Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Apex24

Apex24 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks ltbaxter I was thinking the exact same thing regarding the planes, felt like holding off buying anything other than the aeroeagle, it seems like the best bang for your buck.

Also I had Phoenix/Seattle, but I ended up selling it to make room for the 3 cities I currently have. Any specific profitable routes I should do using Rio/salvador/buenos aires?

This is my first event, I opened up iqaluit and did 62 jobs and stopped. I'm all for helping each other out, but what benefit do I get from joining toucharcade1? Looks like toucharcade wins every event o.o

p.s. Seems you guys don't like fast planes, looking at the fogbusters stats it has everything, but everyone prefers seqs and aeroeagles.

2. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    A couple of events, like this one, have better rewards for the people not in first place. I think Nimblebit does that just because of Toucharcade.

And reason why we love Sequioas and Aeros is because they're slower, which means more profit.

3. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    When buying planes got with the M class. People and cargo is a good thing especially when the mystery boxes appear for events when the reward is a plane.

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I received an Airvan-C from Nimblebit. Clearly this is a sign I need to find someone who isn't hooked on PP yet and get them started on a new game with a bonus Airvan-C :)

5. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Also as you advance go with class 3 cities.

That is all I fly too now with the exception of missions

6. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    #10166 Gus172, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Let me clarify my take on the M planes. I only use M planes that are evenly distributed.

Ex 2P-2C for let's say a kangaroo

The only exception is the sea knight

7. Apex24

Apex24 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Sounds good! After this event is over I'll join you guys, I'm on a droid my mobage name is WTFRUDOIN

And about the speed/profit for planes, might be a silly question, but how do slower planes yield more profit?

Should I just buy M kangaroos and M Aeroeagles only?

8. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Don't quote me on this, but I think the faster ones cost more to run. And if you do buy P/C planes, even them out. Like I have 1 P Aero and 1 C Aero.

9. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Agreed! I hated M's for so long... the first M I started using was the Sea Knight for Class 1 events, where I would typically run 4 SK's (3C/2P) and then use a a Kangaroo-P which runs 4P to even things out.

Recently I started using Sequoia and Cyclone M's, as they are both even P/C splits. Prior to that I had P and C planes only.

10. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Random question: I've been noticing that many people have Kinshasa. Why not Lagos? It has a bigger population so, consequently, more jobs! Can anyone explain?

11. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Kinshasa is just way more fun to say! XD

I have no idea, I've never attempted a route down there. I bought the airports that are necessary for such a route but I never committed a plane to it lol and ultimately closed it all down and kept my la London Tokyo route.

12. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    That's what I would do

13. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #10173 Faye Valentine, Dec 18, 2012
    I've opened and closed Kinshasa numerous times.
    Kinshasa provides a nice straight shot between South America & East Asia

Rio - Kinshasa - Mumbai - Seoul

I've opened and closed and reopened this SA-to-EA route MANY times.
    Straighter routes give you better profits, which is more crucial in the early levels. Not such a big deal at my level now (50+), but I still use it out of old habits and laziness (easier to scroll across map in straight line, instead of zig zagging my way across)

Edited to add:
    I don't really use Kinshasa to pick up jobs so the slightly smaller population is not an issue. I just pass thru or use it to resort ,y jobs for a 25% bonus before final destination in SA.

Lagos would be better if you do something like Rio - Lagos - Tehran , another straightish route.

14. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Pocket Planes Wiki spells out the calculations for profit. Yes, slower planes cost less to fly.
    http://pocketplaneswiki.com/Flights

Those who play often can do better in terms of profit rate per hour with faster planes like Cyclones. Those who load 'em up, send 'em across the world, a couple of times a day will make more profit with the slower birds.

At first I hated M planes because of the extra work to fill or disappointment at having the wrong cargo type sitting there. But now I favor them so that I don't miss a big-bux job due to having the wrong plane, and can operate planes more individually than in pairs. Most folks here tend to favor pure-M fleets or no-M's. I did find mixing them led to frequent imbalances. As Timey said, even 'em out. It's more a style difference, not a flat out 'best'.

15. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Feels like a few weeks. Actual start date is/was nov 5,2012. So your number is closer. May e a few weeks after finding this forum.

16. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I have kinshasa open permanently. Used to be because I fly Jakarta kinshasa Lima and these 3 cities are quite evenly spread out. Now I use a different strategy and have a central twin-hubs at London-Paris, so all planes fly there. But I still keep Lima, Kinshasa and Jakarta (along with LA, NY, London, Paris, Tehran and Tokyo in the northern hemisphere) on a permanent basis. These cities cover the world map quite evenly so it's quite easy to get to whatever global event city Nimblebit chooses to select.

What a pretty plane :)

I have a anan-P part :( And someone else have a mapple (casting envious eyes).

17. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Vic, I received your mapple from Merlion. Thanks so much ! I shall name it Vic after you. How would you like me to color your plane?

18. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #10178 vicsark, Dec 18, 2012
    Got a new gift (20 Bux) from Nimblebit past 9 am here so 00:00 West coast.

Feels definitely like an advent calendar one gift a day thing, not @eeen 's boy fussing around with his daddy's servers :)

To those who got Concorde or C130 parts as gifts, I have everything to trade for (bobcat,P40, starship, blimp, balloon, huey, Sea Knight, Sequoia, Cyclone, Cloudliner...) and could be very generous ;)

19. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Lol, don't overdo it but "Bleu, Blanc, rouge" stripes seem appropriate ;)
    Straight line from ny to ikaluit!

20. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I just received 5 bux. Awww how sweet Nimblebit :)