Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. sir_robert_72

sir_robert_72 Well-Known Member

I would echo those thoughts. I have a good chunk of my fleet built around the Sequoia. They're relatively cheap to add and upgrade and will do a good job. I do have Cyclones also but they are much more expensive to add and upgrade and don't really give me much more than the Sequoia. Don't bother with the Tetra, I added one and withdrew it very quickly. The Cloudliners are very expensive and not really worth the effort for the profits they generate.

As regards Bux collection I have 4 planes currently dedicated purely to that job, I'm still hedging my bets and collecting coin jobs with other planes. My Bux planes simply sit until full with whatever Bux jobs come along they are then ferried back to London when they are sorted into a plane load for one particular city and sent on their way. I'm not going for Bux collection like some guys on here but this has brought me around 4500 Bux in the last week since I implemented this strategy which I've been quite happy with. :)

2. sir_robert_72

Have to agree, if the reward was a Sequoia then it would really be a 'reward', a good prize and well worth some serious effort to get it. I would certainly have different attitude as I'm sure would others. The issue here is not the move from mystery planes to regular but that the reward should be reasonable for the level of effort involved, a Supergopher just isn't. Perhaps this would be for a real easy class 3 based challenge, but for a class 1 there needs to be something more. Maybe this could be a way forward, no more random rewards but the reward is tailored to match the level of the challenge, the greater the challenge the higher the reward. Also perhaps if NB want to go this way then perhaps the rare planes could start to appear in the market place? I guess they could just come in occasionally and with a price premium but this would be a natural progression if regular planes are to become challenge rewards. As for the truly random mystery part, brilliant idea, that really would add some fun waiting to see what you had. Just like being a kid at Christmas, all over again :D

3. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Excellent ideas All!

What I would kinda of like to see them add...

Say you have a flight from L.A. to Tokyo and it is full with a 25% bonus. The flight takes 1 Hour and 10 min. But now you have the option to "multiply" the Bonus to 50% but the plane now take 2 Hours and 20 min.

Cheers and happy flying all!!!

4. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I could see taking advantage of such a feature during the last take offs before I go to bed.

TA1 is trailing again ... just by a bit.
    1. 62,022 TA
    2. 10,227 ??????
    3. 9,631 TA1

5. sir_robert_72

Another top idea, it could also come in handy to get some flights out before settling down to a mornings grind in the office. I really hope somebody connected with NB is reading this stuff

6. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    #9806 RLangley91, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    I'm sitting this challenge out, so I'm looking at several other crews (well, I had taken four jobs to Some Argentinian Place before I discovered that it was a crappy Class 1 plane). The first one I looked at was the Nimblewiki crew, and that's who's second.

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    TouchArcade1 now second with 300 jobs more than nimbleWiki :)

Attached Files:

8. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    You didn't show the worldwide leaderboard, just the in-team leader board... Oops...

9. <(TIMO)>

<(TIMO)> Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Concorde / C-130 Hercules

I am curious as to why so many people are looking forward to the release of the Concorde and C-130 parts/planes. Is it simply to complete their "museum sets" and/or to fly something new and different?

Analysing their stats, they both appear to be inferior with respect to operational efficiency compared to planes in their respective size/class categories.

Both planes have uneven passenger/cargo distributions, 6p/2c for the Concorde and 4p/6c for the C-130.

The C-130 stats compared to sequoia are identical except for a slight speed advantage of 10mph that leads to lower profits/flight.

The Concorde stats mimic a bloated Starship (great to collect coins and bux watching it fly) but an operational nightmare to turn a positive profit given its starting weight and speed.

I am personally just going to collect one of each as I did with the Starship, find a cool looking pilot/paint job and bench them accordingly :D

My 2c

10. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Dear and most esteemed Timo,

You are sooooo Right. These are wise words. Couldn't agree with you more. And I have a solution for you to get rid of all those mystery parts that will clog up your warehouse after the Concorde and Herc events: send them all to me. Trust me, I will take good care of them. My GC is Merlionine.

And to all the rest of you: stay away. I thought of this first :)

Cheers,
    M.

11. Merlion

Jun 24, 2012
    #9811 Merlion, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    Anybody have the same impression that I have, that mystery parts come thick and fast in this event?

I had three mystery parts even before I delivered a single Bariloche job. (Admittedly I had a slow start, having trouble motivating myself to start and gopher it.)

Even now, I've barely cleared 50 jobs and the tally is five mystery parts. This is unheard of. And of course it has to happen when they're gophers. God forbid it'll ever rain Sea Knights like this.

Am I alone in this, or are we all showered in parts?

Cheers,
    M.

PS Supergophers, anyone?

12. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I have 13 Gopher-P parts. Don't remember how many I started out with, certainly had at least 3 to build 1 plane, so I must have collected 10 or less during this Bariloche event. I haven't made any great effort to hunt down mystery parts. Must say that the Advertising Agency is doing a wonderful job this time around.

13. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    I have seen ZERO mystery parts during this event.

Aside from that I am thinking that if/when there is an event that features a plane I want I shall only use cargo planes. Don't want to miss any mystery parts because I focused on passengers.

14. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Taquin va ;)

TA1 Still second, 400 jobs advance over NimbleWiki
    Packing it up. Hope we'll stay 2nd. :)
    Cheers guys

Attached Files:

15. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    That's what I've been thinking, I've delivered loads.
    Anyways, today was a very productive day for me. Literally spent all day playing PP. (Had no wifi and nothing better to do, I just got home.)
    Put 1500 bux in the bank and upgraded London to level 3 (already 2), NY to level 2, and three more plane slots. 500k left, which I'll save for another plane slot. Did loads of delivering as well.

Has anyone noticed that hangar'd planes keep their upgrades now? Pulled out my two Mohawks today and they were still fully upgraded. Must have not been paying attention to updates.

16. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    #9816 Number1Ump, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    Just under 3 hours to go and still hanging 2nd. I'm packing it up also with 2603 moved.

Attached Files:

17. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Nobody else noticed this? Very funny, Merlion!! :p

18. Merlion

Jun 24, 2012
    Thanks, Paper. I call this Pearls Before Swine :)

Happy Huey Hanukkah, by the way! Jerusalem here we come, another full plane event. Don't want to nag but Happy Herc Hanukkah would've sounded even better...

Cheers,
    M.

19. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    None of my Jerusalem jobs are coming up blue. Anyone else have this issue?

20. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Hanukkah celebration in Jerusalem for a Huey and 10 Bux. More mystery parts!

The issue I have right now is that none of the Jerusalem jobs are blue. The event is only 5 minutes old so it may need time to get the event rolling properly, but I can't recall this happening to me before, even this early in the piece.