Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    So it doesn't count as a job for Geraldton then?

2. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Great - I was doing the Geraldton event casually, but after vicsark's call to arms, I'm going to take this event more seriously! Perhaps it is time to do a massive Bux trade-in, expand the plane slots, and dust off my other class 1 planes...

Gotta love the competitive spirit in TA1. :)

Yeah if it's not blue, I don't think it will count towards the Geraldton event.

3. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    It seems to be very random. Yesterday I got a Concorde and today I got a Bearclaw-C, which are pretty much opposite ends of the "most-wanted" spectrum...

4. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I've gotten bux the past 3 days. Not as exciting, but functional :D

5. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Ok so with everyone taking an advanced interest here, i think i'm going to change my aim to top 10!! People catching me seriously fast... Need more plane slots!

We're creeping up to TA though it has to be said. Slowly picking away at the hundreds! Gap down to about 2,800

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    An we're about ten times less members doing the event, nice!

7. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

I've gotta be honest I probably haven't read the forum posts as much as I should, mostly I'm reading and posting during the work day here in the uk. Any significant posts outside there I may have missed. I do get the point of the TA1 crew as I'm not one if those who collects 50 jobs and patiently waits for his prize. Indeed my theory is that they have probably been washed out of this challenge and only the 'proper' players have remained as the prize is rubbish. I appreciate the invite to the TA1 crew, and i look forward to pitching up with you guys for the next challenge.

8. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    -imperial march humming-

Attached Files:

9. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    LOL how many planes is that? u must have a lot of feeder planes carrying blue jobs in to these class1 planes

exchanging coins now 6 mins on button still going

10. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #10510 vicsark, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    14 class 1 planes.
    I got 52 now, still two free slots
    It took me 9 minutes to go to 50k Bux so you should be to 40k in a little bit more tha 7 minutes I guess ;)
    How many slots will you get to?
    Edit : saw the bux calcs, 49 is it?

Just knowing who is on the leaderboard with you is worth the change ;)
    I guess we'll see How NimbleBit does with the next events prizes.
    I doubt they'll be able to split TA unless they do lousy first prizes event for the foreseeable future

11. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    honestly, if they just made the (#name of the winners of the previous challenge ineligible to win the next one, they would encourage better gameplay as there would have to be communication amongst the team as to what the new team name would be for the next round which in itself would weed out anyone who is just tagging on.

12. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

HAHA! YES! That would be totally AWESOME! Heh, I totally forgot that tomorrow the world's supposed to end. :rolleyes:

Will it end our time? Or Australia's time? Australia will see the 21st much sooner than we will in the U.S.

13. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hmmm .... I think I'll have to aim for top 20 with the astronomical number of planes you guys are flinging. Will be on vacation Sat and won't have time to fling planes while driving. But will try to deliver as many jobs as I can before that, to help overthrow TA. :D

14. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    I got the wrong prize

I was in 6th place individually in the 8th place flight crew with about 210 jobs. Nimblebit sent 10 bux! That was the prize for behind 100th place! I was supposed to get a starship part, what happened to that? Or at least the 20 bux!!! We were in 8th place, but even if there was some mistake, theres no way we were behind 100th!!! What happened? Will the part be a mystery delivery or something?

15. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

On a completely unrelated note I wonder if anyone would be good enough to give me there take on the latest pocket planes update. I'm still running 1.0.4 and can't help thinking I m out of touch. I did update to 1.0.5 when it arrived but found it unstable and it trashed all the plane stats. I then hurriedly back peddled to 1.0.4 and haven't had the nerve to go again. I would like to move forward, after all like everyone I'd like to get me a mapple :D

16. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    This is seriously achievable guys - down to 2,500 now!

17. Dsolender

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    I think that I REALLY don't understand this game. Can someone explain how the prize giving and stuff works please???

18. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    The prizes are given for the TEAM ranking, not individual ranking in a team.

If you are in the team that finishes 1ST place, do 50 jobs and finish 100th in the crew, you'll still get the TOP prize.

If you are in the team that finishes 5TH place, do 50 jobs and finish 1st in your crew, you'll get the "Top 10" prize.

19. Dsolender

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    Ok, I knew that part already. I was stating my individual rank in case that had somethine to do with another part of it but the point is that I delivered more than fifty jobs in a top ten ranking flight crew and I got an under 100 prize. Is it because I switched flight crews? cause right after the event ended I switched from ign to toucharcade. (After, it definitely didn't happen during. Although at the beginning of that event i had not been in a crew, but i went to IGN at the beginning and got my 210 jobs in ign.)
    Does switching while they are awarding prizes have anything to do with it?

20. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Nimblebit has been sending out random gifts to players on iOS devices once per day, starting on December 18th I believe. They are doing this for 2 weeks. The 10 bux you received from them must have been one of these gifts. The popup associated with this would be "Nimblebit has sent you 10 bux".

When you receive a prize upon the conclusion of a global event, the pop-up screen will list your crew rank, your rank within the crew, and the prize itself.