Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Im back in the game in a last ditch effort to keep it on my phone, and the jobs arent blue and it seems that no other flight crew is showing up. Glitch?

2. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    Glad to see you back Kit :)

Seems a major glitch atm.

I'm just trying the only thing I haven't re jobs atm (sending normal jobs out of Jeruselum) if that fails I'm just goin to wait for NB to flick the blue switch.

3. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Nope. Same here. Delivered a mystery part along with a couple of whites but none showed up on the leader board. Idjuts.

4. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    I've sent stuff both into and out of Jerusalem and nothing's counting. I guess we just have to wait for NB to flick the switch, but - with it being *works it out* 3.40am in the American west coast - this may be some time this afternoon/evening.

5. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    New to the Team and Clueless

Hi all!
    I just joined and waded in on the South America event. Came in at position 64 for the first time, so am happy with that considering the posts I have read - wow you guys are way far ahead in the planes and level, it's daunting. Can someone tell me how the prizes get handed out? I believe I may have got something - I think. Where do they appear, how does this work?
    Also is there a tried and true method for starting these events? I'm USA (and South America after the event now) and want to wade in on the Jerusalem event but trying to figure out how to get started WAY over there.

Thanks

6. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    I'll bet it was a NB screw-up, but it would be cool if the event jobs came from only certain cities, or one city. The fact that MP are out there makes me think they messed up.

7. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

The prizes are handed out automatically at the end of the event, in my experience usually an hour or so after closing. So for the last event you should have automatically had a new Supergopher parked in your hangar.

I would say that getting loads to Jerusalem for the USA rather depends on the planes you have at your disposal. You say that you are new to the group but not the level at which you are playing. If you have planes with enough range then I would say that you could easily set up a hub in probably Cairo or Tehran, park some class 1s in there and ferry across with your bigger stuff. You would also need an entry point which again would depend on your planes. When operating class 2s I ran Boston or New York into Madrid, and then changed to New York to London or Paris when I went class 3 only.

I hope some of this helps.

8. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

Now the leader board shows a group in first with 12 jobs delivered, how ??
    Nimblebit really must have screwed up big time on this one

9. benster

benster New Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Jerusalem event

None of my Jerusalem jobs are coming up blue. :confused:

10. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I skipped the Bariloche event entirely, and now it seems that NimbleBit is skipping the Jerusalem event...

(not that I want another Huey but at least it's slightly usable unlike, say, a SuperGopher)

11. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Not Alone: reply to Snowbird

Oh, good! I'm SO glad I'm not alone!!! For the previous job we just finished, I joined the #Nimblebit flight crew because I wanted (and NEEDED) the 20 bux and not a stupid Supergopher. I think "we" ended up in 20th place or something, going as far up as 17th place so I'm pretty sure that's an excellent strategy that I'll start using.

(that is, if the 1st place prize is something lame, I'll join another flight crew - probably Nimblebit - to earn a different prize for that round, then return to #TouchArcade)

ANYWAY - I'm sitting here playing the game at almost 8am in Colorado - and notice that #TouchArcade isn't number one?!?!?! Currently we're ranked #3! This is unheard of! At first I thought there was something wrong because I just switched back to the crew. So I Googled it and found Snowbird's post. THANK GOODNESS! :D I'm like, WHERE ARE ALL THE JOBS?! :confused::confused::confused:

Anybody else having this issue???

(btw I joined the forum like 5 minutes ago JUST so I could reply to his post! lol) :p

12. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    btw, who's the person who managed to deliver 2 jobs?

13. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    #9853 RLangley91, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    Neither are mine - and it's annoying, since I've got several planes waiting in Istanbul to ferry jobs to Jerusalem.

Somebody at NB has really dropped a clanger on this one.

14. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Anybody check the Mac app yet?

15. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    NM...no luck.

16. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Jobs! I take it back...

17. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Blue jobs for Jerusalem just show up for me. Looks like this event maybe up and running.

18. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    And it looks like people only event.

19. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    Just had a tweet back off one of the guys (Tim) saying fix should be rolled out within the next hour... That was 15 minutes ago. :)

20. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Nope, there's items too: I've just had a look and there's a menorah that wants delivering.