Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I do live in a PP city! I drive past the airport on the way to/from work and can see planes right after take-off.

So far I haven't spotted any pilots in a panda suit costume, though. :D

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    What would you trade for mapple:)

3. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Nah, Dantt99 sent me one, but thanks for the offer. And for the reason why you couldn't find me as I haven't switched Flight Crews from Nimblewiki yet and so haven't put myself on there yet. And it's quite amazing TA1 is ahead, I do believe Nimblewiki has loads more people. Though I also believe most people aren't doing a lot of jobs, as I'm at 96 with about 107 jobs done.

4. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #9624 Faye Valentine, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    I only had a Cloudliner C on hand (and couldnt find the missing P part in the Market, funny how the Market always "knows" what you're trying to look for). A Mapple would be super if you can spare it, i can't buy those from my iPhone.

We've got a 3000 lead on the #3 crew.

Edited to add:

Who is #10 with 2711 jobs? You show up blank on my Leaderboard. Please add me: Faye Valentine QOH

5. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I'm looking to get some of the rare planes? Do you have a P40 warhawk? Or any other rare planes (besides sk and huey)?

6. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    I'll shoot it over now!

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    No...but if I get one I'll pm you :)

8. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    Sounds good!

9. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Cool! When I posted we were only up 800 or so.

10. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    Next event predictions? Prize prediction?
    I hope we get a full plane(NimbleBit, you could make this a Concorde or Hercules event *cough*) :D

11. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    So is it a good idea to upgrade speed? I took a look at the profits using TRS's tools and speed upgraded planes make a better profit per hour, while regular planes make a better profit overall. I guess it would depend on playing style.

12. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    It depends on the plane and what you want to do with it. For exaple, I upgraded only the weight on my Cloudliner so it will profit more. I upgraded the ramge on all my SK so they can be used for most any global event.

13. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Hello, everybody. I just thought I'd pop my head in and introduce myself before I hop on to the TA1 flightcrew in the morning (I've already got over 100 jobs sent to Barcelona and I don't want to lose them - I live in Scotland and it's past midnight here). My GC account name is the same one I use here.

Whilst I don't live in Glasgow, I do visit there frequently. I don't see anybody dressed like a chicken/ghost/monster, though. :(

14. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #9634 CastlePage, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Jiayou coastcat !

Welcome! Are you joining TA1? If so, remember to add your info to the TA1 crew spreadsheet (see my signature for the link).

Yes, I live in a PP airport (check out my info on the spreadsheet to see which city), and it has NEVER been closed due to bad weather. Frown on PP for the "misleading info".

LOL is this considered fraternizing with the enemy? :eek: :eek: :)
    We'll try our best to convince you to defect to TA1. :D
    The atmosphere here is very cosy. We add our TA1 flight crew members to the GC, and so we are surrounded by friends on the leaderboard instead of impersonal numbers. You know who you are chasing and who over took you. The TA1 spirit is well and alive, and being threatened by Nimblewiki keeps us close knit and spur us on. For example, in the Timbuktu global event (I think it's Timbuktu), NimbleWiki overtook TA1 with only a couple of hours to go. We really threw in our planes and bux to regain back #2 with only 20 min left on the clock. You also find that the people here are generous, always willing to answer questions, share strategies and gift lower levels planes to help them on with the game. And of course the little competitions that we devise to make PP more interesting.

15. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I'll be joining up in the morning, don't worry :p. Hoping for a nice city and plane for the new event I'll be waking up to.

Anyways, would it be a better idea to upgrade one of my hubs or expand out a bit more? And if any of you have a spare Mapple or two, I'll trade some Aeroeagles for them.

16. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Welcome! :) Glad you are joining us, this is a great crew.

Confession time: I was with Nimblewiki before TA1, even though I had been lurking on the forum for a while. I liked the idea of being with the underdog (relative to the original Toucharcade team), even if I only did the minimum number of jobs.

Now I'm almost at 1000 jobs for this event, TA1 brings out the competitive side in me. I'd love to make top ten, but I would have to do more than double my jobs to get there!

17. jh3210

jh3210 Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I second this! However, to catch Vic and get #10 I would have to do....1,065 more jobs to jump 3 spots ;) Not gonna happen, even as I pump Aeros and Roos into Barcelona every 30 minutes it seems!

On a related note, how the heck did you jump over 3,000 jobs Faye?!?!? We were neck and neck less than 24 hours ago ;)

18. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Well this seems like it was a great event. Under 3 hours to go but I have to get some sleep. I've delivered my final jobs and parking the Seqouias in major cities to prep for next event.

I've enjoyed my first TA1 event. Thanks for the good times!

19. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    #9639 Merlion, Dec 2, 2012
    Bux arithmetic

Here's a nice one for ya. I've done a little arithmetic on the value of the next bux, given the bux value you're at.

Turns out, at every given moment the value of the next single bux (would that be 'buck'?) you make is current number of bux plus 500.

So in other words, if you're like me, staring at 55,000 bux and you're loading up a Sea Knight with 9, 10 and 11 bux jobs for Wellington for a grand total of 50 (my current record on a SK) that's an almost three million profit on one Knightflight!

Think about that when you're tempted to exchange. Holding out for just a few bux more (sorry, Clint) can get you millions...

Incidentally, has anyone ever seen a 12 bux job?

Cheers,
    M.

20. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #9640 CastlePage, Dec 2, 2012
    Sent off last layover Barcelona job and closing Barcelona airport. I was in the midst of updating the Barcelona spreadsheet when I saw Faye doing it too. It's so interesting to see the highlighted cell moving around. Hi 5 Faye !

Edit: BTW, who is at #9 on the Top 10 ? Please add your info to the TA1 spreadsheet (see link in my signature) if you haven't done so. And add us in GC :)

JH ... Faye has this amazing ability to randomly fling planes and end up in the Top 10. I've seen her doing it over and over again. Having a little daughter jobs in the opposite direction helps :p :D

All set for the next global event.