Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My GC status all show
    Just played: Pocket Pilots.
    For 5 pages

2. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Sent you a Mapple. Have fun!

Cheers,
    M.

3. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Gosh... I feel a wave of encouragement... I'm in! :D
    With a whopping 20 planes total, I'm basically Gimli's little brother saying "You have my throwing axe!" It looks close enough where 500-1000 jobs could actually make a difference. I was planning to recover, but I unexpectedly have the day off.

Vic, I had seen your tips before, but only after pushing hard in an event did some of the extra tips and real-examples you gave at the end make sense.

Let's get 'er done! :eek:

4. FebruaryXVI

FebruaryXVI Member

Dec 20, 2012
    And my gift plane of the day.....
    Cloudliner P.
    Thanks nimblybits!

5. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012
    seems weird... what's going on?
    maybe it's a glitch, anyone else seen this?

Attached Files:

6. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I've had smilar occurances every now and then, and then try again a few minutes later and it's fine.

7. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    Introducing Myself - New TA1 Member

Hi All!

I've found this forum to be so helpful and friendly that after the last event, I decided to leave the #JayIsGames team and head on over to #TouchArcade1.

My TA Forum Name & GC name is Nalazoo.

I'm currently at Level 45.

I'm running a fleet of Mohawks and the few Sea Knights I have between Jakarta & Geraldton.

Going to figure out how to add folks in GC...haven't done that before. If I could get 2 more Sea Knights up and running if I had 2 more Sea Knight bodies to go with my Controls (6) and Engines (2).

Oh...and Challenge Accepted!!!!

8. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Oh you've got to be kidding - 59 minutes without the prime airport for the event!!

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Aaaaaaaaaargh
    Jakarta closed for one hour!!! :eek:
    A whooping record of 23 planes grounded or in the way to be grounded!:eek:

NimbleBit says :"Time for a break"
    :p

10. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012
    #10490 ifwhalescouldfly, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    10/13 of my fleet is headed to Jakarta...

aaaaand it's closed for an hour.

and all my class 1s, are going to Jakarta:(

oh wells. it's getting a bit late here in this part of the world, is it a sign that in should go to bed?

edit: whoa, 3 consecutive posts by 3 different people... NIMBLEBIT! ARGH!

NIMBLEBIT

Y U NO LEAVE JAKARTA IN PEACE

:D but without nimblebit I won't be having this much fun anyway, so I still love you :3

11. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Considering pulling a few and running Melbourne for a couple of turns

12. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    I was about to say the same

13. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Had to go anyway :)

WE have reduced the spread with TouchARcade a bit to 3000 jobs :
    TA 15904
    TA1 12893
    Nimblewiki 5778

Intelligence reports, about 800 crew members in TA (vs over 2000 in the last one)
    and 200 for Nimblewiki (vs 500)

I guess Nimblebit succeeded. But I'm not sure that many people are splitting, they just don't play the event.

14. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #10494 Slightlynorth, Dec 20, 2012
    For the first round you had to be a GC friend with me BEFORE it started. I'm not accepting friend requests until the round is over so I can remember who was there before it started.

That being said, I can only farm for Mapple parts while I am at work (and then only when I have a few moments to actually open the game and look). Right now I am having a hard time finding the body part. Maybe one part every refresh and 9 times out of 10 it is the controls. Ugh.

Edited to add: Round 1 is now over. I'm not sure when round 2 is starting. Probably after this current event which will give me some time to find parts.

15. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Sooo I just got an iPad and put PP on it. The syncing between my iPad and phone seems to be messed up. I turned on my phone and got the 25 bux from last event then checked my iPad, not there. So I went back to the phone and saw the amount with the 25 for like a split second then it went to the number the iPad had. Lost the bux. Anyone have this problem or a suggestion?? Thanks!!

16. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    Vic Sark - thank you, thank you, thank you for the gifts of the Sea Knight bodies - you're the BEST :)

17. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Jakarta 1 hour Tropical Storm

Am I just in a time warp or losing sense of time passing because of too much PP or was that the shortest hour I have ever seen?

18. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #10498 CastlePage, Dec 20, 2012
    Sad that Vic Vader didn't miss me :p

I haven't been playing PP since ytd .... just got on PP now. Trying to clear my iqaluit layovers (yes, that's how long I didn't touch PP).

I have 38 plane slots, which is probably too excessive for some ... but looking at your 12 mapples ... I need more slots for class 1 planes ... and more mapples, and planes geraldton jobs to jakarta. So I'm going to cash in my 40k bux and see how many slots AND planes I can get.

So challenge accepted ... in a little while.

BTW, I got a anan-P from nimblebit today :p :(

Edit: OK I have opened Geraldton and sent my maiden 1 job flight to Geraldton to find out the number of people in TA1 for this event. I've also updated the top10 on the TA1 leaderboard spreadsheet. Then it'll be a long hard trek from the bottom of the pile.

Vic Darth Vader currently rules with his fleet of Imperial cruisers and x10 fighters. Jdrawner is now in second place, having unseated SlightlyNorth in the last hour. And since I started typing out the edit, Noids is now in the 3rd place, having climbed over North too. Jiayou all.

Edit2: OK, the TA1 leaderboard is finally updated. Currently there are 86 ppl in the TA1 crew. Taonas has 2 jobs at #84, the rest are numbers. OK, here I'm starting the climb up now.

Edit3: A question. Iqaluit is closed. In the midst of my clearing the Iqaluit layovers. I didn't pay close attention to the time, but I think my planes made it back (round trip) ... I didn't know if it was closed after or before they reach Iqaluit. Can anyone confirm that say if Geraldton is closed and my planes make a roundtrip to Geraldton from Jakarta, will the planes be grounded once it reach Geraldton?

19. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Whats the story with the "sunken Treasure"?

I've seen it going *everywhere* in the past day - and now i just found one going to Geraldton! ... And its not blue!

Weird? Whats the story with the treasure?

20. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Some events have Outgoing people or cargo. The Dive Trip event generates outgoing Sunken Treasure in the event city.