Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    Had the same reaction about the Supergopher. I think I am gonna go for it just because. Didn't do the last event and used the time clean up my airports.

Here is my question though, are the mystery parts random or are they just Supergopher parts? If Nimblebit made such a thing 100% random I'd ALWAYS participate in those events.

I, too, await the blessed Concorde!!

2. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    I already got a mystery part. It's for .... Wait for it .... A SUPERGOPHER. :p

3. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm really curious what they are waiting for on the Concorde and Herc. I don't see the point in this long drawn out wait they are putting us through.

This game basically stops past level 28. No more airplanes, only bux collecting and money making / route optimizing. This can only be fun for so long before it just gets boring and I want to move on.

I also fear that once they DO release these planes, they will be released in parts instead of whole IE the last starship event.

I think a better model for this game would be to award the higher end airplanes for achievements. Hell, even if the achievement was super difficult it would still give you a defined goal and you would KNOW when you're getting them. Also, additional airplanes every couple months would be cool, IE fighter jets, vintage planes, more warbirds, famous planes ( spruce goose, spirit of st louis, tri plane, blackbird, x1, etc)

But then again this is just a game on a phone. Maybe its unreasonable to expect such continued content. Either way its been a ton of fun and easily the best game / longest run ive ever had on a phone. It's just frusterating to see it miss its fullest potential.

Rant over! :)

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Give them to the new people to pp :) it might help

5. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    #9765 green_paper, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    Well look on the bright side - at least the higher level players can focus on Bux collecting for the duration of this event... :)

I agree with your rant. :) I haven't bothered with the local events cuz the reward of 15 bux for doing 1000 jobs is a joke!

However, I wanted to add that the Starship was offered as a complete plane during an event in July (before I figured out the global events thing though). Back then, you only needed 5 jobs to qualify!

6. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012

Hmm this is good to hear, I wonder why they only offered parts for the following one then? I'm on android so I didn't even have the game until it was ported over ( end of September-ish IIRC)

Gives me a bit of hope though on the concorde and herc!

7. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Watch out Faye here I come.

Lol

8. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    I would love to. You newbies hit me up. I have some birch craft, navigator, airvan and wallaby parts.

9. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I'm not a newbie:)
    I meant give them to newbies

10. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Sigh... Ditto on my end. :(

LOL. They prolly wouldn't want them either, and I'd feel bad about trying to hand off those planes.

Ah the good old days....

Dayum! I better step up onto the curb before all you hardcore players run me over! You raced up to #2 while Number1Ump shot up to #1.

11. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Surely they meant to offer a full P-40 rather than the awesome amazing superdupergopher-p.

12. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    What problems are you having in making your class 2 planes viable? Not enough profit, cost too much to build?

You might be expanding your reach too fast - that costs a lot of coins. How many cities do you have open, and which ones?

At your level you can buy Aeroeagles. With no range upgrades, an Aero will make the southern trans-Atlantic crossing from Rio/Sao Paulo to Kinshasa/Lagos. With 1 range upgrade, you can make the northern crossing between Boston and Madrid.

If you're low on coins, here's something to try:

1. Open Buenos Aires, Rio (or Sao Paulo), Lagos, and Istanbul.

2. Close every other city you have open - the fewer cities you have open, the faster you will fill your planes to get the 25% bonus.

3. Buy at least one Aeroeagle, but preferably two. If you have 12 Mohawk Cs, you might as well buy Aeroeagle Cs. Place it in Buenos Aires.

4. Fill the Aero with only Istanbul jobs. Fly to Istanbul - it's a 48-minute flight and you'll earn over 4000 coins net profit - and fill up with Buenos Aires jobs.

5. Meanwhile, if your Mohawks are in South America, run them (full) between Buenos Aires and Rio. It's not a huge profit, but it's still 548 net profit for a 10-minute flight. That adds up.

Once you've built up your coin reserves, go ahead and do something more interesting!

As of yesterday, it still happens for me on the Mac version.

My reaction exactly. I got out of a meeting, went to see the new event... seriously?

I have a ton of work to do this week; thanks to this ridiculously inadequate prize, there is one fewer distraction to get in the way.

13. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    #9773 Merlion, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    I've been thinking about a different strategy. Step out of TA1 for the duration and set up my own crew, MerlionAir. Shouldn't be too difficult to end up somewhere in the 3-10th range. Avoid mystery parts, you don't have to take 'em. Go for the max bux prize. Duck the gopher. (Or was it the other way around? I forget.)

But I couldn't bring myself to do it. Leave TA1? Argh.

Cheers,
    M.

14. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    #9774 Timey, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    I'm tempted to open up two Class 3 airports and the event city to try out a mystery part strategy. Only problem is the cost of opening them up, and the lack of spare airplanes. Also getting the class one airplane out when the event is done.

If anyone's got spare Mapples, hit me up and I'll see what I can offer you. All airplanes up to level 20 and a full Huey, for specifics.

EDIT: Against my better judgement, I opened up Mexico City and the event city (can't remember it's name) and decided to start stocking up on event jobs. Guess what turned up at New York. DARN YOU MYSTERY PARTS. *shakes fist*

15. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I already have a Supergopher. I could actually use 10 bux, though.

16. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Seriously? You really are that bus-poor? Oops, LOL, typo, I meant bus-poor, but my computer autocorrected...Oops, again, WTF, gonna watch out now, I meant buX-poor.

17. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    lol its weird its like i have different times for doing internet from everyone, everytime i come one here i check the two PP threads and when I leave I'm "monopolizing" everything cos my name shows up on both, and that every time for at least an hour...

18. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I don't know what some people are doing with the TA1 spreadsheet but the Forum Name (column A) and GC Name (column B) no longer match up.
    And I had to insert a line for Nokitano because it somehow got deleted from column B. !!!
    So... When looking at ranking for Hobart, use the GC name since rank was entered for that. (because Coumn A was hidden during the event).

There should be no need to manually move stuff around. Just use the "sort column" feature. :)

19. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I noticed that this afternoon. I didn't know what was going on. :confused:

20. jayorros

jayorros Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Homer Simpson playing Pocket Planes:

"Woohoo!!! A Superghopher-P!....................................................Doh!!!!"