Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Nice. I hear New York is nice this time of year! Lol

2. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Haha. Hopefully i'll be jumping across the Atlantic in a day or so

3. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Well I've just added everyone from the list to my GC! That took a while!

4. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    welcome back to pocket planes :D

5. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Thanks! I intend on being here longer this time and hopefully not let it eat into my life so i still enjoy it for longer too!

6. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    ugh. redownloaded and hooked again. had to start over, which is a total bummer but fun at the same time.

7. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Join the club :p

Was about 60th in the world when I quit playing before. Has been enjoying starting from scratch though

8. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    How is everyone doing with those periodic events like college party here you have to collect 1000 jobs over time? I haven't started any in earnest, only what happens in connection with whatever else I'm trying to accomplish...only have like 300 some on each one. Has anyone finished them all?

9. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    As you can probably gather from my previous posts i've just started back up again - I sometimes just happen to be doing them without noticing. The rewards aren't really worth putting any real effort in, although I guess over time when you run out of things to achieve it could be worth a blast.

Currently got 56 for the Paris Costume party and 9 for the Delhi College party

10. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    yeah! forgot about how great this game was. I never played with much strategy...

So if anyone has some advice for a level 10 player who started in the western US. I'd love to hear it. expanded to NY

currently own SF, Phoenix, dallas, atlanta, NY and Boston..
    ....and Guatemala, I felt bad that we didn't offer any international travel : ]

11. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    My only real suggestions nowadays are, don't overdo it with the number of airports (because then you'll dilute your available jobs which makes filling planes in one go more difficult), and go for class 3 'ports as soon as you can really. The better planes you get, the more you can spread airports out by closing and re-opening ones a little further away

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    oh and also. anyone have this synced between and iphone and a wifi iPad?

i'm getting an ipad 4 next week and then going on a road trip for the holiday's. wondering if they sync up and if it would be wise to play on the ipad in the car considering it is only wifi...

maybe the game needs an internet connection? ha I dont know.

help!

13. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Showing the next event as the same city prize. Guess I have another 4 days off!

14. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I can't wait to get my Huey + 10 BUX later today. BEST DAY EVER!

15. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Just got my first mystery part! :D

16. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    It hasn't changed over yet, still a little under 4 hours left.

17. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    How many out of their fleet do people dedicate to the events? I've only got 12 planes at the minute, and as it's currently so close to one of my already established class 3s, i've only dedicated 2 but hoping to get 3 Kangaroos set up for the next one

18. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    #9918 green_paper, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    It really depends on what stage you're at (i.e. your level, # of planes at your disposal, if you don't care about coins anymore, etc.).

Currently I have 28 plane slots:

• 7x Aeroeagle Ms that collect Bux jobs and leave them as layovers at a neighbouring airport
    • 16x Sequioa Ms that deliver jobs to their destinations (usually with the bonus), or bring event jobs to the closest class 3 city
    • 5 class 1 planes (3x Mapple, Mohawk P+C) delivering event jobs to Jerusalem. These can be replaced by Aeroeagles from the hangar if the event is at a class 2 city.

You could say that I have as many as 21 planes devoted to the current event - or if I'm feeling really competitive and it's a class 3 city, then sometimes I use my entire fleet!

19. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I've got 15 planes total and have 4 planes dedicated to the event: Kangaroo-C/P, Huey, Mohawk-C. My routes are not at all optimized for this since I added Cairo and Jerusalem.

Most of my airports are in the Americas but thinking about how best to transition more long-haul at Level 22. Current airports: Jerusalem, Cairo, Barcelona, London, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Monterrey, Mexico City, Guatemala, Lima, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and San Francisco. I was more interested in expansion than anything at the beginning.

Anyway, any thoughts on how to get more optimized? I have one fogbuster-P (bought before i found this forum), and the various pearjet, birchcraft, aeroeagles...

thanks,

t

20. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Intriguing stuff! I've got a strategy in my head but its going to take some time to implement. Want to have a long route set up in some way, whether it's SA --> Asia or NA --> Asia, and then have 1 airport close to each of the class 3's for that route, which are just dedicated to running ANY layovers / bux jobs to the one it's close to, and dropping off a full plane on the way back.

Then a few planes running bux jobs as you describe, just to the nearest airport to keep as layover then the rest just doing whatever they please, running from 'port to 'port picking up full loads.

Then a few planes doing the events.

Should be a lot better than my previous strategy which was to have one main journey (from end to end) and 2 hubs filling up these 'ends' with layovers. It just meant I had to play constantly to keep those layovers full for the bigger planes. Hopefully that shouldn't be the case with this plan.

I've basically got every plane dealing with the event in some way this time, picking up and dropping off layovers at Istanbul.