Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    No new global event yet? Should have started 15 minutes ago and I'm still seeing nothing on the flight crew page.

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Me neither. Has there ever been a lull before?

3. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    For those who are curious:

In my experience--- DO NOT switch flight crews once you have started delivering global event people/cargo. I decided to change to another flight crew during an event with 60+ things delivered and lost all that work, had to start at zero in the new flight crew.

Can't say that is what will happen 100% of the time (because I did it only ince) but just wanted to give a heads up because someone recently asked.

Cheers!

4. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    I think that IS what happens - when you switch flight crews, your global event counter resets to zero!

5. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Not only that, but wait until you have received your prize from the previous event before switching, or you will get no prize at all.

6. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    I've seeing happen before but it's been a while. I think perhaps they are performing some server maintenance. :eek:

7. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Sorry about that. You're right it's bgrim2day

8. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    NOOOOO!! I just switched over to TA1 after the event ended. Now I'll stick with just one flight crew.

9. jh3210

jh3210 Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Fight Championship, Barcelona, 30 Bux prize....ugh

10. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Has anyone received their prize from the Kabul event yet? I performed over 60 jobs and nothing received...

11. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I just received mine when I opened up the game. But I know in the past in can take up to a few hours to show up.

Another bux event, eh. I might sit this one out, or not do much over the minimum, and try to up my bux count before the next event. I'm sure I'll be burned out of that by Saturday. Then again, I like the competition so I'll proably try to work my way into the top 10, haha.

12. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Ah, I just had to quit PP and then reopen it, and my prize showed up. Thank you!

13. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    #9513 green_paper, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    I go though the same thoughts for Bux events... :)

Skip it?
    Ahh, I'll do the minimum.
    Wait, I'm catching up to others.
    Next thing you know you're fighting to get into the top 10!

Edit: I have a feeling we will be challenged for the #2 position for this event, so let that be your motivation if you're wondering whether you should sit this one out, or put in some effort!

14. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    My thoughts exactly mate :)

15. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Spot on.
    #ppaddictanonymous

16. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    LOL at the sick humor. I can attest to that ... stupid Paris then London airport close down. It was raining at my place when it was raining in Paris/London, with grey skies and the occasional lightning, but my city's airport still remained open, unlike Paris.

I woke up very early this morning and spent a good 2 hours winding down kabul operations (consolidating and sending off the last bux jobs). Kabul is now closed :)

Thank you for the recap, Train 2000. It's wonderful how people voluntarily take care of others, especially newcomers.

And yes, jiayou all !

17. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I sat out the last one and I think I am going to sit this one out as well. BUX only isn't worth disrupting my much more massive BUX collection strategy. Almost to 44,500!!!

18. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I'm really happy to have scaled back my basis setup with only 9 class 3 airports (LA,NY,Rio,SP,Par,Lon,Ist,Seoul,Shng).
    And also to only take bux jobs and event jobs as layovers.
    It's easier to close shop (the airports added for an event) and it feels neat afterwards.
    I like the winding down phase now, carrying the last bux layovers to the soon to close airports.

Anyway, I'm extending my offer for our fellow TouchArcade1 crew members, as I'm crawling under hundreds of parts.

If I can see you in the TouchArcade1 leaderboard, you may ask me for any rare plane part you need (Starship, Blimp, bobcat, P40, Huey, Sea Knight, Hot air balloon).
    I'll send ONE of them to you if I got it.
    No need to send anything back.
    Tell me on this thread which parts you're after, and remind me your level and GC if it's different from your forum name, it's easier for me.
    So If you're in TouchArcade1 crew, be sure to add me GC Vic Sark.
    I'll take it slow for now so everybody will have a shot!
    I may not respond immediately though, be patient!

19. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Newsflash ​

This is an newsflash from the TA1 broadcasting station.

A good morning to all ! Have you been wondering at the number of ninjas and karate kids heading for Barcelona? Plus all those prize money sitting there waiting to be hijacked. The new global event is a fight championship at barcelona. No bulls nor matadors are present though.

Elsewhere, there is a business meeting in Sao Paulo, a construction project in Christchurch and an air show in Beirut. Lovebirds may want to head for Recife to tie the knot at the mass wedding. Celebrities have been sighted heading for Seattle for a film shoot while soldiers are reporting in to Lisbon on a military exercise.

9 cities are affected by weather/computer problems with a record breaking 6 airports temporarily closed: Glasgow, Pana City, Fairbanks, Tiksi, Magadan and Windhoek. The upside is that these are all class 1 airports, so unlikely to affect our TA1 members.

Now for a look at the Barcelona global event and our TA1 members. The new Barcelona spreadsheet has been created. Please update your job count (and others around you) regularly on this link. Gus172 and Number1Ump: please fill in your particulars on the TA1 crew page.

Nokitano made the first recorded dash to Barcelona in the TA1 crew with 6 jobs, closely followed by others. Nokitano is currently leading the TA1 crew. Greenpaper, who was initially thinking of doing the minimum number of jobs can rest after 3 hours into the game, but decided to continue to retain his position in the top10. Newcomers Number1Ump and Gus172 are jostling for a place on the podium with Kr3500 following at #4 (after wrestling it from Rebartsch). jh3210, Robo and Caylynn have also fought their way into the top10.

That's all for the newsflash. This is CastlePage signing off from the TA1 Broadcasting station. Jiayou all !:D

End of newsflash​

20. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Hello! Now recently, I've decided to start closing my class one airports. I'm going to replace some of the class one planes with the smaller class twos. So are Birchcraft or Equinox better?