Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Whats the best way to complete Nome to Wellington? Any ideas?

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Christmas Wish: for Nimblebit to add a Firefly Class Transport to the available fleet of planes :D

3. TheShark

TheShark Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Separate Game On Mac?

I just downloaded PP for my Mac. It synced with my iPhone game, so I'm playing the same game on two systems. Is there a way to play a sepreate game on the Mac?

4. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    :rolleyes: :D

5. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Yes. You can create a second GameCenter account. On the Mac, don't sign into GameCenter with your iPhone GC account ID (sign out if it's already signed in). You'll have the option to create a new GC ID, for which you will need a different email address than the one you used to create your original GC ID.

I turned off iCloud sync for both copies of PP because I think only one game file gets saved and I didn't want to mix the two up.

The nice thing about playing PP on the Mac is that you can purchase the Mapple X10 plane! Friend yourself and you can send Mapple parts to your iPhone ID!

Start with a class 1 plane with high range. The blimp and Mohawk both start at 1000 miles; with full range upgrade, either can travel 1150 miles. The SuperGopher starts with 1100 miles and can reach 1265 miles with full range upgrade.

Open Nome and Wellington and whatever airports you need in between. I do not know if you have to carry the same job from Nome to Wellington but I *think* this is the case because the achievement requires a non-stop flight between the two cities. So wait patiently in Nome until you get a Wellington job! (it helps if you don't open all the in-between airports until you fill the plane, to increase the chance of a Wellington job showing up in tiny Nome)

I used a range-upgraded SuperGopher. My route from Nome to Europe was Nome -> Ketchikan -> Thunder Bay -> Goose Bay -> Nuuk -> Reykjavik -> London (already open). Can't remember what route I took across Europe and Asia but that's the easy part. Use the Earning Comparisons tool on Rusty Snowman's PP Tools page (http://www.therustysnowman.com/proj/pocketplanes.php) to help set your route; whenever you add a city, it will bring up a list of everything you can reach with your selected origin and selected plane with selected upgrades. Very handy!

After you set the plane off from Nome onward, you can keep things tidy by closing cities the plane has already passed through. So start the flight, close Nome, wait until the plane has moved on from Ketchikan, close Ketchikan, etc.

Don't try the achievement until you can afford to open so many cities. You'll get some of the coins back, but it's still expensive.

6. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks, the coins arent an issue but i do want to wait until an event im not doing so that i dont mess that up.

7. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    YES!!!!!!

That'll make Capt Browncoat very happy too. :)

8. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    I wouldn't be able to contain myself! :p

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    ;)
    if they go there, next we'll see Pocket Planes: Star Wars !

10. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    Are you saying that like it would be a bad thing? :confused: lol

11. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    If you get a mapple pm me and I'll try to make an offer

12. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    .... Who is captain browncoat ?I'm sorry if it is anyone from here because I declined the request because I didn't see anyone from TA with that name
    PS:I'm on the app can't see signatures

13. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    Ouch. That was me. If you look on the spreadsheet under 'TA1 Crew' it will tell you both our forum names and GC names.

14. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Oh sorry send it again please :)

15. Matt-B089

Matt-B089 Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Got it, thanks.

16. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    footage of the last event in San Diego airport !

http://vimeo.com/m/54658957

Every plane that landed at San Diego airport over five hours last Friday cut down to 30 seconds, beautiful and eerie http://t.co/mPYlrp3u

17. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    ^ I love that little 'plane at the end: you can almost hear it going, "Hey, wait for me!"

PS - Does anybody know how to turn off that noise whenever somebody makes a GC friend request?

18. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    LOL wow real life PP :) Nicely put together to whoever made that!

19. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    YOU LOWER THE VOLUME TO ZERO!:p:p:p

20. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    You don't need to wait until the plane has passed through before you close an airport. Once the plane is on its way, you can close every airport except the final destination and the plane will keep on flying.