Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I've been thinking about resetting my whole game to get back to these local events. I had the most fun playing PP when I was finishing the 44 events. Every morning I could wake up and see where I needed to reconfigure my planes for the day. This was after having enough coin and Bux to change up my routes more often.

The downside is that I'm on that Leaderboard pretty high, 210th out of 2 million for level, 116th in flights flown, etc... Plus all of the planes I've accumulated. I'll probably just switch my Train 2000 account over to my iPhone and start a new account on my iPad. Still thinking...

2. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    #9922 rebartsch, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Train2000,
    Wait for the next big update to decide...You gotta believe NimbleBit will be adding new events, new planes, new everything to keep this game fresh for all the Pocket Plane fanatics...If they don't it is going to get real boring for us all.
    Cheers and have a great day!!!

3. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I just updated Pocket Planes with the last update from Nov 27. Is it my imagination that it is more responsive (less sluggish) than before? I should have updated this WEEKS ago!

Actually, it's dudette. :D You must have started the game from scratch, I could have sworn you were in the level 30s.

Have you taken a look at the link to Pegmage's Sequoia plan? It's nice if you don't want to constantly sit there pushing feeder planes around. I use this method on and off because I don't have the time to babysit feeders for the spoke/hub layover configuration (big cities at far ends of a route taking layovers from nearby airports).

Right now I have 7 Sea Knights delivering Jerusalem jobs and 8 Cyclones picking up Jerusalem jobs from anywhere between LA and Seoul, and dropping them off in Cairo. The 7 Sea Knights may get hangared and replaced with AeroEagle if the next event is at a Class 2 airport.

Try to go for Red (class 3) cities, and less Blue (class 2) and Grey (class 1) cities.
    Try to keep few airports (better job pool, easier to fill up plane for 25% cash bonus) and spread them as far apart as your airplane range allows (more profitable jobs).

I would try to close Phoenix, Dallas, and Atlanta. I realize you needed these cities due to lack of range in those early starter planes. You can open Chicago, an AeroEagle should be able to to the LA - Chicago - NY hops. Upgrade the Class 3 cities you want to keep longterm.
    If I recall correctly, a 3x range upgraded AeroEagle will do the NY - London hop in about half an hour.
    Send me a GC request (Faye Valentine QOH) and I'll send you a plane to play with.

Coins & Bux are tight in the early levels. I would suggest holding off on buying/upgrading the planes you will unlock in the next 2 levels … Equinox unlocks at level 12, Pearjet unlocks at level 14.
    AeroEagles unlock at level 16, these are great workhorses that will stay with you even when you're at level 50. :)

It's so nice to see your name on the Leaderboard again. :D

4. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Sorry about the gender mistake! Could PROBABLY have guessed that one if I was paying attention!!

Sounds good - I'll take a look at that. Hoping to try and develop my own strategy though, if I can play around with it enough. So far so good though!

And yes I did start again. Was about 80th or something in the level rankings but was getting tired of my setup and to change it would have been horrific.

Enjoying it a lot more this time I think! Getting more involved with events and stuff.

Surprised there's enough jobs for 7 planes to do but fair play! About to install my third plane dealing with event jobs which should be enough for my current 13 plane max. I'm making nice profit (400k per day apparently!), enjoying it more and not having to deal with planes that aren't full all the time!

5. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I've been thinking this for awhile, how long do we wait? Anybody know if an update is coming?

6. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Well Faye has 8 Cyclones (fast & high capacity) delivering event jobs from various cities to Cairo, and with advertising on (I assume), so I'm sure the layovers pile up quickly. The Sea Knights aren't very fast either...

I've had cases where the event jobs weren't being delivered fast enough, and I had planes sitting there waiting for layover space to unload their passengers & cargo!

7. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. It's all about finding the right balance and i'm sure you've all been doing a LOT of events since i've been gone for the past <lord knows how many months>.

3 seems to be doing the trick for me at present, which I guess also makes sense considering I only have 10 other planes.

Think events is the thing I missed out on last time. It gives that change-up every few days that you need to keep the game kind of fresh. I didn't really bother unless it was a plane i wanted or some good bux before.

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I don't bother anymore. As soon as it gets cranked up in layovers, I boost the Sea knight/Mapple... a few times to empty up space.
    It only costs 1 Bux on short round trips (about less than 10 minutes)

Great finish for TouchArcade1 strong second with 49.7k jobs ahead of Nimblewiki at 42k and behind TA at 253k.
    HarmoniaMundi aka the king of Mapples wins this one. Congrats mate!
    Close race for 8 to 10th spots with the comeback of FabulousNorthMan ;)

Not very big overall stats though I guess ppl need new planes to get excited about, I'm swimming in Hueys...and I'm not the only one I figure!

Attached Files:

9. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    The leaderboard with names!
    Edit : notice that Faye said a few hours ago that she wouldn't have time to play but somehow added 1000 jobs lol

Attached Files:

10. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Ditto exactly!

11. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    You beat me to the Leaderboard screenshot. :p

I wanted to ask who is that at #5 ... please raise your hand!

12. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #9932 vicsark, Dec 12, 2012
    What was your setup for this one mate?
    I had 4 Mapples doing Istanbul/Jerusalem
    And 5 SK and a Roo P doing Cairo/J.
    1 Cloud P and one C filling up with Jerus. Jobs in London and the same in Paris, then dropping in Ist. or Cairo.

New event : Biz meeting in Chendu, 25bux
    Class 2 with a lot of red airports nearby, I'm sitting this one out...

13. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Loving it! Much better than just playing under TouchArcade, doing the 50 then scrapping it!

Finished 31st in the end after only joining a few hours ago which i'm happy with. Reckon even at this early stage I could do a thousand or two over the course of a full event.

Anybody want a huey? :p

14. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #9934 vicsark, Dec 12, 2012
    Well, tbh...

15. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Haha! Genius.

16. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    And I think I'll join you. (Especially as I haven't got any airports anywhere near there.)

PS - How do you take screenshots?

17. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Don't think this event could be any better suited to my early setup!

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Press lock and home button at the same time :)

19. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Hold the 'Home' button and press the lock button while the home button is held down. Saves straight to your camera roll

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    On the IPhone? Press Home and Off buttons at the same time, it takes a pic.
    The on TA app, submit reply, add an attachment, upload your pic