Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    You got to love ferrying planes full of Elvises though! ;)

2. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #9982 Faye Valentine, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Thanks! I missed your news reports.

Edit:
    Ok, I thought I just added the TA1 spreadsheet link to my signature ... why can't I see it at the bottom of my post?

3. Mxboyles

Mxboyles Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Hi.
    Am new to touch arcade. Currently a member of the nimblewiki flight crew but are considering joining TA1. I play often, but do not let PP take over my life, haha! Just wondering if there is a certain place I should be looking to swap parts, or wether this thread is the place? :)
    Game centre name: mxboyles

4. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    WTF no newbies allowed, get outta my forum!

(Just kidding!) :)

Hey, I'm pretty sure you can't friend ppl from Android on GC.
    But I'm curious to know if you can join us at TouchArcade1.
    I guess it's possible as it's NimbleBit's agregating data.
    Let us know!

5. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Hey mate, good to see you back, fun read ;)
    1. 21
    2. you really don't wanna know!

Edit : sorry for the double post, tricky on TA app.

6. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Hoping to be a little higher than that :) I'm going to predict lvl 23 - for what it's worth, seeing as i'm in control of it...

Having a decent blast at the event though! I was hoping for top 5 - will see how i'm doing when I wake up tomorrow though...

7. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    #9987 RLangley91, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Cheers to all three of you. (I wanted to show people that, yes, you *can* have a park inside a building.)

I can't vouch for the others, but I live in Scotland - and I know there are others who are in Europe as well.

I'd love to see a flying graph. If only it *was* literal.

Don't they just? At one stage during the Jerusalem event, I had London, Paris and Madrid closed for various reasons, so I had an ever growing backlog of layovers stuck in New York whilst most of Europe was unaffected.

I agree to that - I was thinking of doing them, but then realised that 1000 jobs for 15 bux (or 67 jobs for 1 buck) was a bit of a rubbish reward. If only I had thought of that before I started the Bariloche event (that was the Fire global event where the prize was a "Super"gopher :rolleyes:).

8. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Ok so thought i'd start a little debate about plane colours (probably been done in one of the past 998 pages but hey ho).

I personally go for powder blue in full for event planes, yellow with a bit of white for my 'jobbers' that do what they like, a ridiculously bright red and blue for my (current) only trans-atlantic Seq, and my favourite so far is Black with a navy underbelly for my north american planes.

9. So...who here will get the 10,000th post on the topic?

I for one wish it wasn't someone who just constantly posts until it hits 10,000

10. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Pretty crazy to think there's been 10,000 posts about Pocket Planes!

11. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    I won, I won.

Oh wait, too early.:(

12. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    mine are all mainly gold with various trims.

13. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I used to color code by purpose. My event planes were primarily white. There were times when I made them blue to match the blue jobs. Except Sea Knights get to keep whatever random color they came in.

Right now my Bux planes (Sequoias) are Pink, Long Distance Floaters (Cyclones) are Orange, Event job picker uppers (Cyclones) are Red (but sometimes act as floaters). Event AeroEagles are white with some random color stripe. My daughter likes to repaint my planes ... but the color really doesn't matter since I can distinguish their purpose by plane type.

14. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I have twin center hubs, London and Paris. I have a couple of planes sitting in every city (except London and Paris) collecting bux jobs. They fly to Paris to layover global event jobs, then to London to drop off all other bux jobs. London and Paris have a dedicated plane each to collect bux jobs and drop off in the other.

BTW, if a job is generated in say London, flying it to Paris and back doesn't make the job become a layover in London. It can only be a layover in a city different from the one that generated the job.

Jiayou drawmer. I was going to predict at least lvl 25 since you're trying to be in top 5. :)

15. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Can I ask what this Jaiyou thing is?? I'll let you all know as soon as the event ends what lvl I am!

16. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Jiayou is a Mandarin phrase which literally means "add oil". It is used to encourage ppl to press on.

9999th post on page 1000 :)

17. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
  18. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    The start of a new era!

Ahhhhh that's cool! Glad I know that now :) And i certainly am pressing on!

19. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Bed time for me guys - this is my attempt to go to bed before midnight for the first time in years... Managing 5 past! Will probably drop off after 1000 event jobs

20. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    No bed! fly planes dammit!

Lol