Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Vic thanks for the P40 body!

I haven't had a chance to play much today, but sitting at 15 right now. Going to see if I can have some time here at work in the afternoon.

2. heavenlystriker

Nov 23, 2012
    administrator assistant
    Orange county, ca
    I have a nav c, p & m. Two air m's an aero m and sea m and one open slot. What plane should I put in the open slot. ??? Any suggestions by the forums.

Level 11

Thx in advance for all your help. Much appreciated.

Btw does any one need a huey a grif c or a wall m

Attached Files:

3. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    1. Replace your 2-job Navigators with Mohawks (a little faster, carries 3 jobs) or Kangaroos (decidedly slower, carries 4 jobs). The more jobs you can carry, the faster you'll earn coins. Also, the Roos and Mohawks have much more range than the Nav. Fill your empty slot with another Aero M.

2. Whenever you open another city, that adds another potential destination for your jobs. The fewer open cities, the fewer possible destinations. With your current setup, it can take several refreshes to fill an Aero for a single destination city. It may sound counterintuitive, but you'll earn coins faster with fewer airports open.

Consider paring down your cities... maintain a straight-line route from Los Angeles to New York by closing down everything except LA, Phoenix, Kansas City, and NY. Fill your planes with NY jobs in LA, fill your planes with LA jobs in NY. Once you replace the Navigators, close Phoenix (your other planes should be able to fly nonstop between Kansas City from LA).

Do this for a little while and you'll be loaded with coins, at which point you can start playing around with opening more airports to experiment with routes, bux collection, hub systems, etc.

4. heavenlystriker

Nov 23, 2012
    administrator assistant
    Orange county, ca
    #9544 heavenlystriker, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Thank you for the info. I will do that now. I'm so excited hahaha

I don't think I will be able to get an aero m for a while since I am only lvl 10 at the moment. And it's unlocked at 16.

Anyone with a spare who doesn't mind sending one will be much appreciated.
    GC heavenlystriker

5. HoboHerron

HoboHerron New Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Has anyone still not received the prize for the kabul event? I pulled over 50 jobs with the TA flight crew and still nothing. I saw it takes a few hours sometimes, but its been over a day now and still nothing. Or do you need to be with the flight crew before the event even starts to be eligible for prizes? Even if you still complete jobs before the deadline?

I didnt join last minute, but I joined a couple hours after the event started. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks dudes!

6. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    Hey Vicsark,

If you happen to have a Bob Cat body or
    Hot Air Balloon body or controls I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Anyone WANT a Fogbuster-P controls?? I am beginning to despise Fogbusters :/ PM me your GC name.

GC: RedKnifeX

7. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Yeah, I think you should've gotten it by now. You didn't change crews or anything after the event was over did you? I know iphone just got an update, maybe try to update if you haven't already. Or kill the app completely and reopen?

8. coastcat

Aug 6, 2012
    You should have one now!

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #9549 vicsark, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    So what's your setup for Barcelona (great city btw)?
    I got 4 aero M doing Paris-Barcelona back and forth, round trips only.
    3 aero M doing London Paris
    2 Cloudliners (1P, 1C) sending Bcl layovers from Istanbul to Paris
    And 2 more doing Ny London

Not much playing time, so I have to boost (1 bux) the aeros a few times to clear layovers!

I'll add some Aeros P and C to the mix, but oddly I haven't any.
    because sometimes I get weird imbalances in Paris or London.
    Got no luck on the market yet though :(

Attached Files:

10. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    1) I have 2 aero-p and 2 aero-c dedicated to bringing jobs from Paris to Barcelona (round trips only).
    2) 5x aeroeagle-m bringing jobs from various cities to Barcelona, then stopping in Paris. They also ferry jobs between Paris/Barcelona if I get too many layovers.
    3) 18 sequioas (14M, 2P, 2C) bringing Barcelona & bux jobs to Paris.

I just sent you 1 aero-p and 1 aero-c, but let me know if I sent the wrong combination of parts (you know how it is!). :D

11. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Thks mate! I appreciate it :)
    I'll clear now my 50 Barcelona C layovers in London, I dunno how it went so south, it's supposed to be balanced...Odd

Nice setup, I do kind of the same, but with mostly Cyclones M now. And 9 green Sequoias M sitting for Bux. Perks of 41 plane slots!

I took the Cloudliners out of retirement for the last class 3 airport event. Didn't have the courage to store them back again. They just sit still if I don't need them. But I find the P and C useful for the events now.

Anybody else funneling dozens of Elvises to LA?

12. heavenlystriker

Nov 23, 2012
    administrator assistant
    Orange county, ca
    Thank you I just got it. What is your gc. I was trying to MSG u there. I did what you mentioned. So much better !!

Attached Files:

13. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    My setup very similar. 4 Aero M Paris-Barcelona, 1 each Aero M, P and C London-Barcelona, 2 Cyclone feeders Tehran-Paris, 2 Cyclone feeders Kinshasa-London. I tend to neglect my main run during events (a.k.a. always), so I'm using Kinshasa and Tehran since they are already on my main route (SaoP/Rio to Bejing/Shanghai) and to avoid opening too many new airports just for event.

I like it when everything balances well, this time seems about right, another feeder comes along just when the jobs run out. I like boosting the empty planes, but I'm still pretty poor so trying be more disciplined this time.

14. heavenlystriker

Nov 23, 2012
    administrator assistant
    Orange county, ca
    #9554 heavenlystriker, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    Quick question. Is it "better" to get an M plane or is it just personal preference. Level 11. Gc heavenlystriker

Also Burchcraft or Mohawk ??

15. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    off to bed!
    Fly

Attached Files:

16. heavenlystriker

Nov 23, 2012
    administrator assistant
    Orange county, ca
    How much is it to purchase your next slot!?

17. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    It's coming 1586 buddy (emperor's march)

52 000 000 coins so focus on Bux man!

Attached Files:

18. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    Thank you, Vic!!

My set up for Barcelona is chaos. Trying to do a loop between Algiers, Madrid, London and Paris. If anything I am snipping bux left and right though. I still have a lot of clearing out to do from past events.

19. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    For this event I have 2 Aero-Ms and 1P/C shuttling jobs from Paris to Barcelona. I have a Seq-M bring Barcelona jobs to Paris and a Cyc-M bringing jobs from Instanbul/Cairo. I'm trying not to neglect my normal routes since it's a Bux only event, and still have 2 Cyc-Ms running strictly Bux jobs.

20. coastcat

Aug 6, 2012
    "Chaos" is an apt description. Let's see...

4 Sequoia Ms laying over event jobs in Paris and collecting bux
    4 Cyclone Ms laying over event jobs in Paris or running LA to Seoul for coins
    5 Aero Ms sending event jobs directly to Barcelona from Lagos, London, NY, and Istanbul
    4 Mapples, 2 Kanga Ms, 1 Kanga P, and 1 Kanga C running layovers from Paris to Barcelona (the Mapples occasionally stop at Barcelona to wait for bux jobs, everything else does a roundtrip)

However, I'm only playing sporadically so my total is pretty low (327, #17 right now).

I like Ms but keep Ps and Cs around for events that are passenger-only or cargo-only.

Birchcraft are handy when you're level 10-15. Once you hit level 16 and can buy Aeros, you'll probably stick the Birchcraft in the hangar (Aeros are faster and have more capacity).