Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    You can still have memory problems with lots of RAM. Dereferencing a null pointer can happen because of faulty program logic, for example.

I just don't think NimbleBit tests all the iOS platforms thoroughly, to be honest. Despite the "Pocket" part of the app's name, I don't think the iPod Touch gets as much QA attention as the iPad. Just my hunch.

2. BigWheel

BigWheel New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Thanks

Thanks for the advise gamecenter id eweisenhorn

3. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm having problems adding you. If you want you can add me. GC Id is CAPTAINBROWNCOAT.

4. BigWheel

BigWheel New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Maybe I am doing this wrong I thought that was your mobage id. Where do I find the gc id?

5. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Are you playing on your iPhone? Or an android device? iPhone=gamecenter friends. And android=Mobage. I don't believe there is a way to add friends between the two operating systems.

6. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Another suggestion for the next global event spreadsheet - remove the "rank" column. It's an extra thing to update, and you can easily determine the rank by sorting the jobs column.

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I disagree, the rank column is needed. Sorting by rank is the fastest way to see the most people in the correct order given not every position is updated at the same time.

8. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Who is currently ranked #1 on the leaderboard with 3369 jobs?
    Please send me a GC request: Faye Valentine QOH
    :D

Thank you for taking the time to gather intel for us. Much appreciated!

I always sort the spreadsheet by the JOBS column (column D, sorted Z->A so the higher numbers are at the top) and use this to gauge where everyone sits on the leaderboard.
    That said, I would still like to see the RANK column --- yes I know, I can just increment the row number by one to get the ranking (after sorting by JOBS). :D

I can see you up there at #3, I'm currently trying to hold on to #8.
    I could use one SeaKnight Body or one SeaKnight Engine, if you have any spares.

No problems with the latest 1.1.1 update?

9. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Sent u a body mate

10. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nimblewiki has about 300 active members on this one, 7 times more than us :)

11. <(TIMO)>

<(TIMO)> Member

Sep 7, 2012
    One of those missing crews is Good Game.

12. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #9492 CastlePage, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Thank you Vic Sark and Relharn for the intel. It is quite some work to keep restarting PP to properly get the flight crew. But it certainly makes life more interesting. I have been too busy to play PP so I haven't been following what's happening on the leaderboard. :p

I added a rank column because sometimes there are some TA1 members whom I haven't add in GC, hence I can't update the spreadsheet correctly. Plus, it gives me an idea where a person is (or how much others have overtaken them).

My PP has been crashing every 5-10 minutes on iPad 2. And every hour or so, PP crashed so hard that I have to reboot my iPad.

Edit: Oh I HATE the weather ! I came home finally free to play PP, to be greeted by Paris airport closure. Finally Paris is cleared, to be followed by London airport closure. And i'm operating London/Paris hub {black face}

13. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    top 10 update, for those missing names.
    I'm closing up shop for this one, expediting layovers.

Attached Files:

14. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Hello All,

I've been been playing PP for a couple weeks now and am really enjoying it. I had a couple questions though.

I'm about to hit level 15 and am wondering if I should close down my class 1 airports and just focus on opening and upgrading 2,3's?

What is the difference between touch arcade and TA1 for flight crews? I'm already signed in on TA and have about 300 jobs from the Kabul event. Should I switch over to TA1?

Also my GC id is bgrimday.

Thanks for the help.
    B

15. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    Filling in LB from what I can see. I'm missing #18 and #19. My GC ID is CAPTAINBROWNCOAT. Feel free to add me.

16. Chewbacca

Nov 3, 2012
    Dehli's down for the next hour. @&$?!

17. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    THANK YOU for the Sea Knight parts.

I can hear someone with a sick sense of humor at Nimblebit laughing at all of us!!!
    Anyhow, it's time to wrap things up and close up shop (and get back to real life work :( ). I usually start winding down global events a couple hours before the end cuz I never know if the last minute jobs get counted. TA1 is holding 2nd place with a 5k lead, I think we're good and don't need to make a mad rush to send last minute jobs this round.

18. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    It wouldn't hurt to recap what we've done here to our Global Flight Crew for any new people to this message board.

Toucharcade has become the #1 flight crew with 6-10 times the number of jobs delivered than the #2 ranked flight crew. With over 4000 people in the crew, it was hard to become friends with enough people to see the leaderboard populated. We decided to create TOUCHARCADE1 as a new flight crew. Anyone can join the crew and post their GC ID here in this forum, afterwhich they can invite and be invited via GC by other PP players who are dedicated to this game.

The top 10 flight crew teams receive the first place prize and therefore it doesn't matter if you're TA or TA1, you will get the same prize. The difference is seeing more people on that leaderboard and adding another element to this great game.

This *link* will take you to a google document that will show you all the GameCenter IDs of people in the TA1 crew. People are very open to receiving invites. Also, to those reading this message board but are not posting. (aka - lurkers) Join the crew and add some friends, the more the merrier.

We assume the Kringle Kruiser will be a prize at Christmas, but between now and then who knows what will show up as a prize. There are always the Concorde and C-130 Hercules as two great white whales waiting to be released. And hopefully new planes will be added in the future.

Jiayou, to you all

19. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    You know, I left the TA crew for the reasons cited. I love this idea of a second crew. I will be joining for the next event when Kabul finishes. I flew with REDDIT and completed just over 3000 jobs.

Please add me in Game Center as Number1Ump

20. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    The bigger the airport the more jobs are available, so closing the class 1 airports can be a good idea as you get planes with more capacity and longer range.

Ultimately, having only class 3 airports can be beneficial once you are a high enough level. Many players here, myself included, operate this way, and only open Class 2 or 1 airports for the global event.

See Train 2000's post re TA v TA1. In short, join us!

I tried adding you as "bgrimday" as above, but that did not show a user. Did you miss a "2" from that?