Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Looks like we're still hanging on to second by a couple thousand jobs. Just added another Sea Knight to the mix shuttling Kabul jobs.

Also looking for a Seq-M if anyone has one to spare. I have plenty of Huey/Sea Knight/Hot Air Balllon parts and any of the other stuff for level 36.

2. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    #9462 coastcat, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Ah, just looked at the posting times. Snowbird saw six individual plus the global event in one 12-hour period, and Faye saw this pared-down version in the next (Snowbird posted before 7pm US Eastern time, with Faye posting after 7pm - events change at 7am and 7pm in our zone).

I have a second GC id now (Bridgie0702, currently level 10) who belongs to our rival #NimbleWiki. They must have a lot of members to put up those numbers. On that ID I'm running six class 1 planes with only Kabul, Delhi, Kolkata, and Singapore open (plus Padang in the previous event period and Palu open now) and have delivered a mere 174 Kabul jobs. And yet I'm #16 in that crew! The highest I can see is #12 and that's just 204 jobs.

I'd forgotten what it's like to have so few coins and bux... can't even upgrade an airport right now.

3. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    #9463 rebartsch, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Hello you two and Thank you for the suggestions...None of them worked.
    So I emailed NimbleBit and as of yet have gotten no reply.
    So what I did to fix it was send 10 planes to Rio...Grabbed all the Bux Layovers...Waited for them to land...Deleted Rio...waited till I played again...Added Rio back and upgraded it and so far it has not come back. Just lucky I had plenty of coins to try this.
    Thanks again BlueBear88 & KitFisto22 ... your time and effort was very much appreiciated!
    Cheers and have a great day!!!

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Thks man!
    It seems crazy that IGN crew is so small ain't it?

I got an offer for our fellow TouchArcade1 crew members, as I'm crawling under hundreds of parts.
    IF I can see you in the TA1 leaderboard, you may ask me for any rare plane part you miss to complete a plane, and I'll send it to you if I got it. No need to send sthg back.

I'm 7th now so I can see the top 10 for the Kabul event.
    This offer is valid for the next event too, so add me if you're in TouchArcade1 GC Vic Sark.
    I'll take it slow so everybody will have a shot!

And we have a 1.1.1 upadate with some bug fixes.

5. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Thanks, very generous of you. I'd like either Bobcat engine or P40 engine, your choice. I'm on the leader board right now, but I can see Nokitano in my rear view mirror and we all know what that means . . .
    GC RoboRoboto

6. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Thanks very much, got it.

7. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    Hi guys sorry i haven't posted in a while

8. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Thanks, Vic!! You're the best! If only we had a group hug emoticon.

:D

I still have 5 Huey controls and 4 engines if anyone needs any. Lmk.

9. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    But I still get an immediate crash whenever I dismiss the dialog for a received gift part, and I still get random other crashes for every 5-10 minutes of gameplay...

10. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Me too. PP crashes way more on my iPhone 4S than on my iPad3, so I guess it's a memory problem perhaps.
    Still have the crash when receiving a gifted part, that is here since the last 2/3 updates and wasn't here in the beginning oddly.
    And on the iPad, with the full screen ad, it always acts as if I clicked it, exits and opens iTunes :(
    Not happening on the iPhone.

@Chewbacca @RoboRoboto : u're welcome mates!

11. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Same for me on my 13 inch early 2011 MacBook Pro. Maybe it's only on Macbook Pros this happens? What do you use?

12. BigWheel

BigWheel New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Help Expanding

Need some ideas/help expanding my airline, stats below:

Planes(fully upgraded):
    Birchcraft-M(2), Birchcraft-C, Birchcraft-P, Mowhawk-P(3), Mowhawk-C, Mowhawk-M(4)
    Aeroeagle-C, Aeroeagle-P, Aeroeagle-M, Fogbuster-M

Class 3 Airports(fully upgraded):
    LA, Chicago, NY, Mexico City, Lima, Rio, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires

Class 2 Airports(partially upgraded):
    Santiago, Bogota, Caracas, Guatemala, Monterrey, Houston, Dallas,
    Phoenix, San Fran, Seattle, Detroit, Toronto, Philly, DC, Boston

Almost lvl 26
    438 Bux
    100K Coins

also how do I add friends I have none right now

Thanks all for any advice.

13. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    To upgrade your airline, upscale your fleet to include sequoias, put smaller planes in the hanger and sell class 2 airports. To add friends you have to do it via game center. Hope this helps :D

14. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    4th gen iPod Touch

15. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    It definitely feels like a memory problem. In the moments prior to a crash, the app will be noticably slower. I'll be scrolling a job list and it will freeze for a few seconds, then come back for a few seconds and then freeze again for 5-10 more seconds, evenutally crashing.

It sure smells like a bad memory leak that escalates quickly. But I don't have to play for long before I get my first one--I have seen a crash within 60 seconds of starting up the app for the first time after a reboot.

16. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    My 2011 pro never crashes, but my 2010 white MacBook is super crashy on pp.

17. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    To get friends, tell us your GameCenter ID - the friend requests will start rolling in!

My advice:
    1. Keep the AeroEagles and Mohawks.
    2. Scrap the Birchcrafts (or at least put them in the hangar)
    3. Sequoias! Get them, use them. They are particularly handy for running long-distance routes in North/South America. Even with no fuel tank upgrade, they can make a nonstop trip between New York and Buenos Aires. They will also take you across the Atlantic; you can fly non-stop to Lagos from New York or any of the class 3 South American airports. Sequoias are slow but very useful. They'll get you from Buenos Aires to Lagos to Dhaka, for example.
    3. When you reach level 26, replace your Fogbuster with a Cyclone or two (or lots).
    4. Fewer cities make it easier to fill your planes quickly. Don't be afraid to pare down your route map to just the Class 3 cities.

18. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Spying a bit on Nimblewiki:
    1st has 1291 jobs
    10th 316
    i'll update with the crew members number.

we only have 43 active TA1 crew members on Kabul event.

19. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    It can't be a memory problem, since I upgraded my MacBook Pro's RAM to 16GB!

20. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    It's not about how much memory you have, it's how the application uses it ;)