Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Looking for unique planes or parts plus advice

I have a fleet of 12 airplanes 2 pearjet-M, 1 aeroeagle-M, and 9 Kangaroo-M. Any advice?

I started just a couple events ago so I have 2 Huey controls and a Huey body if anyone wants to trade or needs them. I'm looking for any unique aircraft or aircraft parts - Starship, etc. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I can work it out. One day I hope to have bigger planes but level 18 and still working hard.

Give me a yell
    GC Supermomof13

LOL, my wife and I share the account so don't rib me too hard

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I always make my event planes red. Makes it easy to spot them in the list and launch then first when I'm in a rush.

3. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Yes. Yes you do! I took these shots a couple of weeks ago when there was an Elvis Convention and a Pirate Party a few hours apart:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Wow...at level 17, I can only dream of carrying that many people!

5. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #10005 vicsark, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    Nice pics!
    You got to love the attention to details from NimbleBit, even if you don't look at it, it's a tiny bit of cute fun everywhere.

BtW, Where are we on the Bux and plane slots competition?
    I'm at 48k now.
    And bought my 42nd slot with hard earned 52 000 000 coins. Next stop 57m coins o_O
    Not sure I'll exchange any time soon though.

Edit: just checked Merlion's Bux calc
    I could get to 53 slots exchanging my 48k Bux. #neverendingloadingplanesmadness

6. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Saint and Scholar

Vic you are the greatest. Thanks for the aircraft. Is there anything I can do for you? First-born male child - I have a few extra......lol. No?..... I really appreciate it though. You set the tone of the group and I for one like it.

Here I was quite proud that I had 12 working aircraft and level 18. That post and pictures had my eyes bugging out...incredible. Just the thought of managing that many aircraft, how long does it take just to assign one round....I'm assuming that many of them land before you get the last mission for the last aircraft assigned... a never ending cycle, and 50 some million dollars for the next plane slot? Holy Mackeral!

7. sdo62

sdo62 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I'm sitting on 62,754 bux and 32 plane slots - saving up for 75k bux which will be enough to get up to 60 plane slots (if my calculations are correct) which should be plenty to have a good selection of planes available.

8. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Morning All!

Quite incredible bux and slot numbers!

Well - feel like I had a good day yesterday. Expected to have dropped out of the top 5 but didn't expect to be within touching distance first thing in the morning. Think I have a good chance of top 5 now! Fleet building nicely now too (thanks for the help guys).

Still only 13 plane slots but now it's 3 Kanga-M, 1 x Sequoia-M and 9 x Aeroeagle-M so it's looking good

9. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Thinking about moving over to TA1

With the kind of people I'm seeing in TA1, I'm thinking the COOL potential is high with TA1.....what a great friendly group of people!

Interested in one more?

10. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Get involved matey! I can vouch for the fact it's a lot more interesting now with TA1 instead of just TA for sure

11. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Nice on Delhi to be down - that's basically screwed up my next hour completely!

12. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    #10012 rebartsch, Dec 14, 2012
    Currently at 42 plane slots and 66,166 Bux with 25,458,230 coins. Have no idea what I will do next...Most likely I will do something at 70,000 Bux....:)
    Cheers and have a great day all!

13. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Slave-driver Gus or robot Gus or one-man-show Gus (good enough to solo in Top10 world leaderboard) :D

Most of us ditch pearjets and go for sequoias when we reach lvl 22. Keep kangeroos and areoeagles for class 1 and class 2 global events.
    I didn't know that you're at lvl 18, same as jdrawmer. Hmm ... should put both of you in competition:
    Fullquiver+1 : guess what lvl jdrawmer will be at when this global event is over.
    jdrawmer: guess what lvl fullquiver+1 will be at when the global event is over.
    Winner wins a seaknight (vic want to sponsor?)

BTW, I googled around to see how many arrows fit into a quiver. There is no standard number although "an even dozen being the number most commonly alluded to in literature". Hence I dubbed you Fullquiver+1. And you have my highest regard for having lots of love to adopt a dozen international kids.

Vic, I'm at 34.5K bux. I am so much slower. Probably last week's inaction (PP-wise) contribute to my slowness toward bux collection.

How did you earn enough 52m coins ?? I actually made a loss in coins ... I had 100M+ coins after expansion and now I'm down to 99m :(

I second you ... Vic IS the greatest !

LOL sdo62 has 62K bux. You'll have to change your name to sdo75 soon :) BTW jiayou on the Top10 leaderboard. From the TA1 spreadsheet, looks like jdrawmer is trying to dislodge you :p

Come come. Note though ... when you switch flightcrew, you lost all the jobs that you've sent and have to start from zero.

14. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    #10014 jdrawmer, Dec 14, 2012
    I'm having a good blast! 6th in the event so far with a lot of playing time left today. Whether i'll achieve my top 5 is another matter but we'll see!

I'll guess at lvl 20 when the event is over for fullquiver

15. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Hey everyone! *waves to all the friendly new faces* I just wanted to add my welcome, it has been great fun being involved in TA1 since I delurked on the forum.

Been laying low the past couple of events, besides being busy in real life, I tried to tackle the Punta Arenas achievement since it was so close to Bariloche, AND the Nome to Wellington achievement at the same time! o_O

So, my blimp is still stuck in Nome, only half full of jobs to Wellington. Was using a blimp a bad idea? Any suggestions?

16. figment

figment Active Member

May 8, 2012
    I did that one with a blimp. It took awhile which was fun (I like the longer routes where you get a break). I ended up doing it again with the hot air balloon which was a reeallly long flight. Just wait to buy all the airports for the route until the blimp is full for Wellington.

17. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Is it normally this quiet on the forum nowadays? I guess there's a lot less players than there used to be...

18. spineth

spineth Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I wound up joining the event this time around, because I like the challenge. So yes, even though I'm on Android, I can still play on your team. I got to Rank #22, but I have to do other crap, can't sling planes all day, strangely.

It drives me a little crazy playing in the event across the world, but I can't cross the Atlantic yet. I'm at level 13 now, so I'll bet better planes soon, I think.

19. figment

figment Active Member

May 8, 2012
    #10019 figment, Dec 14, 2012
    Thank you for this. I started going after the local events last week. The first two events I opened routes for both showed 18+ hours left. Both disappeared loooong before then. That's weird they haven't fixed that, that's a pretty big bug. I gave up on the local events after that.

Gearing up for Santas sleigh has me back for now. After that though, readjusting the local reward is a great idea. 15 bux is way low for delivering 1,000 jobs. Especially since they only go max 12 hours. That's so far out of scale with the other ways to earn bux, it's not worth it.

I like the mystery part idea too. I would say only if they were class 3 or rare plane parts, and not determined by RNG. If I finished 3 of those events and ended up with 3 Supergopher controls, that would be it for me on the local events :)

Another thing they could do is increase the number of jobs and make it for a plane slot. Would love to see that.

20. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    It would be cool if each of these events required a different number of completed job and a different reward (based on the number of jobs required / class of airport). I'll probably tackle them eventually but DEFINITELY not because of the reward