Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    lol, twitter magic!

Attached Files:

2. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    [delurking] As a longtime lurker, I really appreciated your post & the stats.

If I had to guess, I'd say the answer to your question is in your very own post. To most avid PP players, new planes (valuable or not) are a huge lure & completing the Airpedia is an essential goal. You, too, are a collector! You may stop at one but for many here having a whole fleet of Concordes might represent a wonderful challenge & challenge is the name of the game, the essential incentive, in this forum.

[relurking]

3. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    For about 15 minutes, I was getting only passenger jobs in blue, and cargo in white...I guess the menorahs were temporarily on backorder...it is the holiday season after all. Good thing I didn't start changing over my fleet. Lot of curveballs from Nimblebit today.

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Haha backorder :)

5. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Where is everybody today?

6. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Sick with the flu and spending much time sleeping. Suffering from holiday and work stress. At least I can still fling some planes to Jerusalem from my bed. Please drop off some medicine, pho & sriracha sauce in San Francisco if your plane is headed that way.

I had a question for everybody ...

Does anybody actually use a fleet of Hueys?
    Or just keep one to complete their collection?

7. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I don't use Huey's but my friend does for class 1 events because he has painted them green and made them part of his M*A*S*H 4077 fleet. :)

8. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Oh just for those who like to know, the lowest on the jobs list I can see is 7 jobs in spot#48.

9. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    I was so excited to get a Huey but After flying it a couple times I was very disappointed. I'd rather fly Kangaroos or SeaKnights.

10. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Also, hope you feel better soon. Nimblebit should definitely add Sriracha sauce to the cargo list :)

11. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Pretty much all the "bonus" planes you get from the events are like that. The hot air balloon and blimp do have their uses because they're so light, though.

12. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Why? There's no achievement for it and you don't get any bux for having a complete set.

I saw what you did there.

13. simtom

simtom Member

Jun 18, 2012
    E.U.
    Hey, I'm last! :)

14. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Updated the spreadsheet - who's in 3rd place right now with 1413 jobs?

15. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    [relurking for clarification]

You are soooo asking the wrong person, RLangley91! I'm NOT (yes, all caps!) an avid gamer nor am I a power gamer. I fell into one of NB's games, Pocket Frogs, through a black hole ripped in the universe by someone's errant hangnail. There I was surprised to see many gamers whose primary goal was indexing 100% of the 36,800 frogs. So many generous people gifting frogs to people who just said, "I need," or "Can you send me?"

No "bux" doesn't mean no reward. It's the thrill of the game & concocting a great stategy. It's the wonderful collaboration as well as the concurrent competition. It's the community & the camaraderie. And more.

Yeah, it doesn't get you "bux" but some things are "priceless."

[re-delurking]

16. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I have a blank name for #3 with 1674 jobs. Probably the same person you are looking for.

17. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Jerusalem jobs have gone white again??

Anyone else seeing this? Looks like SNAFU at Nimblebit again...

18. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    My jobs that came up 2 minutes ago are still blue. I'll let you know what happens in 2 more minutes.

19. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Yup. Okay Mr. or Ms. 3rd place, speak up! Who are you? :) And thanks for helping TA1!

20. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    #9880 Merlion, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    Got the blues again. Thx for checking :)

EDIT: Funny, just noticed a plane I'd filled up with white Jerusalem jobs and parked for the time being, now has blue coloured jobs on board again... Weird!