they are working their way up to the Concorde with me. :p

I don't need it - anyone want it?

18. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    thank you ! I received it. :)

Aside: market still flatly refused to have anything to do with cyclone M ....

19. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Got my second cloudliner as a gift today - this time a C version. Really gutted that I'd already built cloudliners of each variety......still mustn't grumble too much!

20. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    London closed for an hour. :(