Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    I was just preparing a post to tell you, and thanks for the kind words!

I had three hubs, because of the centralized nature of Jerusalem. Istanbul to the north fed by three sequoias, Cairo to the south fed by three sequoias, and Baghdad to the east, delivering via a sea knight, because I like sea knights. I also had 10 aeros filling in the gaps and trying to even out the hubs between passengers and cargo so that I could use almost exclusively mapples to deliver, of which I ended up using eleven. You can't control the balance of the occurrence of the jobs, but in a class 1 event, you can control the balance of where they are laid over...a very important part of the strategy, I think.

2. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    If you deliver a Mystery Part after the end of the event, do you still get the part? I got caught this time with a bunch laid over here and there. <like I need more Hueys>
    Thanks

3. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    #9943 jdrawmer, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    I would imagine if it still comes up as a mystery part, you will - when the event ends, event jobs just turn to normal ones so, if that was the case with them, the same would happen?

4. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Yes, you'll still get the parts. It just doesn't count towards the event total.

5. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I think I might sit this one out. Depends.

Anyways, Lvl 22 now, so Sequoias. I'm also tempted to put my Mapples, SKs, and my Mohawk pair in NA, and have Euroasia Class 3 only.

6. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    New and looking for insight

Hi all!
    Just joined the Flight crew two events ago. I've been playing solo for a couple weeks but have learned more in the last 2 days of being out here then all my time playing. The craft that show up in Airpedia had me really interested but I did not know until these forums that they were prizes. So I have read in some posts that you can trade parts ( at least gift them back and forth I believe). How does this work? I have a couple extra Huey parts that I would like to trade for something else (Starship, etc). I know trying to get into these events has forced me to expand my routes and has accelerated my leveling so it definitely keeps it interesting and reading your posts is teaching me a lot. Nice to be a part of the team.

I have 13 kids so I play when I can but wow this is addicting! Any insight would be very welcome, thanks to the upper echelon for help!

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Hello!
    Wait whaaaat? o_O

8. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Not just me that thought that then!?

9. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #9949 seattleheli, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Hey all,

Just joined the TA1 crew for this event. Been playing on the regular TOUCHARCADE crew but it's gotten rather boring with no challenge. Hopefully I can contribute a bit (only level 15), and we can start cutting away at TA for the #1 spot (in our dreams!).

My GC name is LZ.

10. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Yep 13 kids

International adopted - 4 kids Ukraine, 2 kids for Vietnam, 1 from Guatmala, 3 from Ethiopia, 2 from the States, and one mine. So needless to say it's pretty hectic normally so you find your fun where you can. So teach me all the ropes I'm very motivated and interested (and obviously a little insane.....LOL)

11. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    It's early days in the new event, and I'm making an increasingly rare appearance in the top 10.

I am missing names for #1 (who has a handy lead) and #5. Anyone help me out?

1: 838
    2: 468 SLIGHTLYNORTH
    3: 300 IGERERA
    4: 225 JDRAWMER
    5: 177
    6: 144 RELHARN
    7: 134 PERFECT TRUMPET
    8: 118 JH3210
    9: 103 JMAC 362436
    10: 97 TRAIN 2000

12. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Have a post on my strategy.

Euroasia has been converted into Class Three cities, so all my class ones were moved over to America. I still have a pair of Equinoxes there, so I'll probably switch them with Squoias. America has a mix of various cities for now. I may borrow Merlion's strategy and expand a bit up into Alaska. Replaced my Pearjet with a Squeoia as well. Not much of a strategy actually.

13. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    How do you tell if your Flight Crew is in an event?

Is Toucharcade involved in every Event? I was doing the Jersusalem one and when it ended I was automatically doing the China one. I noticed on the world events list there are other events going on. Is Toucharcade in every one? If so, how do you move to a different event? Is there some way to tell what the prizes are before you buy the airport where the event is happening?

Not that I don't need the bux bit I can earn 20 in a couple hours of play easy but I'm really interested in the different planes you can't buy.

So any clues you guys can spare?

14. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Fixed it for you

15. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Participation in a global event is automatic when you deliver at least one job to the current event city. All you do is fly blue coloured jobs to that city, and they will be added to your flight crew's total.

There are two Touch Arcade flight crews: TOUCHARCADE and TOUCHARCADE1. Most regulars here are in the latter crew.

To change crews and to see prizes for participating, go to "Flight Crew" from the menu screen. If you then tap on "Prizes" you will see what the top crews get. TOUCHARCADE always finish first by a mile, and TOUCHARCADE1 battle with NIMBLEWIKI for 2nd and 3rd.

The Prizes screen also lists the minimum number of jobs needed to qualify for a prize (usually 50). Every crew member who delivers at least that many jobs individually will receive the same prize. The prize is, of course, dependent upon the finishing position of the crew.

16. seattleheli

Nov 28, 2012
    Yes! Making progress - #10 on the TA1 crew right now, since I posted this a couple hours ago and started. :)

17. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #9957 vicsark, Dec 13, 2012
    For trading parts, you need to add the other person in GameCenter (iOs).
    Then go to parts, select a part and its Gift button, it opens a list of your GC friends. It costs between 1 and 3 Bux.
    Add me GC: Vic Sark
    I'll send u sthg

Welcome :)
    Added. Your GC is a bit more complicated than LZ. You should add us (list of TA1 members in the link in my signature)

18. seattleheli

Nov 28, 2012
    Weird, not sure how that happened. Changed my GC to "seattleheli" just as it is here. Thanks for the heads up!

19. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #9959 vicsark, Dec 13, 2012
    How do you do that btw?

Edit: Just saw Train2000 in my GC list at level...1 lol
    Happy Reboot mate!

20. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Looks like I dropped seriously overnight to 8th! Hopefully I can get in the top 5 that's my aim for this event even though i'm only lvl 18. Guessing some of the big guns aren't bothering with this one though?