Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Just out of curiosity: Does anybody know why it costs less to buy the individual parts - and to put the parts together - than it does to buy the plane in one piece?

2. Matt-B089

Matt-B089 Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Purely because it takes longer to gather all the needed parts then to simply buy the plane there and then.

3. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    This is stupid. Every time I try to launch the Mac version of the game, it overwrites my iCloud save file with a new one with a reset game. I have deleted that manually from iCloud, synced my save file from my iPhone, verified the save file is a beefy 245kb in iCloud, launch the Mac version, and...

It overwrites my save file with an 18kb version every damn time.

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    ...delete all pp files apart from the one you want and try that
    Also log in same GC account
    Ps:if this works feel free to send me a mapple ;)

5. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    Do you use PP on a Mac?

6. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    No I just have 2 iOS devices and when I did that it worked so I thought it might work on mac that's why I want a mapple you can't get them on iPhone

7. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I have also had issues playing on my iMac, though not the same problem I think.

I mostly play on my iPhone, but occasionally if I'm on my computer at home (and not playing Minecraft), I'll fire up PP. I use the same Game Center ID for both devices. Inevitably, the game coming up on the Mac will be an older save. However after one or two times closing and re-opening the app (sometimes the closure is not voluntary) it loads the most recent save file from when I played on the iPhone.

The main issue for me is going back to the phone afterwards. The last couple of times I played on the Mac (for about half an hour or so), that progress was either not saved to the cloud properly, or my phone wouldn't load it properly, as I lost all the progress I had made while on the Mac.

Even though my phone said it was loading from the cloud (and sometimes it stayed on the "this is taking a long time" screen for a, well, long time), it's sometimes a roll of the dice as to whether it picks up from where the Mac left off.

Not particularly helpful I know, but all I can suggest is what worked for me on the Mac: take note of the progress on your phone, then close and restart the app on the Mac until it matches.

8. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I haven't been on here in weeks. I've been so lazy I can't even bother to open PP anymore. I'll o it out of extreme boredom and send out my two Cloudliners between L.A, N.Y, Istanbul and Beijing and thats it. I still check prizes and such but I don't feel the rush anymore...

Also, my GC name has changed to _imorange, just saying..

You might see me in a plane event here or there but thats about it.

Keep flying high!

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Not sure it helps but here's how I sync my game between my iPad and iPhone.
    You obviously need the same version on both, I dunno for the Mac if they have the same updates?
    This is my routine syncing :
    - shut down completely the app on both devices on the taskbar.
    - reopen the one with the latest save and check that it syncs with GC (popup)
    - open PP on he other device, if it doesn't sync, exit and reopen. if it still isn't syncing, shut it down, and open it again.
    - if it still doesn't work, rinse and repeat from beginning until it syncs.
    - once sync is ok, shut down the app on the device you're not using as a precaution.

The key is o ALWAYS check your coins and Bux numbers are the same on both devices and that the same plane is on both screens.
    I sometimes have the plane syncing but not the bux and coins. it needs another exit/open round.
    And NEVER play on an old save if you have played on the other device and not synced. I lost a few prizes and gifted parts that way.

It works well in the end, but it almost always a few tries.

10. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Wondered where you got buddy... missed you reports and news flashes and hey your not allowed to get bored :p

i added your new name but dude stay active :)

11. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I hear ya, for me it is more like just going thru the motions, but it is a great way to kill time while waiting for something (quite like how Tiny Tower is for idle time) ... It sure makes waiting in line at Costco more bearable, or when queued up behind slowpokes at the gas station.

12. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Slowpokes sound easy
    You could be stuck behind slowbros...

13. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    The saga continues... Apparently a lot of people have the same problem I am having (Mac version refuses to load save data and instead overwrites it on iCloud) according to the app reviews on the Mac App Store.

So I decided to start playing a fresh game on my Mac (with sync turned off, of course) and created a new GC account (MoreNorth) so I could farm Mapple parts for myself. However, I can't see MoreNorth in my list of friends when I try to gift starter planes to get that account going. ARGH!

Is there a limit to the number of friends you can see in the gift parts screen?

14. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Add me DannyTheElite and try that again ;)

15. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    Lay off the greed, dude. Every single time I have posted about problems with the Mac version of the game you quickly reply asking for Mapple parts. I can't even get to the point where I can get Mapple parts for myself, let alone anyone else. So STFU. Please.

16. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I believe the limit is 100 and Nimblebit is looking at increasing that in the next update. I don't think they ever did say how that 100 is chosen, whether it be the first 100 GC friends or the 100 highest level friends.

17. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    #9717 no_kitano, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    I think I remember a post of Vic that the maximum is 100 GC-friends.

Edit: @Snowbird: It is still no_kitano (with the _) :)

18. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Slightlynorth - Here is the response Nimblebit gave Vic Sark.

19. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    That helps a ton, actually. Thanks Snowbird!

20. Slightlynorth

Apr 24, 2009
    Ok, last question for a little while...

Anyone know at which level Mapples start showing up in the market? Apparently I'm starting over from scratch.