Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. FebruaryXVI

FebruaryXVI Member

Dec 20, 2012
    As much as i wanted that money...this challenge supersedes that want.....
    Challenge accepted.
    Mohawks away!!

2. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Multi accounts

Faye and Quiverfulll and others...

Two GC-ID's, one device? Nope. When you switch GC login you get same game but with warning message that no achievements until original account logs in.

To switch the GC user of a game you're playing just login with the new account, come into Pocjet Planes, then go to settings and hit Reset Awards. No way to have multiple games at all.

Same CG ID on two separate devices?
    With iCloud sync, you get one game basically shared betweens the devices.
    Sync off -- two completely separate games, but when a reward or gift comes your way it will go to the device that logs in next, as Quiverfull is seeing.
    Either time things right, or set up a different GC Id on one device, then reset awards as described above.

I hope that made sense...

3. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks for the advice!

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to a 5. After making sure PP synced OK on my new phone, I created a new GC account for my old phone.

I figured that turning off iCloud sync would stop the games updating each other, but didn't know how to get the old phone to treat it as a separate user in PP for the gifts.

I'll try resetting the awards when I get home and trust it works.

4. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012

challenge accepted!

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #10405 Snowbird, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Since the prize doesn't really matter this time, it would be fun to see if we could overtake the original TA crew.

Challenge Accepted!

I won't be able to start up until later tonight, but expect me on the leaderboards soon people!! :)

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Well, the least I can do is update the spreadsheet for the top 10 since I haven't started. I'm missing whoever is in 3rd with 367 jobs, and 6th with 269 jobs.

7. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    3rd & 6th come up as blank on my end also. They might be Android players.

8. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nice attention to detail.

Attached Files:

9. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I cannot figure out how to participate or what the point of these multi-player event are. Can someone explain how I join one and what I do? Thanks.

10. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Thank you for the excellent succinct descriptions of possible scenarios.
    I was hoping to do 2 separate games in one device. I'll just let her continue mucking around in my game.

11. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Solution to sharing account with my wife

Well, for now, my plan is that my wife logs in first before I do everytime. That way any gifts go to her until we get her set up. I kind of like sharing an account with her and when we both work on an event we rack up numbers together (which is not so bad). I can survive the toss-up to see which one of us gets the prize, if she gets it I still win... there are rewards for being nice to your wife. ;)

12. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Ah... Now I see how you're set up. I sent you a part earlier, hope it went to the correct place. And yes, you should always be nice to your wife. ;)

13. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Challenge accepted.

14. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Tap on MENU (lower right) and select FLIGHT CREW to see the current Global Event. It shows which city (currently Geraldton in Australia), time left, prize, leaderboards, etc. Event jobs appear in blue (you need to buy the city first to have those jobs show up), and you need to deliver a minimum number of jobs to qualify for the prize. Lemme go see how many we need for Geraldton . . . . 50 jobs minimum. You need to join a Flight Crew, many of the active members in here are in #TOUCHARCADE1 , just type that in. don't forget to add your GC ID to the spreadsheet (linked in my signature below) and add everyone so we can see each others' names on the Leaderboard.

(sorry for all the individual posts, it's easier to mquote from the computer)

15. ifwhalescouldfly

Dec 18, 2012
    You would see, that under the "events" section of the menu that the first event is in light blue, unlike the rest of the events. This is the multiplayer event. You would have to have the airport of that particular event. Next, tap on the "flight crew" icon in the menu, where you will be asked to join a flight crew by using the same crew name as your friends, your friends being us and the crew name being toucharcade1

The competition is to see which crew can complete as many jobs to the event city as possible, and they will win respective prizes based on their placing. Also, key in your details here if you're going to help out in toucharcade1 so that we can add you on GC and keep the leader boards updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0Ale0JqVq80xJdFprbi0xMmF2RG94TEdIYWlqOEtHRUE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=15

There is minimum jobs per person to qualify for prizes, and for the event now it's 50 jobs.

hope that cleared things up :)

16. ifwhalescouldfly

Dec 18, 2012
    haha Faye I replied at the same time as you xD

17. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thanks for the help. I tried to add my info to the spreadsheet, not sure it it saved. Forum name PocketDaddy45, GC name Tater4579

18. PocketDaddy45

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    So is it delivery the jobs in light blue print to the city?

19. Apex24

Apex24 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    #10419 Apex24, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    10pm westcoast time, LVL 12..going to dedicate my planes 9 kangaroos so far, let's see how many I can get :cool:

fail 7 kangaroos 1 wallaby, anyone care to help a brotha out?

should I upgrade the speed on the kangaroos or no?

20. ifwhalescouldfly

Dec 18, 2012
    if you're level twelve already it might be better if you don't spend too much bux upgrading anything, since you're nearing class 2 planes. the class 3 planes cost a bomb, really and saving up might be the wisest idea :)

just a word of advice:D

oh and @pocketdaddy yes, the light blue jobs are jobs that will count in the flight crew competition:D

Happy flying to all, and let's rock this event!