Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    50 000

Maybe it's just @eeen's son who took control of Nimblebit servers and sends random gifts everywhere??
    :)

Attached Files:

2. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, yay Nimblebit! Good for you for sharing the Mapple love also! :)

Lol. Imagine? I hope they don't do takesies backsies! :eek:

3. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Congratulations!!!
    I am back at 36,552 (Thanks to the 10 bux I received from Nimblebit):rolleyes:

4. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I've given up on this event after doing about 250 jobs or so. It was really taking away from my prime route which, at my level, is probably the more important for the time being.

5. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    NimbleBit sent me an Anan part.

Yep yep yep, those have all happened to me.

During the Chengdu event, I managed to send my plane back-and-forth, and back-and-forth AGAIN, due to the delay in registering taps during one of those freezes , which doubled my flight time.

6. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    My only real rant so far is that 'unload all' SOMETIMES works, and sometimes just unloads SOME of your jobs so it's pointless!

7. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Yeah I get that too! When it works, it's great, but occasionally it will leave 1 job on the plane...

8. Spidubic

Spidubic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I just got a Pearjet-M from Nimblebit!

9. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    So strange people are getting different random planes and parts! I just got a Birchcraft part :-/

10. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I recon the random gifts today has something to do with the upcomming holidays, but that they accidently sent them out way to early.

That, or Nimblebit is celebrating something else like a birthday or release, etc...

11. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    i got a part for a cylclone-p :0

I can't even buy a cyclone-p in my market...

12. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    WTF

nimblebit just sent me a C130!!!

Merry Christmas PT

13. TheShark

TheShark Member

Nov 21, 2012
    I got 5 BUXs.

14. callme_jc

callme_jc Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    On the T-9 day of Christmas, Nimblebit sent me a Navigator-C engine...

15. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Hello to everyone at TA1

Hi all! I've been reading these threads for a while and decided it's time to de-lurk and say "Hi!" :D

I really love strategy games, and have found PocketPlanes somwhat addictive, so I have really enjoyed some great discussions here on planes and routes and strategies. At first terms like hub-spoke, "all Sequoias" and "bux runs" made no sense, but I'm slowing getting it.

I recently hit lvl 28 and so I'm finding out just how huge the Cloudliners are (and their effect on layovers). I have fleet of 19 M-planes - my favorites are the Sequoia and Aero as I don't have tons of time to play, but I also have a few Cyclones and Kangas. I'm trying to squeeze down my # of airports at this point (35->24 so far, targetting 12ish). I like trying different strategies so I actually run two unsycn'd games on my iPhone and iPad. The former runs a NA-EA route with mostly Sequoia's, the latter a SA-EA route with a greater mixture of planes. The first used feeder planes but I found it's too much work for me, so I like the self-feeding Sequoia plan better. I have yet to experiment with Bux-maximization, but will no doubt try that soon.

I just added my name to the TA1 spreadsheet :)
    Iqaluit is the first event I'm not ranked worse than 1000 - so I'm guessing many are sitting it out or not throwing too many planes at it. Currently ranked #21 with 188. Peanuts, I know, but still kinda cool. Was also cool that the Nimblebit freebie gift waiting for me today was a Concorde body!
    My GC id is: ltbaxter - feel free to add a friend request.

Ok, I have to admit, Slightlynorth's very generous offer helped me come out of lurker status. As an iPhone user I would love to get a Mapple. We've not connected before this round, so I guess I'll wait for round too, Slightlynorth. :p For other forum readers/newbies, I have an extra SeaKnight engine, some extra Huey parts and an extra hot air balloon engine if by some chance that will someone complete a rare-but-not-very-rare plane.

I'm really impressed by the friendliness and skill of the active posters in this forum - well played!

16. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    #10136 bgrim2day, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    I just got a part also.

Thank you, sir.

17. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Was a Cyclone part for me from NimbleBit. Either an M or a P part (I only had time to register the words "Cyclone" "part" and "NimbleBit" before the game crashed, and I now have two Cyclone parts so it was one of those!)

To the best of my knowledge I have requested or accepted friend requests for everyone on the TA1 spreadsheet, and yet there are still a number of blank names around me on the leaderboard. Are these all non-GameCenter people, or do we still have lurkers in the crew?

If you're in TA1 and on GameCenter, but haven't friended me, please do so. It makes it much more fun. GC = Relharn

18. Mxboyles

Mxboyles Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Hi.
    I have been sitting out this event as I thought my main routes were more important than 1 starship part, so losing my jobs won't be an issue. I have joined now, so will start adding people on game enter. Please add me, GC mxboyles! :)

19. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Lol, nice.
    i don't see anythg new in my hangar, although lot of planes so...
    I WANT A C130 TOO!
    (Or a Concorde)
    ;)

20. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Just the concorde for me and ill be on a mission for that.. i might even come top 10 on that event i want a fleet of concordes & my C130 :p