Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Speaking of bux - is it me or have they gone a bit rare recently?

2. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    It would have impressed me....;)

Congrats on the achievments!!! :)

3. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    well done Ina

thats impressive going

4. Standardization

Standardization Active Member

Aug 30, 2012
    United States
  5. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Thanks PT for letting me play for a day with your C130 ;)

And congrats Ina, welcome to the BuxChanger Club (how weird does it sound?!) ;)

Attached Files:

6. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Why oh why does it have to be Paris? Closed. I have 4 planes sitting in Paris waiting to get out, 1 plane waiting to take off for Paris, and another plane that needs take off and travel through Paris. :(

Nimblebit sent me an Anan part yesterday (P? C? forget which).
    Nimblebit sent me 5 Bux today.
    Psst, Nimblebit... please send C-130 tomorrow. :D

There's definitely something in the air, everybody is exchanging Bux, me included! I exchanged 25k yesterday. Haven't spent it all on plane slots yet, only bought 5 or 6 new slots. I don't think I can juggle too many more planes. I do like to have a real life too. Really! ;)

7. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I received mine from Merilon too. Would also like to thank Vic & HarmorniaMundi for their gifts. THANK YOU!

Hey Castle, your signature looks just like mine!
    Yeah, I just copied yours to use as mine :D

8. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Fun week

Wow, these screenshots of massive bux conversion are insane! Those new slots should allow you to try quite a few things - look forward to hearing about that.
    Congrats too to Ina on the multiple achievements and long flight.

As for me, this is the first global event I'm actually trying to do a lot of jobs for. It's so cool to see a couple of well known names on the leaderboard. I'm currently in top 10 of TA1 (that'a a first) but don't know if that will hold, with Castlepage and a few others not far behind. Faye and Vic are of course running crazy # of jobs :)

Gotta love two full weeks of daily gifts - thanks Nimblebit!

9. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So THAT'S what's going on! Nimblebit is giving daily gifts!! Awesome! :D

Apparently they're all different?
    Well today I got a Concorde Engine and yesterday was 10 bux. I ain't complainin'! *ahem*likesomeofyouotherpeople*ahem*

HOW do you "exchange bux?!"

And that plane is AWESOME!!!

10. Apex24

Apex24 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    How do I check if I'm getting gifts from Nimblebit? I see nothing new in my hangar/parts section

11. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    You get a little box pop up saying '** bux have been sent to you by Nimblebit' not sure how the parts or planes one reads as I've only had bux so far, but it gives you an idea :)

(assume it will be the same wording as when someone else sends you a part 'you have * of 3 parts needed...' )

12. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK

To exchange bux you go to the 'bank' 1 bux is worth 500 coins, but the more bux you exchange the more they are worth :)

ETA: congrats in the Concorde part too!

13. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama
  14. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Gratz on the bux exchange. I love the empire death star fleet. I wonder what's the maximum number of bux/coins that Nimblebit allows the exchange. Surely that's a limit to the number that can show up. And I wonder if Nimblebit had realized that we'll be doing all these crazy bux exchanges when they first designed it.

Hi Ina, the achievements are impressive. I haven't done the nome to wellington flight nor the 200m population :p

Nimblebit, I want a C-130 or concorde part too. I have been checking my hangar for any surprise planes :p

Faye: use my strategy then. I have 38 planes slots (all full due to seven class 1 planes). As this is a long trip class 1 global event, there isn't much to do global event wise so I can finish checking my 9 bux planes + settle the two global event plants (hauling jobs to NY) easily within the 4 minute cycle with time to spare to check the market and flight crew leaderboard. I'm keeping this strategy when I expand my plane slots. I like having 2-3 planes waiting in line at an airport (sometimes Nimblebit likes to send same jobtype bux jobs 10 times in a row !!!).

Vic is so generous. Thank you Vic !
    No problem, I copied my signature from Bluebear who is lurking these days ....

15. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012
    #10255 ifwhalescouldfly, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    just wanted to give a quick yell to boomerkidd :D thanks for the sequoia, I haven't reached the level so I can't buy if myself but loving the sequoia now! bringing in big bux for me (excuse the lame pun/alliteration/whatever) (I haven't employed the sea knight as of yet :p thanks so much!

to vic, thanks for your generosity :DD and if there are any left, could i have a balloon? i don't have one, level 20 and GC clara2799 you've added me already and I've filled out the crew list on the gdocs :D thanks!

Edit: oh and I forgot to add
    congrats to all those big bux changers(?)! I can't see myself exchanging thousands of bux (i have only 500+ now :p) at the moment but then again I never saw myself having a fleet of Aeroeagles and Pearjets and a sequoia when all I had at first was a couple of navigators, griffons and bearclaws!

16. Apex24

Apex24 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Strange:confused: haven't seen any notifications of that sort in the past few days, maybe because I'm using android with mobage?

17. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    You've gotta be on iOS and logged into Game Center to get the gifts. Sorry!

18. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I claim the first eeen sighting!!!

What do I win?:)

19. Unionfield

Unionfield New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Hey everyone. Generally new here so I am hoping this is the right place and you guys can offer me some advice.

Background: I'm level 14, I have every airport in the US and eleven plane slots. I just bought a Pearjet-P and was excited to use it for my first transatlantic flight but apparently I am also an idiot for not realizing the Atlantic Ocean was more than 1500mi wide. So I have been trying to use the jet in the US but it's near impossible to put a flight together that turns a profit. Routes that other jets would produce +600-700 coins from gives me +50 or worse using the Pearjet. I guess I'm not really understanding what I'm missing here and I'm at the point where I feel like junking the plane and replacing it with a Mohawk or Equinox.

Any tips?

20. ifwhalescouldfly

ifwhalescouldfly Active Member

Dec 18, 2012
    #10260 ifwhalescouldfly, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Hello there! I'm relatively new to the forum too, but I've been playing PP for a while already, though I'm not that much higher in levels than you xP but here's a few tips and hope they helped you!

1. Cut down the number of airports you have. Don't be afraid of closing down tons of airports and leaving just a few big ones open. A reason why it's difficult to get the 25% bonus is because for every airport that you have, every jobs refresh will put in a certain number of jobs, and this number is directly proportional to the size (population) of the airport. For example the airport in question is Dallas, and on average it give you about 10 jobs for every refresh. If you have, say 6 other airports, these 10 jobs will be split among all the other airports that you have. In the beginning it's okay, because it's easy enough to get 3-4 matching jobs without waiting for too long, but once you hit the 5 seaters it gets kind of difficult. Though the total number of jobs per refresh does increase minutely if you own more airports, this increase is simply not enough for you to get enough matching jobs.
    I'd say keep LA-Phoenix-Dallas-Atlanta-New York, and run planes through that route, until you've chalked up enough coins to go to the second route I will detail later in my post.

Matching jobs is key to fully unleashing a pearjet's potential.

2. If you want to go transatlantic into Asia/ Europe but have few or no fully (range) upgraded Pearjets or Aeroeagles, try directing your fleet downwards. This was my route when I was in that situation, and the lower class 2 (equinox/birchcraft) planes can make it through. LA-Mexico City-Lima-Recife-Lagos- Riyadh-Delhi-Chengdu-Tokyo. I had 2-3 class 1 airports along that route to join up places where the planes can't reach, but that was my basic route. It was after I set up this route that money really started to roll in for me:) The fewer airports and the longer the distance between the first and the last, the better.

3. The first plane that can make it from NewYork -London is the Pearjet, but it has to be fully upgraded on range, costing an additional 42 bux. I would recommend, though, to wait until you've unlocked the Aeroeagle and chalked up lots of bux before revamping your fleet into pearjet-Aeroeagle only and attempting to fly from LA to Tokyo using LA-NY-London-Istanbul-Chengdu/Delhi-Tokyo. (well at least that's what I did, and it worked out really well for me.) This is my current route, btw :D

Whew! That was long! Anyway this is the strategy I've used to get me to Level 20 (still going strong!) I know other people use feeder planes and hubs and spokes and stuff like that but honestly I don't have that much time and intellect to invest in such complicated strategy, this was simple, easy and worked for me!

I really hope this has helped you just like others in this forum have helped me by posting their own strategy here, so it's like paying it forward to you!
    I wish you the best of luck in your flying endeavours, and I hope you actually understand what I say:D

Thanks for staying with me through this lengthy wordy post myahaha

Edit: oh yes and I forgot to add- you're better off keeping the Pearjet in the hangar for the time being when your route is contained within America. The Pearjet's really quite a good plane, but it can only display it's goodness if your reach is more expansive and you use it to cover greater distance. you're really not alone, I didn't know how to utilise the Pearjet properly at first and ended up generating less revenue from it than I did a Equinox or birchcraft. But now I can really appreciate it, so don't worry, and dump it in the hangar for the time being! (and yes, this is the correct place to come to ;)

This forum really contains very good strategies, if you have the time to scroll through 1020 pages of comments!