Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Toucharcade1 has been around for awhile now, and until just recently the winning team prize was exactly the same as the rest of the Top 10 teams, so being on a team that comes in 2nd or 3rd behind TA usually gets you the exact same prize.

Now, if Nimblebit made the winning team prize be a Bearclaw and the Top Ten prize be a Concorde or C-130 plane...the internets would blow up;)

2. jbob72

jbob72 New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I've been playing this game for 6 months as a member of Touch Arcade and just realized they are doing this. Pretty heartbroken as I needed one last piece for the starship (controls) and have been waiting a few months to get it (from the Iqaluit event that ended this morning). So lame because I thought 1st got the winner prize and the top 10...fml

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Instead of crappy prizes, why don't they make the min # of jobs required higher? Wasn't that the whole point of bringing the min# of jobs system in?

4. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I agree with this. At least mix it up dependent on the prize?

Crap prize = low required points
    Good prize = high required points

5. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

Pleased to see not everyone has jumped ship from the TA crew on this one
    The TA crew is starting out nicely and if we keep it up should stay on first, well done to the two members currently above me in the leaderboard by the way. So what if they're dishing out rubbish prizes as the daily freebies more than make up for that in my book. Lets all stay together and keep TA the top crew :)

6. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Are you android? If so I just got my THIRD control. Pissed because I already had 2 from a previous event. Mobage name is Flysher.

Same goes to all other DROID players, please let's add each other so we can help with parts. We already get hosed on most things, so we could use any help we could get ;-)

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #10367 vicsark, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    I guess you didn't read the forum much lately, we have started a few weeks ago a sub crew named TouchArcade1 for the active forum members and players.
    We were a little bored by TA always being 1st by a 10 to 1 margin, its 4000 members with a lot of opportunistic lurkers just doing minimum jobs and getting first prize.
    Pretty much all the former top 20 TA players are here now.
    We have all (80 players) exchanged our GC so we can see almost fully named leaderboards.
    it keeps the fun and the competition on between us, as you know who you're batling with!
    We also help each other by gifting a lot of parts to needy members.
    And there is a real challenge trying to be number 2 crew after TA as we battle with NimbleWiki (600 members) and others.
    You should try joining us, we definitely have more fun in there, ask around ;)
    Check the link below for more info!
    TouchArcade1
    Click here for a list of TA1 members and their GameCenter ID's

8. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    I can vouch for it being more fun here! Makes you actually want to join in on events - little competitions here and there and a lot more of a community factor instead of just aimlessly sending 50 jobs and stopping!

9. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Speaking of... that #1 position will be MINE! :p

10. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    :p I have no doubt in my mind - I have nowhere near the plane slots to compete with you guys - just doing my best!

11. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    I'm just the guy with sign that reads... "what he said"
    <-----------

12. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Err, I don't see anything in your signature... do you have it turned off by default?

13. jbob72

jbob72 New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I'm iPhone..so lame and I agree they should just up the minimum number of jobs...completely unfair.

14. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #10374 PondusFM, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Jbob, if your after either a starship controls or body, I'll be happy to send it your way. Add me on GC - PondusFM.

Edit: going to bed now tho, 1 am here where I live :) but will check back tomorrow when I wake up :)

15. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    A fine example of TA1 community and support :D

16. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #10376 vicsark, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    And what if that #1 position was OURS?
    What do you think guys, TouchArcade1 as the #1 crew is an interesting challenge, innit?
    It's now or never!
    Who cares about the lame 40 Bux anyway.
    Come on, let's all get this friggin Bearclaw part lol

If you want to hopp in, change your Pocketplane Flight crew to : TouchArcade1

And add yourself in the list of TA1 members with your GameCenter ID

Just reply to this with "Challenge accepted!"

Attached Files:

17. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Challenge accepted!! I've set my route up COMPLETELY for the event!

18. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Fun times at Fullquiver's House

So here is one for you. Since my wife and I share the same GC account, when Nimblebit hands out the prizes, who gets the prize (my wife or I) depends on who logs on next.....LOL. Now she plays PP also just not quite as addictively as I have lately. So I have been getting a lot of the the stuff but since the woman knows where I sleep and where the frying pans are kept, I try to make sure to share as much as I can and when I can get duplicates I try to let her get them.
    Soooooo......if anyone has some spare Sequoias or Sea knights please let me know so I can let her get one too since she is waaaay too shy to ask. She is quite sweet and anyone who can take care of 13 kids and put up with me deserves some serious "brownie points".
    I have some parts I am more than willing to trade or gift as needed and promise ones in the future as well...... just let me know what you are looking for and I will do my best.

Fullquiver13

19. jbob72

jbob72 New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #10379 jbob72, Dec 19, 2012
    Hey Pondus, request sent. I'd totally owe you if you would gift me a starship control...

20. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    #10380 Perfect trumpet, Dec 20, 2012
    Challenge Accepted

"me" "Vic Sark"

Attached Files: