Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    #10261 thisisina, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks for all the congratulations, everyone. I would like to thank NimbleBit for making such an addicting game, and the best flight crew, TA1 for their generosity with parts, game strategies, and moral support... /end Academy award speech :D

That's what I've been thinking, too. I wasn't sure if I was just paranoid after my big bux exchange.

Um, a Supergopher-P! Want one? ;)

2. Unionfield

Unionfield New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Some really good tips here and I appreciate you taking the time to type it up. It hadn't even occurred to me that I shouldn't build an airport in literally every place I can, so thanks for that.

I think I'm gonna store it and craft an Equinox for now. I'm not sure I have enough patience to maintain specific routes (that's part of the reason why I play games on my iPhone in the first place, haha).

3. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I've got a Pearjet still - it was my first plane to hop the Atlantic so I have a soft spot for it. I know it doesn't make much profit but I've kept it. 2.6m miles on the clock so far.

Unionfield - you can go US to Europe with your class 1 planes if you go north and via Greenland and Iceland. I did that originally.

4. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    No bother mate, it's quite cool isn't it :)
    I like it even thought is a 6/4 split and have OCD for symatry lol

5. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    First class lurker coming out of the woods :)

Thks for the surprising depth of this game @eeen ;)
    having such a blast with PP that I haven't put the Xbox on in months (been busy changing diapers too, maybe that's related?).

6. figment

figment Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks to the generosity SlightlyNorth, just made my first MappleX10 flight.

And in the spirit of giving, just shipped a couple Sequias and a couple Cyclones out to new TA1 crew.

7. CJJ

CJJ Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Student
    Hawaii, USA
    I was gifted a Concord Engine today. :3 Now tomorrow I'd like the rest of the plane! ;)

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    On the first Day of Christmas, Nimblebit gave to me, an Airvan-C in my hanger.
    On the second Day of Christmas, Nimblebit gave to me, 5 big bux...
    On the third Day of Christmas, Nimblebit gave to me, 10 big bux...

Really trying to resist singing this to the tune of 12 days of Christmas... :)

9. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012
    #10269 ifwhalescouldfly, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    bleh London is closed :( I have 4 planes grounded in London and more planes that need to pass through london to go transatlantic asdfjkl;

hehe @Unionfield no problem! it's the festive season, just spreading the joy around :D Do add me on GC, clara2799 and tell me it's you and I'll send you one or two of my spare equinoxes/birchcrafts :)

Thanks so much @figment for the generosity! If i do have anything of value i'll be sure to send it your way :)

Wonder what Nimblebit's giving me for christmas! The first day was an equinox engine, second was 10 bux. That seems to be all i've gotten so far :(

Merry (early) Christmas!

Edit: Nope i received my third present just as I clicked publish... /drumroll/ It's a wonderful, fantabulous, amazing, awesome...

wait for it...

nah not a concorde, or a C-130.
    it's a wallaby-P

:( but anyway it's free, so not complaning! ;)

10. ifwhalescouldfly

Dec 18, 2012
    Well yes this is a double post but here's some updates+pictures of my sad ghost passenger situation...

it has invaded my new Sequoia-M. Now I'm wary of loading any passengers wearing green OTL @eeen why is this happening? is it a nimblebit plot? for Christmas? because they're green? I don't know but I don't want to try bringing the plane in and out of the hangar because, well, it could be something special...

Attached Files:

11. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    A Kringle Kruiser for XMas?

Did you start over mate? I see you in teens level again.

12. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Noob

Hiya,

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I can't seem where else to put it.

I'm new to pocket planes and just hit level 14, quick question? When you enter local events and you click on the tick you can see how many jobs you have delivered, and it says prize 15 bux. When do you get those? And are there other prizes, I managed to deliver 142 in one and it says 15 bux and 20 in another and it says 15 bux? Don't really know what's going on. Oh and what happens if u close the airport you did the job for, do u still get the bux?

13. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    To get rid of the ghost passengers put ur affected plane in the hanger and then bring it back out, as for the other events this is how many u have done out of 1000 so once you get 1000/1000 you will get the shown bux.
    If u send the plane to an airport and its now in the air and en route if u close the airport it will still go to the airport and do the job and drop it off so it will count but it won't stay at that airport
    - hope that helps

14. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    But the event has finished, so I have no way of doing 1000, I managed 142!

15. ifwhalescouldfly

Dec 18, 2012
    The prize is after you do 1000 jobs for a specific event, for example an embassy dinner. You don't need to 1000 jobs in a single event, you can do it over 3 different embassy dinners in 3 different countries. so basically there isn't a time limit, once you clock 1000 jobs you'll get the 15 bux. I don't think they take away jobs if you close the airport, because the jobs are already done.

Hope that cleared things up for you :) add me on GC clara2799 :D

16. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    It did indeed, thank you. God, I'm a long way off then. Don,t know where to start to be honest. Only have capital air ports and 11 air craft.

17. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Update : 4 Hot Air Balloon left for the give away!
    So far, one balloon sent to
    ifwhalescouldfly
    Fullquiver13
    tfrichards92
    Mxboyles
    3wapp
    RLangley91

Offers end at the end of Iqaluit event!
    If you want one, please reply to this with your GC and your level!

18. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Gc Dudley1uk level 14

19. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Hey I'd love one :)

Jdrawmer
    Lvl 24!

Starting to get on the rhythm of my strategy now so enjoying the game even more greatly!

20. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Sent u a friend request Clara 2799