Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    (cowboy drawl)

Vicsark, you and I been around these parts long time and I was fixin' to sit this one out and get ready for the KK next week...

(tobacco spit)

BUT you had to go and throw the gauntlet down. Well...challenge accepted

(whip cracks)

C'mon you Sea Knights, Kangaroos and Mapples...get the lead out and start flying.

2. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Sooo I just got an iPad and put PP on it. The syncing between my iPad and phone seems to be messed up. I turned on my phone and got the 25 bux from last event then checked my iPad, not there. So I went back to the phone and saw the amount with the 25 for like a split second then it went to the number the iPad had. Lost the bux. Anyone have this problem or a suggestion?? Thanks!!

3. Glippy

Glippy Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #10423 Glippy, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Been lurking around for a week now and joined the toucharcade crew. But since there is no challenge in staying in the TA crew and because i like what i read here about the TA1 crew I'm joining you in the challenge to knock TA from first place.

Currently I'm almost level 20 and got 12 aircrafts flying around.

Will be adding my info to the spreadsheet for the crew.

GC ID: Glippy73

4. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    #10424 alyssacroacia, Dec 20, 2012
    Best Route?

Can you guys tell me what route you're using for this current event in Geraldton?

Mine is: Geraldton - Mount Isa - Sydney

I've got 6 Kangaroos (two of each) and 2 Sea Knights.

Currently #34 with 29 jobs.

EDIT: I just opened Palu because they're having a Fire

5. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I'm going from Jakarta. Its closer and bigger (someimtes i don't need to touch the layovers)

6. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm using Jakarta. You'll see more jobs in a fully upgraded class 3 airport (than in a class 1 or class 2 city), so much easier to fill your plane.

7. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Are you saying that you're only using Jakarta - Geraldton?

The reason I'm using Palu is because they have an event going on also for about 4 more hours (MTN time).

If I used Jakarta though, my Sea Knights won't be able to reach Mount Isa or Sydney.

What planes are you using?

8. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I started this event thinking I'll do 3 or 4 hundred jobs, get my BUX for the second place finish and move on. But with this challenge I decided to buy airplane slots 21 thru 23 for about 8M coins and go from 2 planes to 5 dedicated to the event. I'm also re-tasking my BUX Seqs to bring layovers in to Jakarta. I guess sitting on 13M coins and 18K BUX doesn't make sense since the the world ends tomorrow.

9. Jmacjmac

Jun 28, 2012
    Since Nimblebit is handing out random gifts for two weeks, did anybody think that maybe the Kringle Kruiser will be a gift for all on Christmas eve and not a prize for an event. (sorry for the android players if this is the case, but us iOS players can't get a mapple unless we trade for it).

10. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    My Kangaroos, Sea Knights & Mapples shuttle jobs from Jakarta to Geraldton. I'm not working anything else in that area other than the Global Event.

Here's a nifty resource to help you figure out planes that can travel the distance between airports.
    http://therustysnowman.com/proj/pocketplanes.php

11. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    They can reach from Geraldton, which is the whole point. Is something relevant going on in Mount Isa or Sydney?

All roads lead to Geraldton. Jakarta is the closest major airport to Geraldton and produces the most jobs in the area (Sydney is much smaller, so there really is no reason for your planes to have to go there - especially as nothing feeds sydney, where as your entire fleet can feed jakarta from practically anywhere else) :)

12. Jmacjmac

Jun 28, 2012
  13. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I've sorted my whole fleet for this event. Got Mumbai, Delhi, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo all with a Seq-M feeding Jakata with event layovers then 10 planes finishing the job (and 1 bux jobber)

14. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Nice. I see you're about to leap frog me into 2nd place ... Any second now! :)
    I'm bringing in Geraldton jobs primarily from Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Shanghai & Seoul.
    Off to bed now... Will prolly find myself in 25th place by the time I wake up. ;)

15. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Haha! I've just woke up so got plenty of time ahead of me! Never getting first though :p

16. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    This worked a treat. Not only do I now have a separate game on my old phone with all the same planes, but I can now gift them back to my Relharn account, essentially saving me having to find and pay for extra parts in the market. :)

17. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012
    oh my
    did they really have to close Delhi?

goodness. it's one of my main routes through to Jakarta then Geraldton hmph. but oh well I have tons of layovers to last me 44 min xP

18. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I've finally had a few minutes to sit and start this event! For those curious about our numbers, the lowest job count I can see is 3 jobs in position 67th & 68th

19. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012
    #10439 ifwhalescouldfly, Dec 20, 2012
    quite amazing that we're keeping close to TA, the last two refreshes the gap hasn't widened. and we have only 68 people. GO GO GUYS LET'S KICK SOME PLANES HERE

it would be very very interesting to see TA1 win TA, and I don't really care about the prize. it'd be a great milestone:D

Edit: A random idea- what if tomorrow nimblebit programmed all the planes to fly upside down because of the whole "end of the world" fiasco? :D wouldn't that be cool xD

20. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Sent the part your way don't worry about it mate, unless they add in a 20+ slot plane I'm good on planes :)

Enjoy your spaceship, it's expensive to fly ;-)

Challange accepted :)